Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

When I get this herb all strained and filtered would there be any reason not to rinse the material with some 190 proof Everclear to get the remaining goods out of it? I can boil it in water but am just wondering.....

Sheesh, got a couple drops on my finger while grinding and mixing with the oil, I was scared to taste it. I didn't want to wake up on the floor hours later, with my infused herb in the water bath with no water left and my oils burnt beyond recognition... How crazy is that? 

Not crazy at all. We put so much time and effort to get this far with fresh plant material. It's a little terrifying to think we'll nod off next to the finish line. :winkyface:

WOW - Ground control to Major Sue. :bravo:

Is she doing actual trials for us all, or what ! :thumb:

anyway I know this is off topic but I thought I would add it here as FHO is the reason I made a nice
moisturizing/medicinal body rub from my 2nd harvest.

I gave some to my sister who works for English Royal Nobility - no shit ! I have been to their massive estate
in the South of England.
I can`t really say who cos that`s not really fair but anyhow.
The old couple she works very closely with - (whom she has to address as `His Grace` and `Her Grace`
by the way) are getting on in years.
In conversation with a hospital nurse who visits His Grace, my sister mentioned the cream I had given her to
help with her dodgy shoulder.
Well the nurse commented how great the mix was and that unbeknown to most people that their hospital
does use cannabis infused oils as treatments to their patents. (who would`ve thunk here in the UK)
They are now rubbing our cream into his Grace`s legs.
Well I thought that was pretty cool.
Here is my recipe (the FHO is based on 275g fresh harvest with 400ml olive oil)

All 100% natural

5% coconut oil
55% sweet almond oil
3.7% apricot kernal carrier oil
6% beeswax
7.3% shea butter
15.1% cocoa butter
0.25% orange essential oil
6.9% FHO based on 29mg/ml (Please see previous posts)

Thanks for the recipe. I like the idea of using FHO.

Of course I had to see if I could figure out who. It was a short list to begin with, but with clues it got really short really fast. Definitely people with plenty of spare rooms to grow their own! Fun to imagine what my garden would look like.

Not crazy at all. We put so much time and effort to get this far with fresh plant material. It's a little terrifying to think we'll nod off next to the finish line. :winkyface:
Taste tested the infused oil from 150 grams of trim and sugar leaves. Hell yea I said. Just wiped a couple drops off the lid after shaking it. The fresh bud is going to kick my ass..... ☺️

Taste tested the infused oil from 150 grams of trim and sugar leaves. Hell yea I said. Just wiped a couple drops off the lid after shaking it. The fresh bud is going to kick my ass..... ☺️

And that Jerry, is why I work so relentlessly to get people to hear my impassioned plea to try it. This is the best oil I've come across that can be made in your kitchen. I really believe it may be an acceptable alternative to CCO.

Enjoy the fruits of your labors. :slide:

When I get this herb all strained and filtered would there be any reason not to rinse the material with some 190 proof Everclear to get the remaining goods out of it? I can boil it in water but am just wondering.....

The combination of olive oil and Everclear won't be as forgiving as you'd think. OldBear may have the best idea. He saves the mash and eats it in small doses.

I tried this with first batch and it turned into an awful mess. I got more wax and other stuff, and it's a lot harder to remove everclear from olive oil than from normal extraction. I haven't tried OldBear's idea of eating the mash, but that's probably the most practical way to get the last of the goodness from the herb.

I've got enough oil to last quite a while, I'll save the leftover material for another day, maybe ingest some, maybe use for a salve. I'll use it for anything I can. Thank you all for your input.

I've got enough oil to last quite a while, I'll save the leftover material for another day, maybe ingest some, maybe use for a salve. I'll use it for anything I can. Thank you all for your input.
:thumb: I have found freezing leftover mash works well. If left it to long in the fridge and it can go bad and get moldy :Namaste:

Thanks for the recipe. I like the idea of using FHO.
Of course I had to see if I could figure out who. It was a short list to begin with, but with clues it got really short really fast. Definitely people with plenty of spare rooms to grow their own! Fun to imagine what my garden would look like.

Hi mate, thanks for your post.
Haha that thought came up in conversation, There is soooooo much spare room we could grow a few acres and use their full time gardeners to do the chores, can you imagine how the crop would help them and their snooty friends.

Man we are all so blinded by societies `rules`

ps. look up owner of Goodwood
Duke of whatever.
You know I don`t mind leaving your wealth etc to your kids, but to pass on hereditary titles with all the splendor and without consequence gets on my tits.

Question about the decarb process with the pressure cooker method

I harvested my Blue Dream CBD and immediately washed the buds, then hung to dry for a little over 3 hours. I trimmed everything and put in large plastic bags in the fridge to be ready for FHO today.

