G13 X Skunk #1 Soil/CFL's 1st Timer

Allrighty, today is day 48 of 12/12, tomorrow will be 7 weeks. They've had their last meal, let's see how they do down the home stretch.

DSCF7103.JPG

DSCF71072.JPG

Well, I thought I something yesterday, but today I'm sure of it........frickin' nanners!

DSCF7114.JPG
DSCF71191.JPG

So it's just the one freak plant. I knew I didn't like that plant. And I'm 8 weeks into flower as of tomorrow. The trichomes are only about 15-20% cloudy from what I can tell.

So what do I do, just try to pick off the nanners and limp her along for another week. Or just put her in a dark closet for a couple days and chop her. If she pollinates the others, I know I'm not gonna have to worry about seed at this point, but it could make a difference in yield. I'm kinda leaning on just choppin' and being done with it. Then, I can let the other two go without worrying about it.

Any input welcome, thanks guys.

Hey mate, sorry to hear mate, its sickening isnt it? Just happened to mine as well but mine is earlier so may be worse.

With yours if I was you being that late in flower, i'd do what you say and pull them off and get it in a dark area away from your others until finish. Bastard tranny plant, hate em, they ruin half the fun.

Did yours have any male pre-flowers anywhere on the stem earlier in flower like mine?

Hey mate, sorry to hear mate, its sickening isnt it? Just happened to mine as well but mine is earlier so may be worse.

With yours if I was you being that late in flower, i'd do what you say and pull them off and get it in a dark area away from your others until finish. Bastard tranny plant, hate em, they ruin half the fun.

Did yours have any male pre-flowers anywhere on the stem earlier in flower like mine?

No, no balls just the nanners and they literally just popped up in the last 48 hours.

So, I got out the tweezers and picked off what I could and I guess I'm just gonna stick old Pat in a separate closet and put her in front of a window through the day for a couple of days and then just let it sit in the dark for 2-3 days to limp it through another week. Maybe I'll flush it real good tomorrow just to make sure I get all the nutes out of the soil. Should have enough time to dry out if I do that. Oh well, I figured I wasn't gonna get out of this grow without something going wrong. Overall, probably not that big of a deal. I think I'll probably still pull close to an ounce of good bud of it in the end.

Yeah mine came on the one with the heaviest defoil and a lot of peoples at the min are going hermi and a lot of people defoil. I said it before and i'l say it again. There a fine line in defoil and trimming. It obviously stresses them out quite a bit. Enough to protect themselves to the point they are thinking they are going to die so they ensure there reproduction themselves.

Maybe light trimming with a mix of LSTin in there and not cramming too many into a space so that they need defoil is a good idea. I started out with 6 , now have 5 but one going hermi. I only wanted 4 at the beginning but added an extra 2 just in case of troubles as one was a runt. so mine is working the way I want.

My point is , I had to defoil to make room for six during late veg and now it seems 3 LST'nd would of fit much better. I have a mate who used to grow 6 and did 3 big ones instead one time, no defoil or LST just supper cropped them 2 weeks into flower and got more off that harvest than any other he has ever done. Just something to think about.

I have also noticed on my defoiled branches that the buds down the stem on the nodes where leaves have been taken that them buds aren't half as devoloped as the ones next to the with the leaves still on. Sure the tops are great with more light but this defoil this year , IMO has been taken too far.

I started a thread on it called "is defoil just a little too much sometimes" somewhere or something along them lines.

Yeah, I was already planning on going down to two plant in three gallon smart pots next go round. Really, the only reason I did three this go round is because I wanted to see which one had the best genetics. Fortunately, I already have two vegging and ready to go once these girls are all flowered. Definately planning on doing more LST and less trimming next go round. Although, I have FIM'd both of my girls in veg, and that actually seemed to work pretty well. One of em' seems to have gotten 3 tops from one FIM. Also seems to have slowed the vertical growth and speed up the side shoots a bit, so I'm happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom