Gandalfthewhite's Adventure Into LED - Sponsored By Mars Hydro With The FC3000

Hey everyone :ciao:

Well all seems well after the potting up and everyone is looking content, a little over-watered but by tomorrow they will all be praying up. After reading @Melville Hobbes last post :thanks: I realised I only had a 4" duct as my in! So I upgraded to a 6" for better airflow :thumb: I also moved the light down to 14".
DSC_1389.JPG

Sour Diesel
DSC_1385.JPG

These 2 are still growing slowly but I'm willing them to become the biggest in the tent :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1387.JPG

Blackberry Moonrocks
DSC_1384.JPG

These small ones are starting to grow more now, I think a combination of the heater and lowering the light slightly helped alot.
DSC_1386.JPG

All the small ones are nearly dry now and are going to be watered tomorrow with 1/4 strength calmag and rootbastic to give them a little kick :laugh:

So another week is here and I hope you have all had a good start :circle-of-love: much love to all :green_heart: :passitleft:

Well all seems well after the potting up and everyone is looking content, a little over-watered but by tomorrow they will all be praying up. After reading @Melville Hobbes last post :thanks: I realised I only had a 4" duct as my in! So I upgraded to a 6" for better airflow :thumb: I also moved the light down to 14".
DSC_1389.JPG

Sour Diesel
DSC_1385.JPG

These 2 are still growing slowly but I'm willing them to become the biggest in the tent :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1387.JPG

Blackberry Moonrocks
DSC_1384.JPG

These small ones are starting to grow more now, I think a combination of the heater and lowering the light slightly helped alot.
DSC_1386.JPG

All the small ones are nearly dry now and are going to be watered tomorrow with 1/4 strength calmag and rootbastic to give them a little kick :laugh:

So another week is here and I hope you have all had a good start :circle-of-love: much love to all :green_heart: :passitleft:
Looking good Amigo. :thumb:
Hope your having a nice morning.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Looking good Amigo. :thumb:
Hope your having a nice morning.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks mate :circle-of-love: I'm having a chill morning :tokin: I got back from work at 8am here and the Mrs is working from home so I get to smoke with her today :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm really hoping the small ones catch up a bit after a little pick me up : greenheart: :passitleft:

Hey brother! Looking awesome and expecting some wonderful things to grow for you here!
Chilling this morning too. Just got back last night from a short break. Got to see a 3000 plant farm. Got the low down on a 800 plant autoflower harvest, growing it purely for biomass and a few top buds. Thought about you and the forum here the whole freaking time lol!

Hey brother! Looking awesome and expecting some wonderful things to grow for you here!
Chilling this morning too. Just got back last night from a short break. Got to see a 3000 plant farm. Got the low down on a 800 plant autoflower harvest, growing it purely for biomass and a few top buds. Thought about you and the forum here the whole freaking time lol!
Very nice! What a trip mate :green_heart: wish I could have run through those fields like Teresa May through wheat :rofl: the work that goes in must be phenomenal! Glad you had a great time my friend, a well deserved break I imagine :cheesygrinsmiley: :circle-of-love: :passitleft:

Very nice! What a trip mate :green_heart: wish I could have run through those fields like Teresa May through wheat :rofl: the work that goes in must be phenomenal! Glad you had a great time my friend, a well deserved break I imagine :cheesygrinsmiley: :circle-of-love: :passitleft:
It was 3 growers. One massive old school dude from N California, another old timer whose farm it was and lil old me with my stupendous 12 autoflower grow lol! Theyre both old friends of mine and all of this got organized at last minute becaus ethey didnt know I was growing. We all exchanged ridiculous amounts of info. So much so that everyone else was laughing at our collective innability to do anything but talk plants. We tried to talk about other things but zero success lol. Wish you had been there!!

If things go better than well we might be starting up a small 5000 sq foot greenhouse grow here in Massachusetts. You could run through the greenhouse, all a whoopin' and a holerin'!

Maaaaaan thatd be freaking cool too! lol *must make greenhouse grow for Gandalf to go all Sound of Music in*
:green_heart: :yahoo: :headbanger::cheer:

It was 3 growers. One massive old school dude from N California, another old timer whose farm it was and lil old me with my stupendous 12 autoflower grow lol! Theyre both old friends of mine and all of this got organized at last minute becaus ethey didnt know I was growing. We all exchanged ridiculous amounts of info. So much so that everyone else was laughing at our collective innability to do anything but talk plants. We tried to talk about other things but zero success lol. Wish you had been there!!

If things go better than well we might be starting up a small 5000 sq foot greenhouse grow here in Massachusetts. You could run through the greenhouse, all a whoopin' and a holerin'!

Maaaaaan thatd be freaking cool too! lol *must make greenhouse grow for Gandalf to go all Sound of Music in*
:green_heart: :yahoo: :headbanger::cheer:
Tell me where and when my friend and we can do all the whoopin', hollerin' and knee slapping :rofl: It has always been my dream to make my passion my job and looks like your on the way my friend :cheesygrinsmiley: If you do by any chance need an extra pair of hands... 😉
Your friends sound like they are a knowledgeable bunch, soak it up mate its not everyday you get to shoot the sh** with some like minded folk, well apart from here :cheesygrinsmiley:
:green_heart: :passitleft:

Hello everyone :ciao:
A little update today as the small ones had their first watering since life began :cheesygrinsmiley: and I couldn't resist taking some pics.
I had to raise the light by a couple of inches so it's sitting at 16" at just over 50%. Having this much control is something I will have to get used too :rofl:
DSC_1421.JPG

Big girls first :cheesygrinsmiley:

Blackberry Moonrocks
Both are looking good a little calmag def but once i get a good wet dry cycle going they will pick up.
DSC_1408.JPG

Sour Diesel
Looking a bit calmag def too but the new growth looks great. They probably should have been potted up a little sooner. The one on the right is still a little over-watered but she will sort herself out in the next couple of days.
DSC_1409.JPG

And the Small Crew :cheesygrinsmiley:

The 2 small Blackberry Monnrocks have gained pace over the last couple of days and I think after they have sucked up some cal mag they will be full steam ahead.
DSC_1411.JPG

DSC_1412.JPG

Deformatrix is doing well and starting her 3rd set of leaves. She looks like she will catch up in no time, patience is not a strength of mine so it has been a learning curve :rofl:
DSC_1416.JPG

Limpy is also doing well she has started her 3rd set too.
DSC_1415.JPG

I'm hoping to have all the smaller girls potted up into 3L pots by the end of next week 🙏
Thanks for stopping by :green_heart: could you bring some Tea bags next time I'm running low :rofl: much love to all and I hope all is well in your garden and world :circle-of-love: :passitleft:

DSC_1389.JPG

Sour Diesel
DSC_1385.JPG

DSC_1387.JPG

Blackberry Moonrocks
DSC_1384.JPG

DSC_1386.JPG

Looking like your off to healthy start Wiz👀👍

Looking like your off to healthy start Wiz👀👍
Thanks mate :green_heart: I've had a very steep learning curve with the new setup but I think after a couple of goes with the light I will have it dialled in a bit more. I can't wait to see what it can do in flower :passitleft:

A little update today as the small ones had their first watering since life began :cheesygrinsmiley: and I couldn't resist taking some pics.
I had to raise the light by a couple of inches so it's sitting at 16" at just over 50%. Having this much control is something I will have to get used too :rofl:
DSC_1421.JPG

Big girls first :cheesygrinsmiley:

Blackberry Moonrocks
Both are looking good a little calmag def but once i get a good wet dry cycle going they will pick up.
DSC_1408.JPG

Sour Diesel
Looking a bit calmag def too but the new growth looks great. They probably should have been potted up a little sooner. The one on the right is still a little over-watered but she will sort herself out in the next couple of days.
DSC_1409.JPG

And the Small Crew :cheesygrinsmiley:

The 2 small Blackberry Monnrocks have gained pace over the last couple of days and I think after they have sucked up some cal mag they will be full steam ahead.
DSC_1411.JPG

DSC_1412.JPG

Deformatrix is doing well and starting her 3rd set of leaves. She looks like she will catch up in no time, patience is not a strength of mine so it has been a learning curve :rofl:
DSC_1416.JPG

Limpy is also doing well she has started her 3rd set too.
DSC_1415.JPG

I'm hoping to have all the smaller girls potted up into 3L pots by the end of next week 🙏
Thanks for stopping by :green_heart: could you bring some Tea bags next time I'm running low :rofl: much love to all and I hope all is well in your garden and world :circle-of-love: :passitleft:
Love that Mars, garden looks great. :welldone:
Just curious though why the big girls are off to the side and the little ones are directly under it.
I'd put the big ones under medium to the side on a lifter so both are level.
And the babies to the side getting less light energy.
That way I could drop the light and turn it up.
If Mars gives me 300 watts I'm going to use them.:rofl:
Just 2 cents.
Hope your having a good day my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Im cheering this entire grow so hard but Limpy and Deformatrix... its just like watching your underdogs perform at a higher caliber than previously believed possible. :yahoo::yahoo:

My patience teaching moments are definitely all about waiting on these trichs to finish vs the outdoor environment getting crazy with the cheeze whiz!🧀❣️

May all our buds swell with joy juice!:circle-of-love:🧃

Love that Mars, garden looks great. :welldone:
Just curious though why the big girls are off to the side and the little ones are directly under it.
I'd put the big ones under medium to the side on a lifter so both are level.
And the babies to the side getting less light energy.
That way I could drop the light and turn it up.
If Mars gives me 300 watts I'm going to use them.:rofl:
Just 2 cents.
Hope your having a good day my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe

Hey Bill :ciao:
Good point my man :thanks: I was a little worried about the calmag Def on the bigger 4 and thought the smaller ones could use the extra light as they have some catching up to do.

Do you think they would be ok at full strength at this stage? Mars recommends 50-75% for veg and a hanging height of 12-16". I'm currently sitting just over 50% and 16" :nervous-guy: I'm such a newbie to these leds
:rofl:

:circle-of-love: :passitleft:

Im cheering this entire grow so hard but Limpy and Deformatrix... its just like watching your underdogs perform at a higher caliber than previously believed possible. :yahoo::yahoo:

My patience teaching moments are definitely all about waiting on these trichs to finish vs the outdoor environment getting crazy with the cheeze whiz!🧀❣️

May all our buds swell with joy juice!:circle-of-love:🧃
Thanks mate :circle-of-love: I'm hoping those 2 will suprise all of us and be the biggest girls in the tent :morenutes: :cheer:
My patience has definitely got better with age, I use to get angry waiting for a bus :rofl:

Hey Bill :ciao:
Good point my man :thanks: I was a little worried about the calmag Def on the bigger 4 and thought the smaller ones could use the extra light as they have some catching up to do.

Do you think they would be ok at full strength at this stage? Mars recommends 50-75% for veg and a hanging height of 12-16". I'm currently sitting just over 50% and 16" :nervous-guy: I'm such a newbie to these leds
:rofl:

:circle-of-love: :passitleft:
Get the babies off to the side.
Set the big ones all the same height.
Set light at 16" at 50 %.
Then gradually increase the light strength in the smallest increments possible.
Watching the canopy each time.
Waiting a few days at least in between increments.
As this is happening they will grow into the light so watch your light height at the same time.
As this is happening gradually bring the babies into the center, slowly.
They will grow as well so watch the top of them.
Don't fret about being exact on those numbers it's a basic guideline for what to do.:thumb:

Stay safe

Get the babies off to the side.
Set the big ones all the same height.
Set light at 16" at 50 %.
Then gradually increase the light strength in the smallest increments possible.
Watching the canopy each time.
Waiting a few days at least in between increments.
As this is happening they will grow into the light so watch your light height at the same time.
As this is happening gradually bring the babies into the center, slowly.
They will grow as well so watch the top of them.
Don't fret about being exact on those numbers it's a basic guideline for what to do.:thumb:

Stay safe

Thanks Bill 😁 great info and much appreciated :green_heart: I will have a rearrange tomorrow when the lights are on. I get so nervous with new tech! You should see me with a iPhone :rofl:

I got into it with more than one bus driver in Newmarket and Cambridge back in the 80s. I got "kicked off for life" at one point lmao. Its not you its them, really! :meditate:

Same here and going by one of my Gorilla Glues and one of the Godzilla Cookies they both might veg harder than the sisters. Try and compare pics over the next few weeks to get a really good feel for how long they stunted by the comparative vegetation. the things like bud weight and trich growth get super easy to compare.

