Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

Somewhere I saw a post about how to calculate the mg of CBD and THC per ml, but I can't find it now.

What is the method to calculate how much I would be getting per dose of oil?

Somewhere I saw a post about how to calculate the mg of CBD and THC per ml, but I can't find it now.

What is the method to calculate how much I would be getting per dose of oil?

It's worth posting over here too.

Calculating the dose

Each 00 capsule holds 1 ml of oil

Assume:
1. You started with decarboxilated cannabis with a ratio 1:1 of CBD:THC, 10% each.

2. You had 400 grams of dried plant material.

3. Infused oils have an 85% extraction efficiency.

4. You used 30 ml of oil for each gram of plant material. (30x400) = 12,000 ml = 12 liters = 12.7 quarts of oil

5. Oil specific gravity = 0.90 g/cc

The Math

10% x 0.85 = 8.5% = 0.085

0.085 x 400 gr = 34 gr

34 gr x 1000 = 34,000 mg

34,000 mg / 12,000 ml = 2.8 mg of either CBD or THC in each capsule.

My calculations

I work with fresh harvest. I assume 75% water weight, so when I calculate my 400 grams of wet plant material I use 100 grams instead of 400.

CBD Critical Cure is projected to come in at 8% CBD and 5% THC

Working from step 5 above

CBD

8% x 0.85 = .068

.068 x 100 gr = 6.8 gr

6.8 gr x 1000 = 6800 mg

6800 mg / 500 ml = 13.6 mg/ml

THC

5% x 0.85 = .0425

.0425 x 100 gr = 4.25 gr

4.25 gr x 1000 = 4250 mg

4250 mg / 500 ml = 8.5 mg/ml

My CBD Critical Cure capsules are offering 13.6 mg of CBD and 8.5 mg of THC each. The daughter takes four a day, so her estimated daily dose is 54.4 mg of CBD and 34 mg of THC.

Calculating the dose

Assume:
1. You started with decarboxilated cannabis with a ratio 1:1 of CBD:THC, 10% each.

4. You used 30 ml of oil for each gram of plant material. (30x400) = 12,000 ml = 12 liters = 12.7 quarts of oil

The Math

0.085 x 400 gr = 34 gr

34 gr x 1000 = 34,000 mg

My calculations

I work with fresh harvest. I assume 75% water weight, so when I calculate my 400 grams of wet plant material I use 100 grams instead of 400.

CBD

8% x 0.85 = .068

.068 x 100 gr = 6.8 gr

6.8 gr x 1000 = 6800 mg

THC

5% x 0.85 = .0425

.0425 x 100 gr = 4.25 gr

4.25 gr x 1000 = 4250 mg

My CBD Critical Cure capsules are offering 13.6 mg of CBD and 8.5 mg of THC each. The daughter takes four a day, so her estimated daily dose is 54.4 mg of CBD and 34 mg of THC.

Awesome post!

Ok, so let me see if I get this right:

Candida 20:1 - 10:1 (average being 15:1)
300 g fresh bud = 75 g dried if using 25% calculation
100 ml of olive oil per gram of fresh bud = 750 ml oil

Using the average of 15:1

15 x 0.85 = 12.75 g

12.75 x 1000 = 12,750 mg

12,750 mg/ 750 ml = 17 mg

1 x 0.85 = 0.85

0.85 x 1000 = 850 mg

850/750 ml = 1.13 mg

Each capsule would contain approximately 17 mg CBD and 1.13 mg THC

Did I get my math right?

Awesome post!

15 x 0.85 = 12.75 g

12.75 x 1000 = 12,750 mg

1 x 0.85 = 0.85

0.85 x 1000 = 850 mg

850/750 ml = 1.13 mg

Did I get my math right?

:thumb:

Doesn't that make you feel competent? So many people still think it's all a smokescreen for staying high. Hahaha! We put a lot of work into getting it right.

