Germinating A Tripod!

Franco.gh

This is one of the weirdest tripod-seeds I ever came across in the 15 years I spent growing cannabis.

After many requests of UoS admin, I decided to start an experiment and see what comes out...

:bongrip:

the strain is Arjan's Strawberry Haze.

Here is the threesome before the starting of the germination process...

S8001088.JPG

S8001090.JPG

S8001091.JPG

S8001092.JPG

germination conditions:
sterile environment
air temp 19-21 degrees Celsius
air rh: 75-85%
water pH 6.0
water EC: 0.8
addittives: none

S8001093.JPG

S8001094.JPG

S8001095.JPG

S8001096.JPG

S8001097.JPG

S8001098.JPG

and after 72 hours..... :tommy:

1_S8001102.jpg

1_S8001103.jpg

1_S8001104.jpg

1_S8001105.jpg

1_S8001106.jpg

now I am gonna see what comes out!

:yummy:

Thats pretty damn cool! :clap:

To me it looks like they will be seperate plants, I think the shell were just together. Cant wait to see what happens!

definetely, only the shells were joined. But usually when that happens, there are always 1 or 2 predominant, and a third smaller shell.
This was really split in 3 equal creatures joined in the middle. rare stuff...

:thedoubletake:That's AMAZING! I look forward to hearing more about the phenotype/expression of each. quasi-Siamese twins, the embryos completely separate and independent. I ponder... seems less likely to be genetic...maybe samples to a plant geneticist could confirm that they each have unique genotypes instead of being identical.

Would three pollen grains germinating a single ovary have this effect? Or 3 ovaries in one bract? Was the parent cola bag-pollinated directly? Was the tripod perhaps due to crowding of the primordial seed structures? This tripod came from a single bract - are the bracts/calyxes on this strain unusual? Do singlet seeds from this strain have the same shape/pattern/colors as the tripod?

Any ideas on how this attribute could be useful? Would industrial hemp growers like this feature or would it screw with crop uniformity? So many questions.

Those will grow into being 3 truly beautiful plants, I'm sure. Keep us updated. I love your posts.

How is the seedling doing, Franco? I hope all is well. I'm eager to see more photos!

Back
Top Bottom