You are probably right but just figured the dark thing was worth mentioning if looking for root penetration around the cup or amendment
I think if you look at the playpen as a digestion hopper and assume roots wont move in, you can safely compost in it and let it leach down you could safely "topdress" greens without causing hot composting. But thats just a guess.

For sulfur and such, same thing i bet. Anything that would cause tip burn would possibly not this way?

This is interesting. It would be a great way to safely apply calcium to a sip possibly too, and topwater in thru the playpen. Maybe? Azi?

All during the PPOG 1 & 2 clone grow I was perplexed by the sniff tests. At first I though maybe I had stepped on the #2 clone and something viral was responsible for the difference. But later I noticed same thing on the PPOG #3, #4 and #5 clones during flower. Remember I killed their mom so no basis for comparison there but all of the clones from that particular bean just were not a loud pheno, definitely muted on scent and terps. But all along the sulfur treated # 1 clone stunk up the whole place… anyway thats the backstory on why I’m feeling pretty dang confident sulfur is the real deal on this one and warrants further testing.

That’s where I’m kinda fearful, you, Keff, Azi & few others really get that green brown ratio & teaming with microbes stuff and can do it all live in a container whereas I’d fry the plant…. I know enough to know- I don’t know crap, so I tread kinda lite and scoop up crumbs where I can. That’s why I hang here…the 411 drop, lots of great stuff always going on.

Agree there’s many possibilities, cut the cup sides short and it’s more of a shallow protective barrier separating the test bed from the rest of the mix. Leave the cup sides long to isolate the test area more,. Ditto on burning holes with soldering iron or amending with top dress versus deep soil spikes either method covered by a large piece of bark- if that adds value.

Thanks Gee for your input!! I’m interested to see what the brain trust comes up with…

couple of pics of for mental floss…

14 inch by 6 inch piece of pine bark. Cooked in foil wrapper in gas grill to kill off any nasties and to make biochar. Charged it by soaking in mix of water, Neem seed meal, 5-4-2 and mycos, let dry for 2 weeks then slow sweated in one of the soil tubs. Considered drilling a few holes to help soil breathe better thru the bark

View media item 2692416

Natures aeration, should be good for carbon or homebrew biochar run. First up (right & bottom pic) it’s Porcupine scrotum aka chestnut hulls, pine cones (on top) and sweet gum seed pods (on left), lots of surface area plus nooks for beneficials to hide or munch on. It’s best if pine cones are already opened. Also notice the difference with orientation… turn pine cone up for more contact with soil, turn upside down so there’s more of an air pocket, same for chestnut hulls, orientation matters.

6 words…. weed root mulch / weed stem mulch but appears most of the fine roots have now disintegrated. Yep looks moldy cuz it’s in a foil pan with holes in bottom while sweating away in the top of a soil bin.

Thanks for looking peeps!

Here's your boy dropping some caveman chemisty...

For anyone who saw this video and didn't watch it, please do me a favor and watch it, then subscribe to Mr Rabenbergers channel and watch it all. Every answer to every question you will ever have is covered by him Simply put... He's the best. Period. And he dummies it down perfectly. This is who taught me high brix. My record so far is brix of 26. Thank you Azi!👊

For anyone who saw this video and didn't watch it, please do me a favor and watch it, then subscribe to Mr Rabenbergers channel and watch it all. Every answer to every question you will ever have is covered by him Simply put... He's the best. Period. And he dummies it down perfectly. This is who taught me high brix. My record so far is brix of 26. Thank you Azi!👊

thanks for reposting this, good stuff! I saw the original video but didn’t follow the others, but I’m on it now.

This is a good argument for molasses usage as much as I dislike it.

Here are some quick pics. Family is still here for another day.

20240428_165711.jpg

Figgy is biting in.

20240428_165636.jpg

Ok I give up. They win. These soil clones got pulled out of the humidity chamber and straight into 35% RH with no hardening off and today the cups were so dry that they should be wilted to the soil but no, so I watered them and tomorrow I will start to feed them and give them their way.

