Gee Vs. The Mutant - LED LOS Whorled Phyllotaxy Swick Grow

Day 50
20230321_174749.jpg

The Mutant grew another 2 inches and used 3.5 litres of water.
20230321_174857.jpg

Better open the skylight before she bumps her head on the ceiling! You putting steroids in the water now? 🤔
Lol Some kind of Teenage Mutant Ninja $hit going on there!

Its good to see finally.

She took a long time to really find her rhythm.

Have a brilliant time! How, with the plants?
Home tomorrow. I had to top the mutant as I flipped her to flower before I left and couldn't risk her getting into the light while I was gone. I hope my autowatering perlite setup worked. Otherwise I droughted wayyyyyyyyy too early🤣

Home tomorrow. I had to top the mutant as I flipped her to flower before I left and couldn't risk her getting into the light while I was gone. I hope my autowatering perlite setup worked. Otherwise I droughted wayyyyyyyyy too early🤣
welcome back!

Day 12 of Flower.
20230403_065404.jpg

I had to top The Mutant as stretch would have put her into the light while I was on vacation, and she is stuffed into the floor space very tightly, so I apologize for the low lustre atmosphere. I will have to cull a plant from the tent to let her have some room.

This mutation runs deeper than just a whorled phylotaxy. Its day 12 of flower and she hasn't popped a single pistil yet. She is also the only plant from 7 seeds that took over 30 days to show her sex.

Her non-mutated sisters all had baby buds all over by day 7.

I hope shes not a 20 week pheno. She looks like an indica and acts like a Purple Haze.

I topped her at the 6 node mark like I always do but she has 18 branches instead of 12 because of the mutation. I am not going to thin her out, I want to see how she does without interference.

Will 7 gallons of soil be enough? Probably not but this mix is my strongest mix and this is a good test for it.

Its just soil with no spikes or layers.

20230419_133726.jpg

Sorry its been so long since my last post. Life has been hectic. The Mutant isn't a very good plant unfortunately. Its 4 weeks into flower and looks like its only 2 weeks in. Some tops are very tall and some are very short. Its really a weird plant. Thats mutated genetics I suppose.

I will keep it floweriing for now as I don't need the space yet but I just popped 4 Durban Poisons so if Mutey don't shape up she will be shipping out shortly.

I rotate her every few days but one whole side grew short branches and one side grew long branches. Never seen that before lol.

The Mutant got culled today. It just wasn't doing well. It was 5 weeks into flower and looked like it was 2 weeks in. Its brix levels should have been at least 12 and really about 15 but it was 4, so its immunities were very low. Bugs were sure to come. It wasn't transpiring very well. Too bad, it was a cool plant. Tomorrow I will dissect the rootball and we can check it out.

The Mutant got culled today. It just wasn't doing well. It was 5 weeks into flower and looked like it was 2 weeks in. Its brix levels should have been at least 12 and really about 15 but it was 4, so its immunities were very low. Bugs were sure to come. It wasn't transpiring very well. Too bad, it was a cool plant. Tomorrow I will dissect the rootball and we can check it out.
Sorry about that Gee. You were kind of expecting it though, weren't you. I'm glad you gave her a fighting chance in the beginning.

Sorry about that Gee. You were kind of expecting it though, weren't you. I'm glad you gave her a fighting chance in the beginning.
I was expecting it, but hoping for the best. She struggled with water uptake right from the beginning. I will check the rootball today or tomorrow and maybe we can see something unusual down there.

I was expecting it, but hoping for the best. She struggled with water uptake right from the beginning. I will check the rootball today or tomorrow and maybe we can see something unusual down there.
Bummer about that but you did more than most would’ve. Maybe the roots will tell the story. CL🍀

20230504_143821.jpg
Here is the rootball with most of the soil shaken out. It was nice and healthy with no anomalies. It really flourished in the perlite wick bed.

I thought it would be compromised as the plant was a real bugger that had to be coddled constantly and still didn't grow properly, but I guess it was its mutated genetics.

Anyways thats the end of this journal. Not the outcome I wanted but still the end.

How does one measure the brix level?

I was following along hoping to see the it grow 2 trunks at the top(like mine) and you tipped it 🤣 oh well .
Nice grow 👍

Back
Top Bottom