Grapefruit Auto Hempy!

20190826_144438.jpg

How do I change the threads name?

This is my nutes schedule, so far its going good....
Growing Medium: Pearlite/Vermiculite 50/50 Mix
Week 1 = 1 tsp per 1 Gal (MC) done
Week 2 = 2 tsp per 1 Gal (MC) done
Week 3 = 2 tsp per 1 Gal (MC) done
Week 4 = 1 tsp per 1 Gal (BE) next
Week 5 = 2 tsp per 1 Gal (BE)
Week 6 = 3 tsp per 1 Gal (BE)
Week 7 = 8 tsp per 1 Gal (SC)
Week 8 = 9 tsp per 1 Gal (SC)
Week 9 = 9 tsp per 1 Gal (SC)
Week 10= Flush daily 100% volume

**Any advise is appreciated**

Week 4 = 1 tsp (MC) + 1 tsp (Calmag) + 1 tsp (BE) in 4 liters of water, shake and serve 1000ml to plant.
20190827_145413.jpg
20190827_145357.jpg

So basically Im testing out "a standard" recipe for nutes for my environment and water chemistry, since im using tap water. This was created from the last 2 grows where I needed more nutes then I was given.

This is my nutes schedule so far, and its going good....

Start date; July 26th, today is day 33 or 4.7 weeks.

Nutrients:
(MC) Mega Crop Nutrients (9-6-17)
(BE) Bud Explosion (0-19-39)
(SC) Sweet Candy (0-0-16)

Week 1 = (1 tsp MC) + (1 tsp Calmag)
Week 2 = (2 tsp MC) + (1 tsp Calmag)
Week 3 = (2 tsp MC) + (2 tsp Calmag)
Week 4 = (1 tsp MC) + (1 tsp BE) + (1 tsp Calmag)

Everything below this line is yet to be done:

Week 5 = (1 tsp MC) + (2 tsp BE) + (2 tsp Calmag)
Week 6 = (1 tsp MC) + (3 tsp BE) + (2 tsp Calmag)
Week 7 = (1tsp MC) + (8 tsp SC) + (2 tsp Calmag)
Week 8 = (1tsp MC) + (9 tsp SC) + (2 tsp Calmag)
Week 9 = (1 tsp MC) + (9 tsp SC) + (2 tsp Calmag)
Week 10= Flush daily 100% volume (Zero Nutes)

**Any advise is appreciated**

By the end of this grow I should have a standard nutes schedule for future grows, Im also changing things for now based on how the plant reacted to the schedule.

You said 4 liters of water right? Their feeding chart never has Bud Explosion going over 1.59 grams and Sweet Candy at 1.06 for 4 liters water which is less than 1/4 tsp. I think probably more than 1 tsp can't really be a good thing. I used their recommendations a few rounds ago and burned the crap out of my plants. Be careful man.

:passitleft:

You said 4 liters of water right? Their feeding chart never has Bud Explosion going over 1.59 grams and Sweet Candy at 1.06 for 4 liters water which is less than 1/4 tsp. I think probably more than 1 tsp can't really be a good thing. I used their recommendations a few rounds ago and burned the crap out of my plants. Be careful man.

I understand. Im not saying im right. Just the last 2 grows I had a load of yellow leaves and issues early on. Just feeding what the plant wants, soon as I see leaf burn, Ill cut it back to half of whatever Im dosing that week. So far, everything is going great.

Yellowing is generally lack of nitrogen, which neither of those supplements have any of. Greenleaf specifically says not to increase them but increase your MegaCrop instead. 9 tsp of Sweet Candy is over 5000% more than they recommend.

Good Luck man!

Yellowing is generally lack of nitrogen, which neither of those supplements have any of. Greenleaf specifically says not to increase them but increase your MegaCrop instead. 9 tsp of Sweet Candy is over 5000% more than they recommend.

Good Luck man!

I understand. Last 2 grows I only used MC alone. Used the recommended quantities and still had issues with the plants health. Im keepin on eye on it, no worries. If all failed I can flush quickly and just give MC alone again.

