FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil Mix

Don't forget Cal-Mag, Bushdoctor is the FF brand, it works well.
Hey Phyto. Quick question if you don’t mind. I’ve always had calmag nearby in case I run into problems but never use it. Do you add a dose of calmag every watering? I practice the cycle of feed,dry, water only and dry. Sorry if I am wrong by asking this here. Thought it was relevant to the discussion. Peace.

NTH

Looking good, but I have to ask: Did you have signs of magnesium deficiency? Calmag should only be supplemented when it is needed... extra magnesium can build up in the soil, causing other problems. That being said, if your conditions are causing a magnesium shortage, ie, LED lights and RO water, once you see signs of magnesium deficiency it is probably needed at a maintenance level for the rest of the life of the plant.
Should have read further before asking my question above. My bad and thanks Em.

NTH

one more newbie question, when to harvest? Am I close? Just about 11 week from when they got their first real leaves.

IMG_0001.JPG

Evolution does not look kindly on a specie producing offspring that are exactly the same.

That's certainly doing a number on Tasmanian devils :( .

let me phrase it a different way. Some websites say harvest when all pistils are brown, some say 40-50% of them, some 100%. Some say wait till 10% or more of the trichomes are amber.... I'm at easily over 60-70% brown pistils.... what is the 'right' way
The right way is to go by the trichomes at the very tip top of the plant. Experiment to see what you prefer with each strain you grow because some people prefer 2% amber trichomes, some prefer it before any of them show up, and others like a large degree of amber. Since it is a subjective judgement, there is no right way, it is totally up to what you prefer.

interesting, two seeds that are supposed to be the same but look quite different

20220319_100100.jpg

angie  3-22.jpg
you will never get the exact/identical plant uinless you the clones other wise you get different pheno-types of that strain. Consider removing some large fan leaves so therei s air movement with your plant -FYI

It looks like you have run out of potassium or you have reached a point of salt lockout. Something is wrong, but its impossible to guess what it is without more information. It looks like you still have at least 3 weeks to go, so it could still be beneficial to try to fix this.
what additional info would help? should I flush?

I would definitely try flushing then, it cant hurt and does seem indicated by the symptoms. 3x the container size, so a 5 gallon gets 15 gallons of tap water run through it ... I suggest the toilet with a screen set over it... its easy to clog the bathtub or shower and the toilet gets it up where you can also do some trimming if needed. Treat this as one of your water only waterings in your f/w/f/w schedule and then resume full nutes when it dries out next and needs to be watered.

I would definitely try flushing then, it cant hurt and does seem indicated by the symptoms. 3x the container size, so a 5 gallon gets 15 gallons of tap water run through it ... I suggest the toilet with a screen set over it... its easy to clog the bathtub or shower and the toilet gets it up where you can also do some trimming if needed. Treat this as one of your water only waterings in your f/w/f/w schedule and then resume full nutes when it dries out next and needs to be watered.
will do, should I also add calmag? also, our Tap water has a ph of almost 8, would I want to adjust?

Back
Top Bottom