Well done. You've grown your own plant, harvested and processed it into potent oil, and found a starting dose to assist your ECS in creating a more even endocannabinoid tone. I'm proud of you. :hug: :love:

Calculating the dose

Assume:

The Math

0.085 x 400 gr = 34 gr

34 gr x 1000 = 34,000 mg

My calculations

CBD

8% x 0.85 = .068

.068 x 100 gr = 6.8 gr

6.8 gr x 1000 = 6800 mg

THC

5% x 0.85 = .0425

.0425 x 100 gr = 4.25 gr

4.25 gr x 1000 = 4250 mg

Awesome post!

15 x 0.85 = 12.75 g

12.75 x 1000 = 12,750 mg

1 x 0.85 = 0.85

0.85 x 1000 = 850 mg

850/750 ml = 1.13 mg

Did I get my math right?

Hey Lady A, think u missed a decimal point based on Sue's Calcs

I just made a Spreadsheet, cant see how to attache it

15 x 0.85 = 12.75 g The 15 should be /100 or .15

This would give you a 12.75g CBD

and yer THC would be .85g

Oh God bless you Scorpio. I need to make it a point to NOT be the person who checks the math. :laughtwo:

Email it to me please. I'll text you the address.

Oh God bless you Scorpio. I need to make it a point to NOT be the person who checks the math. :laughtwo:
I'm inherantly lazy....so making a spreadsheet is easy....lol

So Mike, have you "tested" your oil yet? That spike in temps catches most of us unawares the first time, which explains the hovering. Lol!

Randy, thanks for the glass pan idea. I'll be incorporating that into my method. The fridge trick works for coconut oil mixes. Not so for olive oil, which requires separating through some other method. I'm liking the separator funnel idea myself and may purchase a set up next month.

Sue, Randy and others, first my apologies for being absent for a bit - busy, busy, busy (how did I ever find time to work!?)

Second, thanks to all who responded to my FHO questions. Here's a recap on the process:

- I used 100 g of FH and 150ml of EVOO (started with 125, but it was "dry" so added 25 ml more. Also added Sunflower Lecithin.
- reclaimed a little over 100ml of oil(s)
- tried the water bath method to extract the remaining oil and ended up with a pea-green/pea soup like mess! I played around with it but gave up trying to save any add. oil. (I think the separating funnel is the way to go!)

The "test". I made up three caps: .3 ml, .4 and .5. Took a .3 and felt nothing, so took the .4, four hours later. (Whenever I ingest cannabis - no matter the form, it always takes 3-4 hours to hit. I wait the 30 minute post eating as recommended. On an empty stomach, well, that's a whole other story!). The total of .7 ml was TO MUCH!

The next day I took a .5 cap - again, too much. I've settled on a .3 cap every four hours, or when I'm peaking from the previous cap. This oil was made from a Pink Diesel X Amnesia. Mostly Indica. My only complaint now that I have the dosage down is that by the end of the day I'm feeling pretty washed out. It reminds me of the old days when we'd drop some acid and by the end of the day we had to smoke some pot to ease the coming down. I suspect this is partly due to the strain and perhaps due to harvesting it a little late.

Yesterday I took some fresh-frozen Krystalica and Super Silver Haze (both Sativas) trim from a previous grow and made a batch of 36 hour low-n-slow oil with each. Will try one tomorrow and report back. I'm also harvesting a Rosetta Stone (S) tomorrow and if timing permits will make some FHO with it.

Question: what's everyone's opinion on the FHO method vs the 36-hour-low-n-slow methods? I like the latter as it is easier to do other things, but wonder if the efficacy compares to FHO?

Isn't this a great forum?:slide:

Sue, Randy and others, first my apologies for being absent for a bit - busy, busy, busy (how did I ever find time to work!?)

Second, thanks to all who responded to my FHO questions. Here's a recap on the process:

- I used 100 g of FH and 150ml of EVOO (started with 125, but it was "dry" so added 25 ml more. Also added Sunflower Lecithin.
- reclaimed a little over 100ml of oil(s)
- tried the water bath method to extract the remaining oil and ended up with a pea-green/pea soup like mess! I played around with it but gave up trying to save any add. oil. (I think the separating funnel is the way to go!)

