Targeted Full Spectrum LED

Hap Hazard

420 Member
Anyone switched from standard Full Spectrum LED to a Targeted Full Spectrum LED?

Looks like the wave of the future but would love to hear from anyone who has used this or another w/targeted spectrum. Above mentioned has two separate controllers - one for the blue and one for the red making it possible for optimum levels from seed to harvest. Saving up💰 as this will possibly be my near future upgrade.
Thx kindly for any helpful input ✌ Hap

91419E90-3479-4C28-BD6D-0D4E4B4DE871.jpeg

A4090B1E-E8CF-4B6F-B417-714160DB9EDC.jpeg

looks like old tech gussied up for new sales. it's just color mixing. we do it all day long on standard show light boards. it's just a simpler dumber version.

i'd have to see the rig to make a final call. kind is not disclosing the chips they use which is a major red flag. most color mixing chips are not of the quality we use for growing, and are a bit of an older tech. the new gen emitters don't work the same.

when building my own rigs i target spectrum specifically through the emitters chosen. full-spec rigs are a misnomer really, they can only deliver what the kelvin rating is on the chip. you can increase or decrease the intensity through dimming, but you aren't actually adding more or subtracting any in actual fact.

all said it doesn't look like a bad rig. i'm not impressed with the missing spec info, that is done deliberate, and is enough to make me pass at that price. i don't see the rig having a huge advantage.

looks like old tech gussied up for new sales. it's just color mixing. we do it all day long on standard show light boards. it's just a simpler dumber version.

i'd have to see the rig to make a final call. kind is not disclosing the chips they use which is a major red flag. most color mixing chips are not of the quality we use for growing, and are a bit of an older tech. the new gen emitters don't work the same.

when building my own rigs i target spectrum specifically through the emitters chosen. full-spec rigs are a misnomer really, they can only deliver what the kelvin rating is on the chip. you can increase or decrease the intensity through dimming, but you aren't actually adding more or subtracting any in actual fact.

all said it doesn't look like a bad rig. i'm not impressed with the missing spec info, that is done deliberate, and is enough to make me pass at that price. i don't see the rig having a huge advantage.
Thx kindly @bluter
Good info.
I’m looking to upgrade to a optimum quality LED that’ll take my 5x5 space from seed to harvest. There is an ocean of brands out there for sure. Could you possibly point me in a direction that’ll get me there?

Thx kindly @bluter
Good info.
I’m looking to upgrade to a optimum quality LED that’ll take my 5x5 space from seed to harvest. There is an ocean of brands out there for sure. Could you possibly point me in a direction that’ll get me there?

since you're a member here look at strip style rigs in similar wattage from one of our sponsors. both mars hydro and viparspectra have good examples.

i'm thinking you can probably do as well or better than that $1300 price. make sure you go through the board and let them know for a board member discount. do a little cross-shopping against that kind light.

are you only using one tent ? i run 2 spaces. a 3x3 veg area with a 200w rig and a 4x4 flower room running 400w. jumping up from veg to flower is a good idea if you can swing it. most guys running one rig leave stuff on the table as far as potency and weight.

both my veg and flower rigs are running a mix of 3500 and 3000k emitters. it's a flower bias. i could do a touch better if i ran 3500 and 4000k in veg, but it doesn't hurt me all that much.

Anyone switched from standard Full Spectrum LED to a Targeted Full Spectrum LED? Example- like the X750 Targeted Full Spectrum LED Grow Light by
kindledgrowlights.com
Looks like the wave of the future but would love to hear from anyone who has used this or another w/targeted spectrum. Above mentioned has two separate controllers - one for the blue and one for the red making it possible for optimum levels from seed to harvest. Saving up💰 as this will possibly be my near future upgrade.
Thx kindly for any helpful input ✌ Hap
That could be a looong discussion! :)

Before that, though, allow me to ask - why do you say this "one for the blue and one for the red making it possible for optimum levels from seed to harvest."?

Also, how long have you been growing cannabis and what is your grow environment like?

That could be a looong discussion!

never ending.

i actually don't believe in full spec lights. technically my rigs are full spec even though both are a 3000k/3500k mix of cobs. it's a flower bias.

emitters can only do what their kelvin rating is. the only thing a full spec light has a is a bunch of different emitters at different k. if you put the same k emitters on each dimmer you have the same bag of snake oil marketing we have here.

Before that, though, allow me to ask - why do you say this "one for the blue and one for the red making it possible for optimum levels from seed to harvest."?

see snake oil above.

not saying it can't have a difference. but the delivery of each k can only amount to the number of each k emitter provided ... the rig can't magically create more. so i take those graphs with a grain of salt, and a massive hoot, maybe a scotch .. and i still don't see it.

honestly i think they are measuring against themselves .. ask your girlfriend how that works out

Also, how long have you been growing cannabis and what is your grow environment like?

this is where the truth is.

That could be a looong discussion! :)

@Delps8 that statement was based off the first pic w/the two kind controllers to use blue or red or blend both etc.
I grew indoors (small scene) in NorCal from mid 90s to about ‘06 w/mh then hps for flower. Moved to midwest, later gave up growing as I got my tit in the ringer w/the law.
Our state is legal now so started outside back last yr. This summer G13’s & Fat Bastard’s are enjoying the ☀️.
Got a small room in basement outfitted and grow space in there will be 5x5. Now just need the best light for the job. I have been considering the ViparSpectra KS5000 500W. Price tag is reasonable too. Thx kindly for chiming in m. ✌️

@Delps8 that statement was based off the first pic w/the two kind controllers to use blue or red or blend both etc.
I grew indoors (small scene) in NorCal from mid 90s to about ‘06 w/mh then hps for flower. Moved to midwest, later gave up growing as I got my tit in the ringer w/the law.
Our state is legal now so started outside back last yr. This summer G13’s & Fat Bastard’s are enjoying the ☀️.
Got a small room in basement outfitted and grow space in there will be 5x5. Now just need the best light for the job. I have been considering the ViparSpectra KS5000 500W. Price tag is reasonable too. Thx kindly for chiming in m. ✌️
@Delps8
Forgot to add that I have a separate space for seed starting. I also grow organically. Using Big Rootz by Soil King this yr. and have GeoFlora on hand too.

Thanks for the info. It helps me understand where you've coming from re. buying a light ("know your audience").

A light with a tunable spectrum is the wave of the future. Research indicates that cannabis yields are optimized using different spectra at different stages of the grow cycle and decades of MH + HPS have affirmed that. White LED's dominate the market but that's primarily a cost issue. As technology advances, the price of a tunable light will continue to drop and white LED's will lose marketshare. I don't see white LED's going away completely for some time but tunable lights will be a bigger and bigger part of the market.

If you're using a 5' space, the Kind and that Vipar are too small because they're both designed for 4' x 4' spaces.

Cultiuana, a sponsor here, has a light that will fit your space, it's tunable, has good specs, has significantly higher PPFD than the Kind, and is well within your price range. I'd say go with that.

Thanks for the info. It helps me understand where you've coming from re. buying a light ("know your audience").

A light with a tunable spectrum is the wave of the future.

we started with tunable lights. the burples were tunabale. they did it the same way then as is done now.

the emitters we have now are all white light kelvin, that was the advancement. you can't change the kelvin on an emitter.

the emitters haven't changed. it's just separate dimming, that's all. there's no such thing as an emitter that can change k. there's no great breakthrough here.

Back
Top Bottom