Full spectrum vs blue for vegetative growth

I suspect the reason that you get more growth when you use full spectrum on vegetative plants is not because of the added red light but more because of the increased light output (turning the flower switch on is going to usually double your light output from blue only). Someone would have to do a test to see if this is true or not.

Both on. More total light and it won't be "too red" so added spectrum helps on a cellular level than just blue by itself. You just want to be blue heavy on veg. Speaking in very gross terms here. So with that style of light turn everything on and move it away if necessary.

I'll let you know if i burn them LMAO
the one wall of my room is just a partition that i'll move back as the plants grow and eventually get rid of. i have about 8x6 space to finish in. I think i have too many plants for the space I'll need ( 12 ). Just afraid to start budding too soon, and i'm also not quite set up to take clones yet.

was thinking the second grow would be 9 inch clones and as soon as they are rooted and re vegged put them under 12/12 right away.

Didn't burn them lol

What's your reason to finish with blue? I haven't heard this before and am curious.

My reasoning is to imitate what hempy does (with equipment I have) and others have found works... I dont have mh so i use led blue and white instead... more for longer flowering strains, as you can see in timing... Its common for growers to move their SATs out of the bright spot in grow area, stop from burning up. Its kinda Imitating seasons with what we have..Hot summer sun is when plant initiates flowering, cooler Sun is what it's going to finish under. Very basic and unscientific..

Back
Top Bottom