Getting Hempy With It 2019

I'm really liking the look of those 2 L hempys. How long did you veg those before flipping? I want to do a 12/12 from seed/clone grow this summer, but thought about doing them in some small hempy pots to maximize yield off such a small plant. Knew I remembered seeing someone doing it with 2 Ls. They seem to be working pretty dang well, I'd be very happy with an oz per plant in such a small pot--that's what i generally hit with 3 gallons of soil.

The 2lt plastic soda bottle hempy is a great way to do a SOG. And the only reason I used them was because I had ten clones to fit in a 2.5'x2.5' tent. The clones had to veg for 8 weeks till the mothers all flowered. Including the container they grew 36 inches tall when I finally flipped them.

The 2lt plastic soda bottle hempy is a great way to do a SOG. And the only reason I used them was because I had ten clones to fit in a 2.5'x2.5' tent. The clones had to veg for 8 weeks till the mothers all flowered. Including the container they grew 36 inches tall when I finally flipped them.

Wow that's a long veg time in those! Roots didn't seem to mind. I think I will be trying to get about 1 to 1.5 foot of plant and hope for one big cola, but not sure how it's going to play out. Is it hard to keep them from tipping over? This strain I've got is already fairly lanky, it's a verrry stretchy sativa.

I let them veg to long. And the one main cola thing is all on top. So a net is a must
Net is a good call, might have to put one up in there for mine just so they can grab on heh

I went to the hydro store and all they had was coco... Supposedly a bale that can expand into 3 cu. ft. for $13 so that seemed like a steal. Maybe I'll do some coco hempy.

Net is a good call, might have to put one up in there for mine just so they can grab on heh

I went to the hydro store and all they had was coco... Supposedly a bale that can expand into 3 cu. ft. for $13 so that seemed like a steal. Maybe I'll do some coco hempy.

Make sure to put 100% perlite from the drain hole down.

35 days old. Having a feeling that I'm gonna have a couple of monsters on my hands. Still have a minimum of two week veg time till flower tent opens.

I'm really liking the look of those 2 L hempys. How long did you veg those before flipping? I want to do a 12/12 from seed/clone grow this summer, but thought about doing them in some small hempy pots to maximize yield off such a small plant.

As opposed to soil(ish), you mean? That should help do so, IMHO. You might be better off dropping a freshly rooted cutting into each bottle and sticking them into your flowering space immediately afterward than you would be starting each bottle plant from seed. As usual, it'll depend on a number of things including your own tastes/preferences. Would you be happy with smaller, but more plants? What about harvesting a few to several such plants each week over a period of time? If the answer is, "Yes," then the clone route would seem to have an appeal... Plants could end up being "civilized" (relatively short, lol) and not much bigger in diameter than the bottles that they're being grown in - but you could pack your tent full of those bottles, adding a bottle or a row of bottles at a time (at whatever rate your mother produces them) until the space is filled and then harvesting each bottle or set of bottles until they're all out (or in perpetuity, if you like). The short single-cola SOG requires no real training. I was really happy a while back when I managed to talk someone out of a few of those two-liter bottle carriers - but then I realized that what I really wanted was something waterproof to set the things in. But if you can work around that, each carrier holds eight bottles as close together as they can get, and someone would probably have to play fast and loose with the laws of physics to get a carrier full of flowering clones in two-liter bottles to fall over.

Knew I remembered seeing someone doing it with 2 Ls. They seem to be working pretty dang well, I'd be very happy with an oz per plant in such a small pot--that's what i generally hit with 3 gallons of soil.

This is still one of the better examples here (IMHO), and I wish the guy hadn't managed to get himself banned from the forum. I'm glad we kept his threads, though ;) .

The only reason that I'm intending to run plants from seed this time is that they're autoflowering strains. I'm thinking about trying to start two, maybe three "potential mother stock" plants a little while before my first auto is expected to be ready. I shouldn't need much light for that, since I'll be trying to keep them small. Then either move one of those plants into the space that opens up in the tent or maybe cut the light schedule to 12 on / 12 off at that time or shortly afterward and finish the remaining autos under reduced light-hours so I can get the cuttings of round two to begin flowering at that time. IDK, it won't be until some time in May or early June, probably.

As opposed to soil(ish), you mean? That should help do so, IMHO. You might be better off dropping a freshly rooted cutting into each bottle and sticking them into your flowering space immediately afterward than you would be starting each bottle plant from seed. As usual, it'll depend on a number of things including your own tastes/preferences. Would you be happy with smaller, but more plants? What about harvesting a few to several such plants each week over a period of time? If the answer is, "Yes," then the clone route would seem to have an appeal... Plants could end up being "civilized" (relatively short, lol) and not much bigger in diameter than the bottles that they're being grown in - but you could pack your tent full of those bottles, adding a bottle or a row of bottles at a time (at whatever rate your mother produces them) until the space is filled and then harvesting each bottle or set of bottles until they're all out (or in perpetuity, if you like). The short single-cola SOG requires no real training. I was really happy a while back when I managed to talk someone out of a few of those two-liter bottle carriers - but then I realized that what I really wanted was something waterproof to set the things in. But if you can work around that, each carrier holds eight bottles as close together as they can get, and someone would probably have to play fast and loose with the laws of physics to get a carrier full of flowering clones in two-liter bottles to fall over.

This is still one of the better examples here (IMHO), and I wish the guy hadn't managed to get himself banned from the forum. I'm glad we kept his threads, though ;) .

The only reason that I'm intending to run plants from seed this time is that they're autoflowering strains. I'm thinking about trying to start two, maybe three "potential mother stock" plants a little while before my first auto is expected to be ready. I shouldn't need much light for that, since I'll be trying to keep them small. Then either move one of those plants into the space that opens up in the tent or maybe cut the light schedule to 12 on / 12 off at that time or shortly afterward and finish the remaining autos under reduced light-hours so I can get the cuttings of round two to begin flowering at that time. IDK, it won't be until some time in May or early June, probably.
Yeah as opposed to soil drain-to-waste. I thought about doing hempy at first and then chose coco 'cause it was wayyyy cheaper than I ever thought and I've always wanted to try. I may even do a mix to see how they perform side-by-side. I've done 1 gallon pots of soil with bloom-from-seed and they got to be about 10-14 grams each, so I'm hoping coco will at least double that to 1 oz per plant and hopefully one large cola.

I'm only considering seeds because I only managed to get 6 decent cuts and 3 of them are actually rooting. I gotta stick to 10 plants or I'd stock up my whole tent full of small pots. I love dealing with plants when they're tiny, one of the first grows I did was 12/12 from seed.

With clones I'm not really sure how quick to shoot for 12/12 to get them real small. I'm probably going to wait until I see maybe 6 nodes, knowing how long this cut takes to start flowering and how much it stretches. I have the benefit of knowing this particular cut so I hope the other 3 take root and I won't need to resort to seeds, but I'm still going to fill up that 10 plant allotment either way.

@DV-travis

Lookin good man. What's up with the red dots in your photos? I bet any C99 cross will be pretty good, I loved some Cindy my buddy grew. I've always thought it would be interesting to cross C99 with GSC.

Lookin good man. What's up with the red dots in your photos? I
Red dots.
Hmm. I put them on bud sites that looked ok and are now exposed due to the LST?
I was high. Looked good at the time:rofl:

One thing I've learned about doing a perpetual SOG grow.
You need a mother plant.
I tried taking cuts off four plants. Flipped the four plants. The clones grew to 30+ inches in veg waiting for the four mom's to flower. You need at least three stations. Propagation station, a veg area for mother and then the flower/bloom tent.
It takes time to get a good perpetual SOG going.

Some info: @PrairieDog
Screenshot_20190317-075345.png

Some more info
Description
C99 x Blueberry Fast is a quick-flowering sativa-dominant hybrid marijuana strain. Its parents are Cinderella 99, Blueberry and a Fast parent plant.

Due to the high proportion of Thai sativa genetics in this hybrid the flavours of South East Asia come through strongly. Due to the significant amount of stretch it undergoes once flowering is initiated cramped growing spaces are to be avoided. In just 45 days yields of between 350 - 450 gr/m2 of high-THC, resinous buds will be harvested. Outdoors yields are ready during September and are even bigger whether grown in the ground or in a greenhouse. Its buds have relatively few larger leaves and this makes trimming very easy.

So a quick rundown.
Two weeks left on the ten Kush clones.
Have a Jack Herer, King Tut, and a skunk#1 vegging waiting on the tent to open.
And one C99×blueberry fast seed waiting to be popped and one Alaskan Purple seed waiting to be popped.

Back
Top Bottom