Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

:woohoo: ween!! :slide: Wait until your GF tries it. Lol! Dose small. Really. It's more powerful than you think it'll be. She may decide to switch to oil.

And Arctic..... you're doing a run of FHO? How exciting. You'll be surprised at how delightful this oil is. Beyond the increased medicinal and euphoric values is the fact that the body appears to appreciate it more than other infused oils I've made.

Hugs while you're here.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hello Sue and the gang, please accept my apology as earlier I was running (briskly walking) through stores looking for liquid sunflower lecithin. I didn't mean to come off unappreciative. However what I'm wanting to say is hello and I hope you had a wonderful day. I myself has a good day and tomorrow will better!! I'll be on my way to search again in hopes I don't have to order it online. I plan to start a small batch tomorrow and another in a week or so when my two girls come down.

Well I hope everyone has a great week, by the way, if we haven't chatted before, I'm Seven, nice to meet ya.

Have a sweet nite Sue ..

I'm not a "boy named Sue" but I'm pretty sure when I researched lecithin that sunflower is ones best bet as far as being organic non-GMO and not chemically extracted. But my memory is for sure not my greatest strength... but I can wiggle my ears and cross my eyes at the same time!!... while chewing gum!... and walking! Hard to believe ainit?

I guess that makes a lot of sense, being able to walk at the same time, that sir... that's badass!!!!!! ..

Hello Sue and the gang, please accept my apology as earlier I was running (briskly walking) through stores looking for liquid sunflower lecithin. I didn't mean to come off unappreciative. However what I'm wanting to say is hello and I hope you had a wonderful day. I myself has a good day and tomorrow will better!! I'll be on my way to search again in hopes I don't have to order it online. I plan to start a small batch tomorrow and another in a week or so when my two girls come down.

Well I hope everyone has a great week, by the way, if we haven't chatted before, I'm Seven, nice to meet ya.

Have a sweet nite Sue ..

No offense taken Mag7. :hug: The importance of the LSL is in the components that make it up. You may need to order it online. You can prepare oil without it if you don't have it on hand yet and add it to the stored oil when it comes in at the rate of one tablespoon to every cup of carrier oil.

From my blog on biobombs:

SweetSue said:
Do not substitute powdered or granular lecithin for liquid.

Lecithin sold as a diet supplement generally comes in two forms. Dry lecithin is fatty acids known as phospholipids. Phospholipids are part of every cell in your body, so getting them in your diet seems critical. Liquid lecithin, or lecithin oil, has additional glycophospholipids that do not dry out into a powder.

A phospholipid has phosphate in its molecule.

A glycophospholipid is any phospholipid that contains both phosphate and carbohydrate as integral structural components.

No offense taken Mag7. :hug: The importance of the LSL is in the components that make it up. You may need to order it online. You can prepare oil without it if you don't have it on hand yet and add it to the stored oil when it comes in at the rate of one tablespoon to every cup of carrier oil.

From my blog on biobombs:

I see, I've placed an order, can't find it locally. Thank you again Sue!!

Hey has any body tried making this with avacado oil ... from what I've read it's a superior carrier oil and actually has way mire health benefits compared to EVOO ?

So I just figured out that the pressure cooker temp was in the range of 190-200 on normal mode. It cooked for 2 hours. It was boiling pretty good when the top was off. Do you think that will be ok or should I double boiler in oil bath? My GF took 2ml yesterday (against my advice, I said take 1 now and the rest later)) and got a good buzz but was not as wasted as I expected. She is a heavy user though.

The pressure cooker I have seems to only go up to a range of 200-210 on the "more" mode. Will that be ok or should I return and get another?

Edit to add that sunflower lecithin has already been added, would that affect the process of decarbing again using the double boiler method?

So I just figured out that the pressure cooker temp was in the range of 190-200 on normal mode. It cooked for 2 hours. It was boiling pretty good when the top was off. Do you think that will be ok or should I double boiler in oil bath? My GF took 2ml yesterday (against my advice, I said take 1 now and the rest later)) and got a good buzz but was not as wasted as I expected. She is a heavy user though.

The pressure cooker I have seems to only go up to a range of 200-210 on the "more" mode. Will that be ok or should I return and get another?

Edit to add that sunflower lecithin has already been added, would that affect the process of decarbing again using the double boiler method?

The lecithin won't interfere, but be cautious to make the container deep enough that it won't overflow if you get any foaming.

At those temperatures you probably aren't fully decarbed. I'd suggest the oil bath to make certain it's all converted.

One specific difference I'm finding between CCO and FHO of the same strain is that FHO is more stimulating. I was using White Widow cco capsules as my bedtime dose to help me sleep. They don't make me sleepy but give me much more restful sleep. I ran out of those and tried FHO (made from clones of plants that I made CCO from). FHO kept me awake almost all night. Very relaxed, peaceful, content and even restful, but not asleep until about an hour before time to get up. I've tried it a few times with same result. I'm not drifting in and out of sleep like I sometimes do when I don't take bedtime dose. I was definitely awake until about 5 am, but I woke up feeling rested (and a little tingly, this stuff also seems to last longer than CCO.) [edit: to clarify, I use suppositories.]

Here's the other piece. Ever since I started using cannabis I've been trying to find a strain to replace adderol. I've tried vaping microdoses of several sativas (Green Crack, Cinex, Jack Herer, all the top strains recommended on Leafly and other sites for ADD) and some CBD strains. I also used some as CCO capsules. None worked as well as I need them to without other effects making it hard to work. FHO capsules have made it so I barely notice when I forget my adderol (which happens a lot.) When I use CCO capsules I definitely notice if I didn't take adderol. Still working out the dosing but getting close to dumping another pharmaceutical drug and doctor.

I know this may be a dumb question but what is CCO stand for again, I forget. Is it cannabis concentrate oil?

Sue, I also wonder, when you're heating, do you set the Dutch over up with the canola oil level over or under the lids in your pan?

One specific difference I'm finding between CCO and FHO of the same strain is that FHO is more stimulating. I was using White Widow cco capsules as my bedtime dose to help me sleep. They don't make me sleepy but give me much more restful sleep. I ran out of those and tried FHO (made from clones of plants that I made CCO from). FHO kept me awake almost all night. Very relaxed, peaceful, content and even restful, but not asleep until about an hour before time to get up. I've tried it a few times with same result. I'm not drifting in and out of sleep like I sometimes do when I don't take bedtime dose. I was definitely awake until about 5 am, but I woke up feeling rested (and a little tingly, this stuff also seems to last longer than CCO.) [edit: to clarify, I use suppositories.]

Here's the other piece. Ever since I started using cannabis I've been trying to find a strain to replace adderol. I've tried vaping microdoses of several sativas (Green Crack, Cinex, Jack Herer, all the top strains recommended on Leafly and other sites for ADD) and some CBD strains. I also used some as CCO capsules. None worked as well as I need them to without other effects making it hard to work. FHO capsules have made it so I barely notice when I forget my adderol (which happens a lot.) When I use CCO capsules I definitely notice if I didn't take adderol. Still working out the dosing but getting close to dumping another pharmaceutical drug and doctor.

Well this was an exciting and interesting read KR. Canyon and Kicknitup1 will have test results back any day on the FHO they made last week. Hopefully that'll give us some insight into what's going on. I have such a strong preference for it myself. It just feels better all around. I do all of mine in capsules or brownies.

I'm hoping one of the drying techniques we're playing around with will do the same and we can make a slow infused oil instead to increase our options. I know the low and slow retains the terpenes and flavonoids, but what about the chlorophyll? That might turn out to be an important part of what's going on.

It's such a complex plant. At this point I consider the FHO the best process for medicinal use I've used.

Have you seen the rise in home extraction machines? Sooner or later it's going to be commonplace that people make their own CCO, and here we are finding out that this infused oil may well be the better choice. Lol!

Mag7, CCO stands for Concentrated Cannabis Oil. On site it was decided to be distinctive from RSO. Problems with their extraction method at the time. The decision was made to call the end result exactly what it is, the concentrated essential oil of the cannabis plant - concentrated cannabis oil, or CCO.

Makes more sense to me, but I'm one of those people that doesn't care who gets the credit. Just get the information out there where it's useful to the public. Without cost, if at all possible.

I know this may be a dumb question but what is CCO stand for again, I forget. Is it cannabis concentrate oil?

Sue, I also wonder, when you're heating, do you set the Dutch over up with the canola oil level over or under the lids in your pan?

I place the stock pot on spacers to keep it off the bottom of the Dutch oven and fill the Dutch oven with enough oil to be at the level of the mash I'm cooking up in the stock pot. I don't use jars for this step. I blend the plant material and olive oil together in the stock pot and cook it in that hot oil bath on top of the stove, hovering for a good two hours or more.

Good times. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm confused then on what's going on. Is there no oil in the pan in the bottom pan "Dutch oven" or is it just the heat coming off the pan and the lids keep the pot off the pan?