My two most "oh no I killed them" helmet heads are going to be my two biggest producers and its been super obvious since they started pre flower. If it works for you that way too maybe we grab some freebie seeds to purposely let seeds helmet, then surgery and taking measurements for the grow to compare.

Eyeballing whether helmet heads with successful surgeries might develop more sturdy/vigorous growth post trauma sounds kind of fun. Fun enough that I have to wonder if there's a thread on it somewheres already? lol

Thanks Bill 😁 great info and much appreciated :green_heart: I will have a rearrange tomorrow when the lights are on. I get so nervous with new tech! You should see me with a iPhone :rofl:
Oh dam me too I still have a digital timer in the kitchen running a night light everything but 7am to 7pm.
At least my pin timer in the greenhouse is close.
Just so you know for the future keeping the lights off in veg is not a problem.
If you need to turn them on for any reason at any time no harm no foul .
As long as your in veg. 18/6 - 20/4 - 24/0 all good. :thumb:
Even with auto's.
Not until you turn your timer to 12/12 and initiate flower do they require absolute darkness.
Uninterrupted for 12 hr min.
So if it makes your life easier or to save money set your dark period to the most expensive electricity cost part of the day.
Knowing that if you need to flick the light on now and then it won't hurt.
Save the bucks where you can.

Stay safe

I've just had a little rearrange :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks @Bill284 :thumb: I must say this light is impressing me, the growth I'm seeing is better than my old T5 which was using over 200w! And I 'm saving ££££ what more could I ask for 🤔

DSC_1459.JPG

Oh and I've moved my temp probe away from the heater :rofl:

The light is still at just over 50%
DSC_1457.JPG

And the height is 16"
DSC_1458.JPG

Everyone is siting around the same height and the smaller ones are set off to the side raised up on a tray :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1446.JPG

The bigger Blackberries are starting to take off now they have new shoes and some much needed calmag.
DSC_1448.JPG

The smaller ones are gaining on their sisters :laugh:
DSC_1453.JPG

The Sour diesels are starting to green back up and after the next watering I think we should be deficiency free :cheesygrinsmiley: The front one is still looking a little over-watered but only time can sort this ⌛
DSC_1454.JPG

Deformatrix has grown a bit over night and greened up.
DSC_1461.JPG

And Limpy has caught up but is still a little light but a couple more days and she will be alright:thumb:
DSC_1463.JPG

So all is on the up :cheer: I hope you are all well, much love :green_heart: :passitleft:

I've just had a little rearrange :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks @Bill284 :thumb: I must say this light is impressing me, the growth I'm seeing is better than my old T5 which was using over 200w! And I 'm saving ££££ what more could I ask for 🤔

DSC_1459.JPG

Oh and I've moved my temp probe away from the heater :rofl:

The light is still at just over 50%
DSC_1457.JPG

And the height is 16"
DSC_1458.JPG

Everyone is siting around the same height and the smaller ones are set off to the side raised up on a tray :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_1446.JPG

The bigger Blackberries are starting to take off now they have new shoes and some much needed calmag.
DSC_1448.JPG

The smaller ones are gaining on their sisters :laugh:
DSC_1453.JPG

The Sour diesels are starting to green back up and after the next watering I think we should be deficiency free :cheesygrinsmiley: The front one is still looking a little over-watered but only time can sort this ⌛
DSC_1454.JPG

Deformatrix has grown a bit over night and greened up.
DSC_1461.JPG

And Limpy has caught up but is still a little light but a couple more days and she will be alright:thumb:
DSC_1463.JPG

So all is on the up :cheer: I hope you are all well, much love :green_heart: :passitleft:
Everyone looks happy. :thumb:
Hope your having a great day my friend.

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom