From Seed to Smoke - RQS Blue Mystic & OG Kush - DWC scrog

Funny, I haven't had that problem for the last four MOTM contests. ;) ;)

;)

Hey! welcome back skybound! Man, I feel for you as last year represented one of the toughest years of my life primarily complicated by a dynamic work environment. As a result, I withdrew from almost every extracurricular aspect of my life. I didn't golf, didn't go fishing, didn't go flying...nothing. It wasn't depression either. I simply needed to restructure some things and reset priorities. Thankfully, things started coming back together late in the year and now it's on the upturn. I hope things are working out for you bro.

Hey stealth, it's been a long time I know, but a job pretty much shut my life down and had to do what I had to do. I skipped through what I had missed and am trying to get current with the journals I was following but that's coming along slow. Anyways, I am happy you have some OG Kush on the burner as that's what I'm trying to plan to grow, already have the beans and much more equipment than my last grow, just gotta prepare the new space I have to work with on a thin budget so it will take some time yet. I'm looking forward to your OG grow and know I will be able to learn from her grow characteristics which should give me a leg up when I drop my beans. Question, is your OG from Dinafem?

Hi Sky, glad to hear from you. No worries about not being around in the journals, life is busy man.;)
Went to visit the OG last night and she's looking great. She seems to be making up for lost time cause the bud sides are looking awesome now. I got the OG Kush seeds from Royal Queen Seeds.

High stealth
I was reading up as much as I could which isnt so much BUT mate I saw the Blue an :passitleft: she looked so sweet,,,with the Bue hue that you had what can I say apart from the REPS are yours pal Great grow :circle-of-love:

Thanks so much Jaga, I'm very happy with the results from the blue mystic, although I still haven't smoked any yet. She's still curing for another 2-3 weeks.
Green vibes your way buddy.;)

Hey thanks GovtChz, I too am restructuring and re-prioritizing which should equate to a very boring summer, but hopefully my coming autumn has similar luck to your previous. SG, the OG was recommended to me as a very easy to work with strain that produces great and of premium quality so I made the purchase. I hope the RQS OG Kush has same characteristics as Dinafem's. Herbies sent me a few RQ beans as they felt bad that I botched all of my previously purchased beans, so can't wait to give those a whirl as well. Best of luck brother man!

Hi everyone.
Friday night update time.;)
Day 35 of flower
I changed out the reservoir for the OG Kush tonight. Things are looking nice, buds are starting to grow, trichomes and sugar leaves are starting also.

OG Kush Stats
PPM= 770
PH= 6.1
Air Temp= 72F
Water Temp= 68F
RH= 38%

IMG_0004121.JPG

IMG_0005128.JPG

IMG_0006113.JPG

IMG_001669.JPG

IMG_001091.JPG

IMG_001473.JPG

IMG_001273.JPG

IMG_001375.JPG

IMG_000799.JPG

IMG_001581.JPG

IMG_002459.JPG

Here's what I've setup for the second closet. I used some daisy chain cables to lengthen the reach of the T5 side lights. I weaved the lights into the scrog net to keep the light in the right direction. I'm going to veg the plants under these lights to see what kind of results I get. I've said it before but I find these LED's aren't the best to veg with. The LED's promote really tight node spacing, which makes it harder to train the plants the way I've wanted. Just trying something new. ;)

IMG_001775.JPG

The two plants on the right are Critical, and the plant on the left is another OG Kush seedling to replace my last clone I accidentally killed.;)
IMG_001881.JPG

The middle plant (Critical) really stretched in the last 2 days.
IMG_002266.JPG

IMG_002076.JPG

That's all for another week, I hope you all have a great weekend. ;)

Stealth, so sweet. BTW just what is the perfect height you think you have here? I am really impressed. If things go well here on FL this November, I'll be seeking a treatment center license. I have much to learn. +reps

Stealth, so sweet. BTW just what is the perfect height you think you have here? I am really impressed. If things go well here on FL this November, I'll be seeking a treatment center license. I have much to learn. +reps

Thanks guys for the compliments.;)

@mmjCare.
Thanks for the compliments and reps.;)
I find a good height to start your LED lights at is about 2ft or 24inches from the plants. When the plants are young they are a little light sensitive, and really intense light can cause leaf curling. I start the light 2ft away and keep it at that height until I can't raise the light anymore. Once the light is as high as it can go, I let the plants grow into the light, supercropping when needed so they don't actually touch the light and get burnt. As the plants grow, they get accustomed to the light and can handle the intensity.

If you start a journal when your legal, send me a message, I'd be glad to help out any way I can.
Good luck. ;)

how far away from the fluorescent did the sprouts place themselves?

The screen is 12 inches from the top of the reservoir container, so I would imagine the plants are between 4 to 8 inches from the T5 light depending on the seedling.;)

Great. Will do. If space wasn't an issue in terms of height, would you plant closer and Veg for a short period and send to flower quicker? I was curious as Ed R. Talks about a 4' x 8' table with 32 plants. In this scenario, you would start quicker and get a faster rotation you were seeking. I figure I'll have about 1100 sq ft to work with to start with the prospect of picking up about another 5000 sq ft later as we 'grow' - pun intended. Appreciate the input.

Great. Will do. If space wasn't an issue in terms of height, would you plant closer and Veg for a short period and send to flower quicker? I was curious as Ed R. Talks about a 4' x 8' table with 32 plants. In this scenario, you would start quicker and get a faster rotation you were seeking. I figure I'll have about 1100 sq ft to work with to start with the prospect of picking up about another 5000 sq ft later as we 'grow' - pun intended. Appreciate the input.

Now your getting into SOG vs. SCROG (Sea of Green vs. Screen of Green).
Both methods are proven to work, I grow scrog style due to my space restrictions, and keeping the number of plants I have low. Only 1 or 2 plants also helps me maintain the grow conditions in my closets (Humidity, Air temps etc...)
If you have a lot of space then you could grow SOG style and have great yields.

There is another 420 member named Dyold who has a large space and a lot of plants. Here is a link to his first journal, check it out, I'm sure you'll find it very helpful.;)

link to journal......Dyold's Grow 1

The screen is 12 inches from the top of the reservoir container, so I would imagine the plants are between 4 to 8 inches from the T5 light depending on the seedling.;)

they should stop stretching at some point. can you please measure the distance from the sprouts to the light when they do this?

thanks so much. with my cfls and me moving them so much it's hard to keep track. your light and plants are setup better to see how close they like to be to fluro light :thanks:

Hi everyone.
Friday night update time.;)
Day 35 of flower
I changed out the reservoir for the OG Kush tonight. Things are looking nice, buds are starting to grow, trichomes and sugar leaves are starting also.

OG Kush Stats
PPM= 770
PH= 6.1
Air Temp= 72F
Water Temp= 68F
RH= 38%

IMG_0004121.JPG

IMG_0005128.JPG

IMG_0006113.JPG

IMG_001669.JPG

IMG_001091.JPG

IMG_001473.JPG

IMG_001273.JPG

IMG_001375.JPG

IMG_000799.JPG

IMG_001581.JPG

IMG_002459.JPG

Here's what I've setup for the second closet. I used some daisy chain cables to lengthen the reach of the T5 side lights. I weaved the lights into the scrog net to keep the light in the right direction. I'm going to veg the plants under these lights to see what kind of results I get. I've said it before but I find these LED's aren't the best to veg with. The LED's promote really tight node spacing, which makes it harder to train the plants the way I've wanted. Just trying something new. ;)

IMG_001775.JPG

The two plants on the right are Critical, and the plant on the left is another OG Kush seedling to replace my last clone I accidentally killed.;)
IMG_001881.JPG

The middle plant (Critical) really stretched in the last 2 days.
IMG_002266.JPG

IMG_002076.JPG

That's all for another week, I hope you all have a great weekend. ;)

bump
Looking good Stealth :thumb:

Hi Koncept, don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the results. I was just hoping for over 200, and thought I made it cause of the nice cola's the plant produced, which the previous grow didn't. The White Widow just put out a lot of golf ball sized nugs, no big tower cola's.

I kinda wanted to hit that golden number 1gpw, but I didn't take into account the light footprint for my light is 3x4 but my closet is only 2x3. The space in the closet limits my yields

I hear that, my light is way to big for my space....could have gone half the size and it would still be too much. 400w would produce in my small space... But I thought "why the hell not"

Pictures looking amazing as per usual and you got everything dialed in...as per usual!

MMJ.,

Welcome.... I just left Orlando but also interested in a TCL. Is there any info on how to obtain yet. My son is keeping me posted and as soon as it goes over I'll be going back. PM me if you can.

Back
Top Bottom