Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

Ah....now this is a great group to hang out with

:passitleft:

^^^^^^. .

Excuse me for butting in, SuperSue. Correct me if I'm wrong, please

I think she means dry from fresh harvest can be put in the oil and the minimal amount of water won't be problem. It will evaporate into the atmosphere of the pressure cooker while exiting the mason jar.

You can use cured bud, but most here have been experimenting with freshly washed bud right off the plant. Several of us have been washing the buds with a three step process, and then hang to dry for no more than 4 hours.

I think she means dry from fresh harvest can be put in the oil and the minimal amount of water won't be problem. It will evaporate into the atmosphere of the pressure cooker while exiting the mason jar.

You can use cured bud, but most here have been experimenting with freshly washed bud right off the plant. Several of us have been washing the buds with a three step process, and then hang to dry for no more than 4 hours.
Oh my GOD....you called yer SuperSue

I knew it would rub off on her besties

I think a name change is in order ....lol

Oh my GOD....you called yer SuperSue

I knew it would rub off on her besties

I think a name change is in order ....lol

Can't you just see her new Avatar now?

420 Mag T shirt on, arms on hips, and a cape with a giant canna leaf fluttering in the wind

420 Mag T shirt on, arms on hips, and a cape with a giant canna leaf fluttering in the wind
Oh my God YES!!!!!!

THE UNDERDOG theme is playing in my head.....lol

I'd say it's pretty fitting with all she does around here!

I was leaning towards decarbing the fresh bud in quart jars in the pressure cooker then infusing into the organic evoo with the water bath method. You are implying to use the pressure cooker to decarb in oil?

Yes, but I was just reading Shiggity's instructions again that are in this post: Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

It looks like he decarbed the buds in a jar first. Then, he added the freshly decarbed buds to oil for the infusion process. I used the entirely fresh method but did have to go back and decarb a little more. So I need to dial in my process.

I would try the method outlined by Shiggity's post for a more fool proof way. I trust him if he says it works and was potent. :blushsmile:

Good luck!

I have fresh buds, when you say dry are you referring to cured bud or just some dry down of the fresh harvest?

Missed this one in the flurry Jerry. :laughtwo:

When I say "dry" I'm referring to buds that were dried and jarred. Fresh buds I try to refer to as "wet".

You can safely fill the jars with wet buds and place them in the pressure cooker. They'll simply break down and take up less space in the jars.

:rofl:

The name SweetSue actually chose me, and the same thing happened with that avatar. When the universe goes out of its way like that one doesn't mess with success. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I love that you call me SuperSue. Makes me giggle as much as when the guys took to calling me "Queen" when I won the first MOTY. :laughtwo:

I was leaning towards decarbing the fresh bud in quart jars in the pressure cooker then infusing into the organic evoo with the water bath method. You are implying to use the pressure cooker to decarb in oil?

Decarb in the pressure cooker, mix in the oil with an immersion blender to get everything all broken up nice and fine, and then infuse the oil in the water bath. The excess water in the plant cells will evaporate away before you're done.

Yes, but I was just reading Shiggity's instructions again that are in this post: Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

It looks like he decarbed the buds in a jar first. Then, he added the freshly decarbed buds to oil for the infusion process. I used the entirely fresh method but did have to go back and decarb a little more. So I need to dial in my process.

I would try the method outlined by Shiggity's post for a more fool proof way. I trust him if he says it works and was potent. :blushsmile:

Good luck!
Foolproof is definitely what I'm looking for. Thanks for all your help LA and SS.... Gonna get this party started, in a couple hrs I won't be heard from again for maybe a month.... Lol

Happy to help!

Come back and let us know how it went or if you have any questions. :blushsmile:

Foolproof is definitely what I'm looking for. Thanks for all your help LA and SS.... Gonna get this party started, in a couple hrs I won't be heard from again for maybe a month.... Lol

Hahaha! I know the feeling Jerry. Careful with licking the utensils. Lol!

Just checking back in. As it turns out, I didn't get a chance to get started yesterday, life's other emergencies happen. But it's decarbing right now, I'm excited. The house smells wonderful, hope no one pops in that doesn't like this aroma. Twenty minutes more till end of decarb. This is exciting, did I already say that.... Lol

Just checking back in. As it turns out, I didn't get a chance to get started yesterday, life's other emergencies happen. But it's decarbing right now, I'm excited. The house smells wonderful, hope no one pops in that doesn't like this aroma. Twenty minutes more till end of decarb. This is exciting, did I already say that.... Lol

Jumping up and down with excited anticipation over here Jerry. :yahoo:

Sheesh, got a couple drops on my finger while grinding and mixing with the oil, I was scared to taste it. I didn't want to wake up on the floor hours later, with my infused herb in the water bath with no water left and my oils burnt beyond recognition... How crazy is that?

Back
Top Bottom