G13xHaze-Fem ScrOG

it should be safe for you to trim say the lower third of the plant, the stems that tend to be less productive bud producers. doin this will help the others help replace the little bit of canopy that may disappear after your done trimming. Hopefully this gives you a better idea of how much is safe to remove. If you're still unsure about shocking them, just take the first 4 branches from the bottom, wait a week, and if everything is looking good finish up the remaining lower third... hope this helps you bro:grinjoint:

come check out my grows to see my fancy ladies....

OK thx guys, yea I trimmed like 2-3 branches per plant, that werent gonna make it to the screen. There are a few more but ill wait a few days before I cut more. Now, would you guys only advise cutting not wanted branches? Or cutting fan leaves too? The ones that just get in the way or are withering?

Heres the screen with the lights off, its DAY 9 of Flower. I put the trimmings in cups with rooting solution. I don't know if that will work but I don't have any cloning solution so we will see if it works.
101_0529.JPG

101_0530.JPG

thanks sisco, you think humboldt roots, will suffice instead of a cloning solution? Otherwise I may have to go out and buy some....

lol thx anyway i'll call the hydro shop... either way, I didnt plan on cloning them. One thing I have noticed in the two days I have had the HPS is that the plants;brances and stems are getting harder. The girls are still stretching, and theres going to be some major clusterfucks when this is all said and done. I have my fingers crossed...

Fan leaves on a scrog really don't help much so on my first scrog I removed all of them that came out from under the screen, it makes it easier to get light to lower buds and air circulation and it's not too hard to see where the stems go from the top, I'll get a link to scrog page.

but wouldnt that be too much stress? Trimming the lower branches and some fan leaves. I know not all at the same time but, Im just lookin out for my babies. I don't want to shock them more than they have to be lol. Like what Dez or Pit said, I think I'm good to trim up until 3-4 weeks into flowering, small amounts every week or so. We'll see, they just got their first full feeding of flower nutrients, the PH was a lil high but I'll adjust it next time.

good info, thx man. I got a good idea from that article..... hehehe you guys will have to wait and find out. I'll make it within a few days.

You got some great advise. Sorry not to respond immediatly, just have a BIG family issue to deal w/. Anyhow.Great job on the trimming, like it was stated earlier, trim give a few days then trim some more. And that screan is going to reward you greatly. Lovin this grow!!

thank you Butch, I respect ur advice along with many others here at 420times. Cool, so at least I know Im doin it right now. Also, Butch, do you know if humboldt roots will do the same as a cloning solution? Im guessing not, but as you can see I have trimmings in cups of water right now lol.

My mother, grandmother, and her grandmother,and so on..Take cuttings and just ou it in water and let them root bythemselves. I've watched and was taught to take cutting this way when i was a kid. This not to grow herb of course, just show how to do it. Take a cutting puit in the water in a mason jar. Then set it on a window seal in the kitchen, wnd let the sun and natuer do the rest. now I wouldnt put it on a widow seal but you could throw it under a dome. I have friens who take the cutting refridgerate them in a cup of water for a week, then place them in rockwool. Thats how I got to choose my mother plants when I first got the bubba and rainbow. Picked them out of hundreds of cuttings. They cut then pic the strongest out tf the bunch. Just a lil added info.

Cool, thx Butcher, hopefully mine survive.... how often should I change the water theyre in? Also how late into flowering do you foliar feed, 3-4 weeks in?

I cant really suggest more then 2-3 weeks.But when I use my liquid light I feed into the 4th week. And thats straight from Dutch Masters themselves. But with a normal foliar program I go into the second week. But I only foliar the L.L these days.

I hear ya, heard good things from Dutch Master. I decided to stick with my Humboldt lineup and they also have a product like L.L ; called Humboldt Sticky. But I heard that the Liquid Light opens the stomatas on the leaves n shit so yea, Dutch Master might top Humboldt in the foliar department lol

HOLY SHIT! I just read this whole grow journal, WOW!!!. Stoob you are doing fantastic, but I wouldn't suggest cutting all of your fan leaves off, they are SOLAR PANELS for the plant. I was waiting for that final push towards SCROG and you have done it my friend.

I cant even IMAGINE your yield. 10 plants on that massive screen? Lets see if you average 4 ounces per plant (on the low side but fair dont you think?)
x 10 plants is 40 ounces
40 o's = 2.5 POUNDS dude
2.5 pounds = 1,120 grams

365 days in a year so if you didn't sell any of it you would have to smoke 3.06 grams a day. ALMOST AN 1/8th A DAY MAN!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME im so glad I get to see the buds grow.

+rep but would rather shake your hand.

HOLY SHIT! I just read this whole grow journal, WOW!!!. Stoob you are doing fantastic, but I wouldn't suggest cutting all of your fan leaves off, they are SOLAR PANELS for the plant. I was waiting for that final push towards SCROG and you have done it my friend.

I cant even IMAGINE your yield. 10 plants on that massive screen? Lets see if you average 4 ounces per plant (on the low side but fair dont you think?)
x 10 plants is 40 ounces
40 o's = 2.5 POUNDS dude
2.5 pounds = 1,120 grams

365 days in a year so if you didn't sell any of it you would have to smoke 3.06 grams a day. ALMOST AN 1/8th A DAY MAN!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME im so glad I get to see the buds grow.

+rep but would rather shake your hand.

lol thank you man, I really encourage and recommend you do a scrog grow. They require maintenance and a lil extra effort, but hopefully pay off in the end. I have 9 girls under my screen, one seed was a dud. I don't want to start doing any math just yet lol.... :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom