Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

I agree Canyon. When we add it to CCO to make biobombs it's added at the end. I don't see any reason why that couldn't apply here as well.

Guys, I've been taking this oil now for about two months and I'm not seeing any tolerance buildup, and I even pushed it for a while, doing a capsule every two hours for a couple days.

Research suggests that the ECS will take receptors off line when the system is overstimulated with THC, but as far as I know those are lab and animal results. I don't believe anyone's witnessed this in humans, though this is what we believe leads to tolerance, and it's recommended you either take an herbal holiday or switch strains.

So I'd anticipated that I'd need to switch to another oil at some point to reset the system, but this oil doesn't appear to be effecting my receptors in the same way. Is anyone else noticing this?

I agree Canyon. When we add it to CCO to make biobombs it's added at the end. I don't see any reason why that couldn't apply here as well.

Guys, I've been taking this oil now for about two months and I'm not seeing any tolerance buildup, and I even pushed it for a while, doing a capsule every two hours for a couple days.

Research suggests that the ECS will take receptors off line when the system is overstimulated with THC, but as far as I know those are lab and animal results. I don't believe anyone's witnessed this in humans, though this is what we believe leads to tolerance, and it's recommended you either take an herbal holiday or switch strains.

So I'd anticipated that I'd need to switch to another oil at some point to reset the system, but this oil doesn't appear to be effecting my receptors in the same way. Is anyone else noticing this?

I think you are the human guinea pig for recreational oil around these parts :rofl:

I'm having a hard time properly testing my new oils. Spent 3 1/2 days between making fresh harvest, Everclear extractions, infused coconut oil, labeling and packaging, and cleaning up the huge disaster in the kitchen. Of course I had to sample and actually needed some oil to combat the back pain from too much standing in one place at the stove... crazy... I can work hard all day with minimal problems but standing in one place or sitting too long is killer on the back.

Anyway, I decided after the long weekend to take a break for a few days to clean it all outta my system so I could test it for recommending starting doses for those I'm making it for. I got up the next morning and realized I'd used up all my coconut oil, which I emulsify in my coffee every morning. So, without much thought I grabbed a jar of infused coconut oil and dropped in a mounded teaspoon. It was delicious!!!

Problem is, about a half hour later I realized I was blitzed! Another half hour and I was on my lips!!! It was a very interesting day at work! Not a single tile got set in the custom shower I'm doing! But the glass accent tile is buffed up perdy as can be and the rest of day spent using the glass tiles to make flower inlays. Lol!! Don't even know if I'll use them... but it sure was fun!

420-magazine-mobile1315306784.jpg

Meds ready for delivery! So rewarding!

I'm having a hard time properly testing my new oils. Spent 3 1/2 days between making fresh harvest, Everclear extractions, infused coconut oil, labeling and packaging, and cleaning up the huge disaster in the kitchen. Of course I had to sample and actually needed some oil to combat the back pain from too much standing in one place at the stove... crazy... I can work hard all day with minimal problems but standing in one place or sitting too long is killer on the back.

Anyway, I decided after the long weekend to take a break for a few days to clean it all outta my system so I could test it for recommending starting doses for those I'm making it for. I got up the next morning and realized I'd used up all my coconut oil, which I emulsify in my coffee every morning. So, without much thought I grabbed a jar of infused coconut oil and dropped in a mounded teaspoon. It was delicious!!!

Problem is, about a half hour later I realized I was blitzed! Another half hour and I was on my lips!!! It was a very interesting day at work! Not a single tile got set in the custom shower I'm doing! But the glass accent tile is buffed up perdy as can be and the rest of day spent using the glass tiles to make flower inlays. Lol!! Don't even know if I'll use them... but it sure was fun!

420-magazine-mobile1315306784.jpg

Meds ready for delivery! So rewarding!

On your lips... :rofl: Good work Randy. :high-five: Yep, this is an oil you have to ease into. Lol!

I like those little jars you use for the CCO. What size are they?

On your lips... :rofl: Good work Randy. :high-five: Yep, this is an oil you have to ease into. Lol!

I like those little jars you use for the CCO. What size are they?

I'm not sure... I've been picking them up at a smoke shop here in town. I'm thinking they are 1/4 ounce but I'll check and make sure... need to make an Amazon order. Would like to find them in the brown/amber glass. These are a bit smaller than the ones they used to carry. I like the next size up as it has a wider mouth and fits 6 grams infused with 30% coconut oil nicely. That's the ratio that works best for me to make the raw oil the consistency of motor oil which is nice for controlling finger tip drop dosing.

I'm thinking we need to be a bit more active in turning other growers here onto the oil. I've shared it with a number of people and it's apparent that a great many don't understand what it's for. They think dabs... but medicinal CO is such an awesome experience that recreational users could benefit greatly from it. Also, those with back pain etc are smoking and vaping for relief but the oil gives so much more body effect and last so much longer.

Not sure how this works but it appears anyway that unless someone follows another members postings to find the medical threads, they don't see them in their feed. Could be wrong. Anyone else know how that works?

I'm thinking we need to be a bit more active in turning other growers here onto the oil. I've shared it with a number of people and it's apparent that a great many don't understand what it's for. They think dabs... but medicinal CO is such an awesome experience that recreational users could benefit greatly from it. Also, those with back pain etc are smoking and vaping for relief but the oil gives so much more body effect and last so much longer.

I'm thinkin' you're right Randy. It's a matter of finding the way to do that. If we can interest a couple to try it that might be enough to start momentum.

Not sure how this works but it appears anyway that unless someone follows another members postings to find the medical threads, they don't see them in their feed. Could be wrong. Anyone else know how that works?

I don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about the mobile app? I use desktop and it's a drop down menu across the top of the page.

30% carrier oil, eh? I'll remember that. I process into biobombs and take them.

I'm thinkin' you're right Randy. It's a matter of finding the way to do that. If we can interest a couple to try it that might be enough to start momentum.

I don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about the mobile app? I use desktop and it's a drop down menu across the top of the page.

30% carrier oil, eh? I'll remember that. I process into biobombs and take them.

Yes I use mobile app unless I need to do something in my profile. I'm talking about what we see on our newsfeed. I don't know if we see everything posted to just the forum topics we have posted in or are subbed to. If that's the case I'd assume many growers, especially newbies like me, are only seeing grow journals unless they look at a members posts and go to those forum topics.

Yes, it's about 30%. Of course ambient room temps where it's kept and used make a difference in viscosity. It tends to be cooler here in Alaska! Just a little...

"Just a little" :rofl:

Will someone help me out here? I'm in the middle of making FHO and I'm having a senior moment regarding "temperature."

I'm using a double boiler with oil and of course, bud and oil in a qt mason jar. Sue and Pyscro's instructions aren't very clear (to this old fart) as to which oil - the oil in the db, or the oil mixed in with the bud has to get to 230 or so. It seems logical to me that it has to be the oil/bud, but mine is boiling like crazy with the db oil at 230°F.

I'm thinking it's the water in the bud (I didn't add any water for blending) and it's just boiling out. And, eventually, the oil/bud mix will get to 230° Yes?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the oil/bud mixture need to get up to 230. I'd say for a minimum of 30 min. That along with the time getting near it and the time as it begins to cool down should be a good decarb.

As far as I'm concerned a little under decarbed, leaving some THCA unconverted to THC is better than over decarbing and some of the THC converting to CBN.

Have you added lecithin? If so, that's why it's boiling so much. Since it's been an hour I'm sure you found the bubbling stopped.

I'd be interested in hearing how the whole experience turned out. All my best to ya Mike!

Ok, I cranked up the temp and added some lecithin. Now, it's looking like I would expect it to. A little foam, "darker" oily looking, etc. more later....

Sorry so slow to respond... working.

What is the temp of your heating oil? My mixture runs about 30 degrees lower than the heating oil, so I set it to 275 from the get do and start bumping it down when it stops foaming. About a half hour of bumping temp down after foaming stops. If at that point there are no more bubbles and no milky looking oil, it's done.

After adding the lecithin, it foamed a lot! The volume was double maybe triple. After an hour or so at approx. 220° it stopped foaming and the volume returned to normal.

The plant material - mush - formed a "crust" on top of the o il. I could stir it down for a few seconds and then it came back. The bubbling action stopped coming through the crust, but if I pushed it out of the way, I could see some minor foam and bubbling.

One other thing that threw me. I was able to keep the temp around 220° throughout the foaming but once it fell back, the temp skyrocketed to 275°! I never touched the dial so I can only assume the foam somehow disapated the heat and once if fell and the bubbling slowed way down the heat increased.

Waiting for it to cool enough to strain . . .

After adding the lecithin, it foamed a lot! The volume was double maybe triple. After an hour or so at approx. 220° it stopped foaming and the volume returned to normal.

The plant material - mush - formed a "crust" on top of the o il. I could stir it down for a few seconds and then it came back. The bubbling action stopped coming through the crust, but if I pushed it out of the way, I could see some minor foam and bubbling.

One other thing that threw me. I was able to keep the temp around 220° throughout the foaming but once it fell back, the temp skyrocketed to 275°! I never touched the dial so I can only assume the foam somehow disapated the heat and once if fell and the bubbling slowed way down the heat increased.

Awesome! Yeah, the water vapor is carried away by the lecithin foaming action. That's when the temp of material catches up to heating oil temp.

That crust reminds me of rhino lining they spray in pickup beds!

You're gonna love this oil. It depends on the strain and ratios of plant material to EVOO, but mine is sure powerful. I took seven drops from eye dropper this am before work and it's almost too much to work on.... almost!

If you attempt to recover all the oil you can rather than eat it, this works very well...

-place mixture in glass baking dish and prop up on end to allow oil to run out. Mash material into top end of dish repeatedly to squeeze out oil.

-once you've gotten as much as you can by gravity, wrap it into balls in cheese clothe and drop into boiled water and remove from burner

-let it steep for 15 minutes or so

-use a spoon to press oil out of balls and into the water

-when balls remain whitish rather than blackish patches, pick it out and squeeze all you can out of it.

-place water with oil in it in the fridge for several hours. When you can see it has separated into layers, scrape top layer off and place into shot glasses or another tall skinny glass container and put into a pan of water on stove... water level about two thirds up the container.

- simmer for as long as it takes for it again to separate into layers. This time your black gold with be the top layer. Suck it out with an oral syringe and put it thru cheese clothe or gauze for final straining.

I found there are three layers when you put the water in fridge. Top is mostly oil, second is a milky greenish brown that does have oil in it. Bottom layer is mostly water. If you are happy with volume recovered from gravity and settling out top layer, great. If not and you want to recover more, go thru same process with shot glasses with the second milky layer and you'll get even more. It however may need additional finer straining as there is fine particulate in it.

Nicely done!

Temp will spike after water is gone. Oil mix can't get above 212° until almost all the water is gone. The water absorbs all the extra heat energy as it boils, as much energy as would heat the oil mix at least another 30° higher, so when it's gone the oil temp will spike quickly unless you turn down heat.

Back
Top Bottom