The "test". I made up three caps: .3 ml, .4 and .5. Took a .3 and felt nothing, so took the .4, four hours later. (Whenever I ingest cannabis - no matter the form, it always takes 3-4 hours to hit. I wait the 30 minute post eating as recommended. On an empty stomach, well, that's a whole other story!). The total of .7 ml was TO MUCH!

The next day I took a .5 cap - again, too much. I've settled on a .3 cap every four hours, or when I'm peaking from the previous cap. This oil was made from a Pink Diesel X Amnesia. Mostly Indica. My only complaint now that I have the dosage down is that by the end of the day I'm feeling pretty washed out. It reminds me of the old days when we'd drop some acid and by the end of the day we had to smoke some pot to ease the coming down. I suspect this is partly due to the strain and perhaps due to harvesting it a little late.

Yesterday I took some fresh-frozen Krystalica and Super Silver Haze (both Sativas) trim from a previous grow and made a batch of 36 hour low-n-slow oil with each. Will try one tomorrow and report back. I'm also harvesting a Rosetta Stone (S) tomorrow and if timing permits will make some FHO with it.

Question: what's everyone's opinion on the FHO method vs the 36-hour-low-n-slow methods? I like the latter as it is easier to do other things, but wonder if the efficacy compares to FHO?

Isn't this a great forum?:slide:

We have a project started with pinning down decarb, and I'm hoping that'll include some testing for comparing the oils Mike. I like the 36-hr oil myself. If made with buds that were dried low and slo we should get an oil comparable to the FHO. This is really what everyone's hoping for, because it makes everything safer from a production standpoint.

You see how potent this oil is? The tired feeling....I know I had it during the first week or two until my system got used to the oil. I'd actually forgotten all about that, so thank you so much for mentioning it. :hug: Something we need to ask everyone about.

Anyone else recall this sensation of running so hard that it wears you out at by day's end?

I'm finding that there is a world of difference between Everclear extraction CO and the fresh harvest oil, and one of those differences is the fact that I get much more burnt out by days end on the CO, and much more foggy for longer period of time in the morning.

I've been going to work on between 5 and 7 drops of FHO and it is delightful. Such a clear clean effect with no loss of motivation or energy. I'm convinced this is due to the preserved terpenes.

Something thats quite interesting... since starting regular use of FHO, numerous times I have recognized a strong sense of well being. It's quite foreign to me. There has always been some level of self-imposed stress that hangs over me. At these times it's as though I feel this conscious awareness of a sense of well being, and it's like I immediately do this little search for that more familiar cloud of stress. I recognize that's what I'm doing and just smile and enjoy this new normal.

Hope that makes sense. I've described this to several friends and they just kinda look at me like, "ok Randy... whatever!" LOL

Do you suppose this is the synergy between the cannabinoids and terpenes that I just haven't experienced in the CO? That's the only conclusion I can come to.

I have yet to experience any uncomfortable cerebral effects from the FHO like I do when I take too much CO. I will be upping my dose to see at what point that line is crossed. But from what I've experienced thus far, I believe that with the FHO there is a much wider cushion between a therapeutic dose and a mind and body numbing stone, which makes it much safer for those sensitive to THCs psychoactivity.

I'll know soon enough if the terps are the real deal. I'm ordering organic, non-gmo, 100% plant derived terpenes and formulating oils based on the purported effects of the same. Added to CO, I'll test them to see if the effects more closely resemble the FHO. I'll then use the terp profiles to formulate oils targeting specific symptom sets. The goal is to treat psychological and emotional states of elderly patients while treating their health issues. Memory, mood instability, stress and anxiety are all factors in aging and important in the physical healing process. All sources seem to agree on the effects of the various terpenes. If they're correct, FHO just kicked open the door to harnessing even more of the amazing potential of this God-given plant!

I know exactly what you mean about the sense of wellbeing Randy. I've been waiting for someone else to articulate it. :laughtwo:

I believe it's the entourage effect like we haven't yet experienced. Traditional processing for CCO destroys all of the terpenes. Drying on the line does incredible damage to the terpene profile you had at harvest. All this time we simply accepted it as normal and went on. Now we know better, and knowing, can we look away?

I think not. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I personally went a day of one capsule every two hours. It was delicious, but I wasn't functional in the same way I normally am. Hahaha! I was still able to go out in public and interact without stress and I still wrote like a fiend, but no confusion or feeling of being unsafe and needing to stick close to home.

Think I'll give that another go and see how many I can take at one an hour before I have to stop. My brew was double strength, if you recall. I'll let you know how it goes. Oh look, coming up on the hour right now. How convienient.

I like the idea of food-grade terps. Work in very small increments.

Yeah..... That's what concerns me most when people start talking about terpenes added in. You'd need to be very careful with measurement, and have some real understanding of levels commonly found in cannabis. I don't know, in the end I keep thinking "Grow the right plant for the job at hand" but there are always circumstances we didn't foresee. Study hard, measure twice, cut once :cheesygrinsmiley: and work on the side of caution.

Stopping in to report. I took one capsule and an hour later took the second, but then I walked to the store, got back half an hour later than expected, went into the kitchen to get another capsule and ended up doing my hempy waterings instead. Lol! So I took the third one after another hour. Haha!

So I'm 3 capsules in over a span of 2.5 hrs. Whoa! I'm definately feeling it. What I'm attempting to do is find the point where I'm uncomfortably euphoric, but so far I'm not feeling anything other than so high I can't believe it. But it still feels good, so I haven't stopped ingesting yet.

We'll see after this one hits. I may need to do a reset by taking a couple days without. :laughtwo: I feel safe. That's notable here. I know I'm safe, that was never an issue. I tolerate euphoria well. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Have to say it, I love this oil. :circle-of-love:

Randoo,
I have not tried FHO yet but I can follow your thinking. One thought/caution would be to check the MSDS sheets for toxicity. Most terpenes found in cannabis are only found in trace amounts. Some are toxic in larger concentrations.

Agreed. Thanks Canyon! Having always been a one hit wonder, I'm a firm believer in the concept the less is often best! The manufacturer actually has pretty good guidelines so I'll TRY to stick to them... if I can hold down the non-conformist in me!!

Ok, so yesterday was too convoluted to do what I wanted to do, which was to see if I had an overdose point with this FHO. This morning I resolved to take one capsule an hour for 9 hours, or until I hit the point where I couldn't continue. What I was really looking for was the point where I began to get agitated or uncomfortable.

It never came. Ten capsules over nine hours and although every step feels like I'm bouncing, and I have to be careful with balance, I just feel wonderfully high. I don't think I've ever typed so quickly for such an extended time. Lol!

I'm impressed as I can be as the safety of dosing I have with the CBD Critical Cure. An excellent high made double-strength and apparently no problem with taking too much. That's good. None of my patients take this many capsules in a day, much less within 12 hours. :laughtwo:

Can't wait to get some tested.

Ok, so yesterday was too convoluted to do what I wanted to do, which was to see if I had an overdose point with this FHO. This morning I resolved to take one capsule an hour for 9 hours, or until I hit the point where I couldn't continue. What I was really looking for was the point where I began to get agitated or uncomfortable.

It never came. Ten capsules over nine hours and although every step feels like I'm bouncing, and I have to be careful with balance, I just feel wonderfully high. I don't think I've ever typed so quickly for such an extended time. Lol!

I'm impressed as I can be as the safety of dosing I have with the CBD Critical Cure. An excellent high made double-strength and apparently no problem with taking too much. That's good. None of my patients take this many capsules in a day, much less within 12 hours. :laughtwo:

Can't wait to get some tested.

This is wonderful news! I cannot wait for my harvest and to be able to make FHO.

Back
Top Bottom