Shiggity's Decarb method is what I chose, but I'm not convinced there isn't further decarbing to be done.
Decarboxylate RSO In Pressure Cooker

Buds were put in the mason jars and decarbed in the pressure cooker. The volume was about half when done, which is what I expected. The bud was blended into olive oil and put back into mason jars to sit in a water bath. And here is where I'm not sure about decarb...

The jars sat in a water bath for about an hour and a half, and during that time I would frequently stir. But there were no bubbles. I didn't expect any though, because I thought all the decarb happened in the dry mason jars. The oil was just supposed to get infused with the already decarbed bud, or so I thought. Then the heat in the kitchen got to me and I decided to put lids on the jars and put the top back on the pressure cooker for the last half hour. The jars came out and the oil has great big bubbles coming up. What?

The boiling point of olive oil is listed as 570 F. It can't be that the oil was boiling. So is further decarb happening that I need to let finish?

I harvested my Blue Dream CBD and immediately washed the buds, then hung to dry for a little over 3 hours. I trimmed everything and put in large plastic bags in the fridge to be ready for FHO today.

Shiggity's Decarb method is what I chose, but I'm not convinced there isn't further decarbing to be done.

Buds were put in the mason jars and decarbed in the pressure cooker. The volume was about half when done, which is what I expected. The bud was blended into olive oil and put back into mason jars to sit in a water bath. And here is where I'm not sure about decarb...

The jars sat in a water bath for about an hour and a half, and during that time I would frequently stir. But there were no bubbles. I didn't expect any though, because I thought all the decarb happened in the dry mason jars. The oil was just supposed to get infused with the already decarbed bud, or so I thought. Then the heat in the kitchen got to me and I decided to put lids on the jars and put the top back on the pressure cooker for the last half hour. The jars came out and the oil has great big bubbles coming up. What?

The boiling point of olive oil is listed as 570 F. It can't be that the oil was boiling. So is further decarb happening that I need to let finish?

Big bubbles are from water boiling. CO2 bubbles from decarb are very small, like the bubbles in really good champagne ( you know, that Moet & Chandon you keep in a pretty cabinet...)

Easy test for complete decarb: heat a portion of the finished and filtered oil on stove to 245F. If you don't see bubbles or only a very few you're done. If you see a lot of fine bubbles you can either heat the rest of the oil to finish decarb, or to protect the terpenes you can just store the jar next to your in the cabinet (next to the bottle of M&C) for a few months at room temp and it will finish decarbing naturally.

Big bubbles are from water boiling. CO2 bubbles from decarb are very small, like the bubbles in really good champagne ( you know, that Moet & Chandon you keep in a pretty cabinet...)

Oo la la. I love strawberries and dark chocolate with my champagne. :battingeyelashes:

Easy test for complete decarb: heat a portion of the finished and filtered oil on stove to 245F. If you don't see bubbles or only a very few you're done. If you see a lot of fine bubbles you can either heat the rest of the oil to finish decarb, or to protect the terpenes you can just store the jar next to your in the cabinet (next to the bottle of M&C) for a few months at room temp and it will finish decarbing naturally.

Thank you! It sounds like my FHO is probably done, but I'll check a small portion just to be sure. :hug:

Oo la la. I love strawberries and dark chocolate with my champagne. :battingeyelashes:

Thank you! It sounds like my FHO is probably done, but I'll check a small portion just to be sure. :hug:

I'm so excited for you. :yahoo: Your first batch of FHO. :high-five:

I'm with you on Strawberries and Dark Chocolate with Champagne.

I like champagne and chili after a night of heavy drinking.
It used to be a New Year's Day tradition until I stopped going out on New Year's Eve.

I'm with you on Strawberries and Dark Chocolate with Champagne.

I like champagne and chili after a night of heavy drinking.
It used to be a New Year's Day tradition until I stopped going out on New Year's Eve.

Champagne and chili? That's an odd combination. :laughtwo: My favorite bottle of champagne was one we started drinking at the bottom of Pike's Peak and finished halfway up the mountain. By the time we reached the top I was smashed and giggly as hell. :rofl:

Ahhhh....good times. Lol!

I did the exact same thing LA. All the research I've done says, once the cannabis is decarbed properly, which the pressure canner method does, the THCa is converted to THC. I still had bubbles in my jars during the water bath and shut down the heat, but know that decarb has all takin place in the previous process. The FHO I made would rival any in potency.....

I did the exact same thing LA. All the research I've done says, once the cannabis is decarbed properly, which the pressure canner method does, the THCa is converted to THC. I still had bubbles in my jars during the water bath and shut down the heat, but know that decarb has all takin place in the previous process. The FHO I made would rival any in potency.....

Amazing stuff, isn't it Jerry? I'm continually impressed with the therapeutic effects we get with our own FHO.

Any idea on using soy lecithin granuals. Can't get hold of sunflower liquid here easily

Try to make sure they're non-GMO. I believe the measurements are the same. You might want to add at the beginning of the infusion step instead of waiting until the end. That way it'll incorporate better.

Back
Top Bottom