Edit: ok, I see there's oil but I'm confused on how much. You said enough to cover the mash in the such over. So that's what confuses me

I'm confused then on what's going on. Is there no oil in the pan in the bottom pan "Dutch oven" or is it just the heat coming off the pan and the lids keep the pot off the pan?

Edit: ok, I see there's oil but I'm confused on how much. You said enough to cover the mash in the such over. So that's what confuses me

The oil in the Dutch oven should be high enough up the sides of the inner pot that it heats it evenly but not so high that the inner pot floats. My oil baths are about 1/2 inch up the side of the inner pot.

The oil for infusion in the inner pot should just cover the herb and no more. As it cooks the herb will soften, break down and sink down below surface. I start with little bits of herb just breaking the surface to get maximum oil to herb ratio for higher potency. It almost has a pesto consistency which makes retrieving the infused oil a bit of a challenge. You can always use more oil to make it easier to work with. It will still be plenty potent. Psycro developed the method using twice as much oil as Sue and I do and his was potent enough to inspire a whole movement.

Sorry Mag7, I could have made that clearer, and KR kindly stepped in behind me and cleaned up my inarticulate mess. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you KR. :hug:

As he said, you want enough oil so that the oil level in the Dutch oven is deep enough that the mash inside the pot is settled into it, making the heat transfer into the medicinal oil, but not so deep that the stock pot lifts off those risers.

The amount of oil you'll use will be determined by the amount of mash you have in the pot and the depth of your exterior pot.

When I blend my plant material with that small amount of olive oil I use I try not to add any more than the amount called for. It makes a very thick mash, and you never think it's enough oil, but it is. The cells break down and release the water and the trichomes release their oils and you end up with more than it appears you'd have when you started.

My first batch I added more to consol myself that there'd be enough. That was the last time I added extra. Since then I mash it up and go. Just like I'll be doing this morning. :slide:

IMG_065147.JPG

IMG_065558.JPG

IMG_0661.PNG

The oil in the Dutch oven should be high enough up the sides of the inner pot that it heats it evenly but not so high that the inner pot floats. My oil baths are about 1/2 inch up the side of the inner pot.

The oil for infusion in the inner pot should just cover the herb and no more. As it cooks the herb will soften, break down and sink down below surface. I start with little bits of herb just breaking the surface to get maximum oil to herb ratio for higher potency. It almost has a pesto consistency which makes retrieving the infused oil a bit of a challenge. You can always use more oil to make it easier to work with. It will still be plenty potent. Psycro developed the method using twice as much oil as Sue and I do and his was potent enough to inspire a whole movement.

Sorry Mag7, I could have made that clearer, and KR kindly stepped in behind me and cleaned up my inarticulate mess. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you KR. :hug:

As he said, you want enough oil so that the oil level in the Dutch oven is deep enough that the mash inside the pot is settled into it, making the heat transfer into the medicinal oil, but not so deep that the stock pot lifts off those risers.

The amount of oil you'll use will be determined by the amount of mash you have in the pot and the depth of your exterior pot.

When I blend my plant material with that small amount of olive oil I use I try not to add any more than the amount called for. It makes a very thick mash, and you never think it's enough oil, but it is. The cells break down and release the water and the trichomes release their oils and you end up with more than it appears you'd have when you started.

My first batch I added more to consol myself that there'd be enough. That was the last time I added extra. Since then I mash it up and go. Just like I'll be doing this morning. :slide:

IMG_065147.JPG

IMG_065558.JPG

IMG_0661.PNG

Thank you both for the clarification. Pretty sure I ruin a batch last night as it still has not kicked it. It was on for plenty of time just maybe had some temp spikes. Very disheartening but I will live and learn.

I have new batch on now. Taking lots of time on low to get to temp ... being patient as it now starts to bubble after 40 min. 436g to about less than a liter of EVOO. The levels are just as you have both described. Cannabis to mash is level and oil to pan is level. Good to go today. Yesterday not so much, not enough oil in the pan.
But it's all good. Anyhow, the only issue I have is I've Ben here 2.5 hours and the oil bath has not got to temp on low. The water has boiled off but I don't think I'm getting decaryboxylation or am I just at low temps of around 190. I want to turn it but I don't want a spike in temps. What would suggest? This may be a bit time sensitive so any suggestions would certainly help in sure. Yesterday was to long and I don't want to go that route again lol

Edit: the time has come lol sorry it took so long.

Before

420-magazine-mobile1634341430.jpg

Near the end ish

420-magazine-mobile1813095861.jpg

Back
Top Bottom