This is what happens when your limited on space and need to make more room for nutes, supplies and storage lol

Besides my tent is 6.5 ft tall, my lighting only has 24" of deepth penetration before its popcorn buds, so what did I do? Raised the floor!

20190828_141550.jpg
20190828_141713.jpg
20190828_141633.jpg

Genius or crazy, you decide!

Got the bottom raised up about 18" so basically I have a 5 ft tall tent now. And Ive got about 17" clearance from the top colas to the light. ;) hopefully it will just fat now. Either way next run, Im topping and bending so it stays within my 24" light depth.

So despite my heavy feeding schedule with this plant, its showing nitrogen deficiency, as abour 6 smaller bottom leaves went completely pale yellow, limp and was easy to remove. Everything els is great. I recently cut back on nitrogen cause its in flower. But it shows it wants more? Maybe bump it back up? Freakin autos I tell ya.

Also wondering if anyone uses pearlite and vermiculite 50/50 mix and finds that you need a heavier nutes feeding? Or its just this plant thats being odd.

According to your feeding schedule you’re giving them an average amount of MegaCrop which contains nitrogen and 600% of the recommended amount of Bud Explosion which contains zero nitrogen. Maybe try upping your MegaCrop a bit like they recommend. I wouldn’t expect good results from that much Bud Explosion, unrelated to any nitrogen deficiency, but like you said you can always flush quickly or whatever.

Yip

Last 4 liters of water I feed just 1 tsp of megacrop just to not run into any mega issues when reducing N going into flower.

Its in the first 10 days of flower now, that only reason I cut back on megacrop N nutes, Before that I was at 2 tsp for the 4 liters.

I know its insane lol but every week ive only ever feed it 4 liters of water weekly with the mixed ratios of nutes listed in the last "nutes post"

Somehow I do believe that the vermiculite is acting as a wall and requireing me to use more nutes then normal. The last 2 grows was the same, used the recommended ratios and came up short. Next run im only going to use 30% vermiculite instead of the 50% I have now.

Any experience with this idea?

According to your feeding schedule you’re giving them an average amount of MegaCrop which contains nitrogen and 600% of the recommended amount of Bud Explosion which contains zero nitrogen. Maybe try upping your MegaCrop a bit like they recommend. I wouldn’t expect good results from that much Bud Explosion, unrelated to any nitrogen deficiency, but like you said you can always flush quickly or whatever.

Nutrients:

Last Week 3 = (2 tsp MC) + (2 tsp Calmag) in 4 liters of water
This Week 4 = (1 tsp MC) + (1 tsp BE) + (1 tsp Calmag) in 4 liters of water
Thus far for the last 2 weeks

Nutrients:

Last Week 3 = (2 tsp MC) + (2 tsp Calmag) in 4 liters of water

This Week 4 = (1 tsp MC) + (1 tsp BE) + (1 tsp Calmag) in 4 liters of water
Thus far for the last 2 weeks

I just use straight perlite. I’ve seen people use up to 10 grams of MegaCrop which is like 1-3/4 tsp I think. I only used Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy one grow and it had a ton of issues so I’m jaded. My last grow I used 1 tsp MegaCrop and 1 tsp MaxiCrop and 1 tsp CalMag in flowering. It seemed to work a lot better for me, despite insect issues.

I figure 1 of 3 things is going on with this plant. #1 the vermiculite is blocking uptake of alot of nutrients or #2 im feeding it soo much its not able to uptake everything or #3 this plant is just hungry as ever lol

Id think tho that if #2 id see some plant stress??? So far she looks great, small buds tho so far.

My 1st time using the bud Explosion and sweet candy with any grow. But 3rd with megacrop ;)

I just use straight perlite. I’ve seen people use up to 10 grams of MegaCrop which is like 1-3/4 tsp I think. I only used Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy one grow and it had a ton of issues so I’m jaded. My last grow I used 1 tsp MegaCrop and 1 tsp MaxiCrop and 1 tsp CalMag in flowering. It seemed to work a lot better for me, despite insect issues.

Back
Top Bottom