Getting roots out of a fabric pot

DaddyKush

Can anyone recommend an easy way to remove the roots that have grown into the bottom of a fabric pot?

Oh I didn't know this was a thing. I thought the things were washable. I am on my first grow so I guess I will find out later.

Oh I didn't know this was a thing. I thought the things were washable. I am on my first grow so I guess I will find out later.
I'm gonna try washing it at a laundromat.... I don't want all that stuff clogging up my machine at home.

I've had some reusable, others, not worth it. My hydro shop has em for like $3, so I tossed em
The 10 gallon ones I use are $7 at my grow shop. I'd like to get more than one grow out of em if I can.

If you want single use fabric pots, try the re-usable fabric shopping bags. They're like 97 cents at most grocery stores and look to be about 5 gallons. For 97 cents I don't mind tossing em after one grow.

Iv already thought about this so what i plan on doing is blasting them out with the shower hose then getting the majority out, i plan on soaking them in a 1/2 strength Cannazym or any other enzyme root breakdown solutions, then at least that will help with anything thats left.

Other that that as stated, for the price of them i would get rid if you can.

Thanks for the responses.

In the end I just left the pots outside in the sun for a couple of days to dry the roots out completely, then I scraped them with a fine tooth comb and the roots just go to powder. Problem solved. But if that's too much work for anyone, just go ahead and toss them out and buy new ones every time.;)

Back
Top Bottom