20240428_165634.jpg

A little yellowing for sure, but this soil has no nutrition and they have been in the solos for about 4 weeks now.

Unbelievable.

20240428_165632.jpg

20240428_165628.jpg

The aero clones are going now. The pots are drying down and tomorrow fish food arrives.

20240428_165625.jpg

20240428_165622.jpg

20240428_165620.jpg

20240428_165556.jpg

The BK manifold still has only had the 1 original strapdown, and it's holding it's shape.

The color you get with this Gaia green mix is very nice.

TMSC - Day 27

20240428_165419.jpg

The Gang of Misfits lol. What an uneven scruffy tent this is. I love it.🤣

20240428_165528.jpg

Some colas.

20240428_165546.jpg

20240428_165356.jpg

RVDV1. Theres a lot of weed here for a 7gal pot. 4 weeks tomorrow so if it's going to crap out, it should start this week or next. Still no hints of deficiency.

20240428_165342.jpg

Iklwa. Same thing. Less weed than RVDV but much more stout and compact. Her colas look like they will be chunkier. Still no deficiencies and Ikky looks really healthy. The others are too but Ikky just plain out looks tougher. Very impressive plant this one.

20240428_165523.jpg

And the Goon Squad.

20240428_165515.jpg

20240428_165510.jpg

20240428_165318.jpg

20240428_165308.jpg

Sorry for the brief and not so interesting post but it's really busy here this week. I missed topdressing day on Thursday. Lets see if in 2 weeks that shows up.

I can't wait to grow these again in my regular soil. The brix on these is all only 12-13. These plants can be grown way better, but if this was my 1st grow, I would be ecstatic. So far the Gaia Mix is very easy. All I have done is topdress and a bit of fish ferts with 1 non-feed microbe tea.

Screenshot_20240428_180456_VPD Calculator.jpg

VPD is settled right in perfectly to coincide with the end of stretch.

PPFD is 1118 on the hottest cola and 1050-1100 throughout the canopy. Thats out of my comfort zone but VPD says its good, so its good I guess. Time will tell.

These plants just keep rolling. Wow. Yup, Wow.

They aren't as chunky as I'm used to, but thats to be expected with landrace seeds but they are far denser than all the other landraces I have grown.

I'm not much for breeding, I enjoy the pheno hunt of seeds bred by a pro, but if you chase genetics for breed stock base, I think this would be something you would like.

I know I keep saying this, and I promise I'm not working for Matt, but these suckers just keep impressing me. They are failproof, and by my standards, being grown in beginners soil.

So theres a lesson here for you new growers. Soil balance trumps soil strength. This is not strong soil, but the plant color is impeccable.

The magnitude of good balance is light years more than kickass strong soil that isn't balanced.

I have a feeling they will run longer than 9 or 10 weeks, likely 13, but thats just a guess and a feeling. I'm good with that, it would be a good test for this mix in these smaller 7gal pots.

RVDV1 uses about 3 litres of water more per day than the other 2 do.

20240427_141511.jpg

I also found a very pleasant surprise today. I took a stroll thru Larf Valley , contemplating removing a bunch, and it turns out the "larf" is actually a bunch of shorter but nicely stacked colas.

Larf Valley has a lot of half-height, equally as nuggy colas as the 6 primes on the plant. There are probably 20 of them in there.

This RV1 is going to yield a lot. Enough that I can cherry pick the easy to trim stuff and let the worms trim the rest.

Very Cool, almost like free weed😎.

I'm glad I left it on now. It was purely to obseve how the plant grows, I wasn't planning to trim it, and it surprised me.

If anyone out there is starting some RVDV, I would seriously consider a scrog grow. It will fill the screen quickly and although short, these are nice colas.

TMSC - Day 27

20240428_165419.jpg

The Gang of Misfits lol. What an uneven scruffy tent this is. I love it.🤣

20240428_165528.jpg

Some colas.

20240428_165546.jpg

20240428_165356.jpg

RVDV1. Theres a lot of weed here for a 7gal pot. 4 weeks tomorrow so if it's going to crap out, it should start this week or next. Still no hints of deficiency.

20240428_165342.jpg

Iklwa. Same thing. Less weed than RVDV but much more stout and compact. Her colas look like they will be chunkier. Still no deficiencies and Ikky looks really healthy. The others are too but Ikky just plain out looks tougher. Very impressive plant this one.

20240428_165523.jpg

And the Goon Squad.

20240428_165515.jpg

20240428_165510.jpg

20240428_165318.jpg

20240428_165308.jpg

Sorry for the brief and not so interesting post but it's really busy here this week. I missed topdressing day on Thursday. Lets see if in 2 weeks that shows up.

I can't wait to grow these again in my regular soil. The brix on these is all only 12-13. These plants can be grown way better, but if this was my 1st grow, I would be ecstatic. So far the Gaia Mix is very easy. All I have done is topdress and a bit of fish ferts with 1 non-feed microbe tea.
I swear that's a caterpillar you glued on there.:rofl:
Just incredible my friend, love your gardens.
Always makes me smile. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hope everything is going well Gee.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I swear that's a caterpillar you glued on there.:rofl:
Just incredible my friend, love your gardens.
Always makes me smile. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hope everything is going well Gee.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks Bill, all is well. It was a bittersweet week. Some ugly mixed with some great family stuff, but all in all a great week. I'll get over to see your Gals today, family all leaves in a few hours. Possibilities of snow here today, ughhh, my furnace is running right now.

This mutant plant is the coolest plant! I need to dig it out of the tent so I can get some better photos, it's way too crowded in there. That darn RVDV1, she needs to learn about boundaries and personal space🤣.

How's the greenhouse project coming?

Thanks Bill, all is well. It was a bittersweet week. Some ugly mixed with some great family stuff, but all in all a great week. I'll get over to see your Gals today, family all leaves in a few hours. Possibilities of snow here today, ughhh, my furnace is running right now.

This mutant plant is the coolest plant! I need to dig it out of the tent so I can get some better photos, it's way too crowded in there. That darn RVDV1, she needs to learn about boundaries and personal space🤣.

How's the greenhouse project coming?
We haven't turned our heat off yet.
Hail yesterday, even the hut had heat on last night.
Canadian spring , don't you love it. :rolleyes:
Hope everything goes well with the family.
Nice to get a visit but can be a lot sometimes.
Greenhouse is pegged wired and ready for sunshine :thumb:
Hopefully May runs this cold off the map.
Quick pic.;)

Hone you don't mind.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Good Morning Miss Carmen😊☕✌️. Are you getting close to another grow yet?
Close-ish Gee man. I am meant to be starting seeds at the end of May. I'm champing at the bit! 🐎

Close-ish Gee man. I am meant to be starting seeds at the end of May. I'm champing at the bit! 🐎
I bet you are! I admire your strength lol. I don't know if I could have made it through🤣 Wiil lastseason's crop get you thru?

Here is an interesting article on plant diagnosis. It's all the typical info, but it also includes the order that the symptons arise in. Good info.

It's from a Dutch grow shop, so ignore the product slingiing, which is minimal.

The info is good.

I bet you are! I admire your strength lol. I don't know if I could have made it through🤣 Wiil lastseason's crop get you thru?
It has got me through. I lost a jar to mould unfortunately. It was the chocodope. I couldn't have dried it long enough. I should have enough stash to get me to the next cure :smokin:
Here is an interesting article on plant diagnosis. It's all the typical info, but it also includes the order that the symptons arise in. Good info.

It's from a Dutch grow shop, so ignore the product slingiing, which is minimal.

The info is good.
Thank you. This should be good.

We haven't turned our heat off yet.
Hail yesterday, even the hut had heat on last night.
Canadian spring , don't you love it. :rolleyes:
Hope everything goes well with the family.
Nice to get a visit but can be a lot sometimes.
Greenhouse is pegged wired and ready for sunshine :thumb:
Hopefully May runs this cold off the map.
Quick pic.;)

Hone you don't mind.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Yay! Up and almost running Bill!

Back
Top Bottom