GiGaBaNE's 4th - HydroGanics 600w HiD + Flouro

nah i have no interest in that company and its products...it was just the first link that i googled ;)

ill be getting my timers from the local supermarket...cheap as chips and reasonably accurate, ill just shop around for one of those contactors...last one i saw had like 4 or 5 plugs which is much more appropriate atm for my 1 600w and a bunch of cfl's ;)

I am glad you decided to stay. This will be interesting.

I think I am in the second row so where do I buy my ticket? :cheesygrinsmiley:

thanks guys!

it wont be long i promise. basically 'I' as in everything i own is suppose to be sharing my grow room as my house is overcrowded with people and stuff. spending most of the time re cleaning the house every day because of my wild kids doesnt leave me with a lot of time.

half my stuff is in there already but haphazardly so i didnt have room to move. i spent a good 4 hours in there last night after everyone else was asleep and have made a bit of room. once i have finished filtering out the crap and compressing my stuff i can get the rest in.

for now the plan is to move my HPS over to the left a bit more and split my grow room in 2, left is flower and right is veg. both on 24-0 atm so no light leak issues to worry about...indeed the lights should compliment eachother.

this journal exists to explore 2 topics. Hydroganics and its viability, and KC45 strain.
along the path i will be exploring the effects of various light schedules and be able to speak with some authority on exactly what lighting chedules work best for autos, both as maximum yeild and as the most cost effective strategy.

also we will be exploring aspects of defoliation. such as snipping every day or week or month, two defols per grow , singular defol (one in veg and one mid flower) and of course un defoliated.

this journal will move fast initially once we start to grow as everyone wants pics =D...but then i will slow down on updates. with such a massive agenda, this is going to take years.

once journal 3 is closed i will be making a spam journal to go in my sig, this will be the main place i will 'chat shit' and talk about everything except this grow so it stays as clean as possible.

this journal shall be my legacy to 420 mag, so unlike my normal attitude of its my land do as you please, i request a reduction in offtopic chatter and pictures, you can be assured ill be in everyone elses journal who visits me anyway =D

i hope i worded this all correctly, i dont want anyone to think im being a bitch. its just that im normally a very private person, but i feel i need to make a journal for 420 that i dont mind being globally public, therefore will have minimal personality.

V.I.P Access for you.

Oh yay! Thank you my darling :cheer: :love:

I will bring cake :yummy:

I promise to try and and behave and not natter too much, I respect your wishes for this journal! Just gently tell me off if I babble too much.

Damn, I am late. Subbed and eager to watch the show. :)

FIRST LIVE UPDATE!!!!!
(seeds went into water 8pm 23-nov-2011)

Day 4 (about 3.25 days actually)

Well hello folks!
finally after much smoking of grow 3, we are about to start grow 4...its not been in vain however...this delay has been on the KC45 seeds, but testing hydroganics has been running for over a week now ;)

ok on with the show...

quick interlude
my previous 'fast bud #2' grow by sweet seeds via herbies came with a free NL auto. The fast bud's are now just a memory, where as the NL looks like this currently.
GEDC00432.JPG

A few pics from my starter hydroganics...this is not considered part of this journal, but it gives a sneek peek into the likely success of the grow method.

in this tub is an NL auto, a big bud #2 seedling, 1 dela haze clone and 2 mystery clones that are probably the delahaze but may be afghan kush.
all are meaningless except the big bud 2 and the delahaze, both of which are here as potential breeding partners to my KC45's

BB2 and root structure. (being a seed rather than a clone, im not expecting much latteral roots yet...its digging down)
GEDC00424.JPG

GEDC00453.JPG

GEDC00416.JPG

For comparison, here is the root structure for the indestructable dela haze. this was potted only a few days ago (i think...i have to double check grow 3 for hints)
GEDC00472.JPG

my box +4 ready to go
GEDC00385.JPG

And now, the main attraction =D

seeds:
put in water 8pm on friday, pulled out of water this monday afternoon.

(germination testing observation)= water started as tepid or just above, put in the grow room at 70-75f and little happened for friday, sat and sunday morning....sunday i put the bowl next to(1 edge physically touching the radiator, like a few microns of contact) the radiator (uk central heating) and turned the heating on...came back 2 hours later to hot water and 18 cracked seeds!
2 seeds still have not cracked, but potted them anyway.

GEDC00314.JPG

GEDC00333.JPG

And now for something completely different!...
this seed is my first ever plant ive given a propper name. you can actually see him(or her) in the pic above, but here he is (dont know why my mind is automatically making him male....we shall see if my vibe is off).

Never seen this before, but saw one reference to its existence so far out in google-land.
I dub thee....Blackfoot!
GEDC00354.JPG

GEDC00364.JPG

^with the flash it looks a nice shade of combat green but in normal light its black.
this one is going to be kept a close eye on as bonus breeding material, it failed its first test just like 15 of its siblings, so this is not a breeder by default...speaking of which.

I have started the breeding selection proccess already. 16 2l's fit into my tubs leaving 4 spare out of the 20....so those 4 are going to be done hempie style, and as such are easier to move around and put in another area....so it makes sence i choose my 'best' 4 plants for these and the tub is all bud production.

having 4 plants gives a pretty favorable chance of at least 1male and 1female plants...so my first breeding criteria is "ease of birth" ie pick the 4 fastest growing tap roots.

well 2 plants came out as clear winners in the length department, but then i had 4 more plants that fit 2nd place...so i chose the 2 that had the most girth to their longness as my 2nd pair. so i now have what appears to be my 4 'best' growing seeds in obvious pots awaiting repot to hempie.

repotting for me should cause zero shock, the soil they are in now is identical to what they are going in next. i intend to repot as soon as they open their coyt leaves by just extracting the soil as a whole and just adding more around it in its new position....the roots should not see or feel a thing as the move is done before the root hits the bottom or sides, like just a few days from now maybe even tommorow if they grow well.

fyi unless otherwise stated, im just using tap water...no PHing, no nutes, no nothing except the time its stood in the cold tank to dechlorinate (random success depending on how fast we use cold water on that day).

the 4 white pots are my breeders as far as i know...we shall see what the actual grow brings as far as traits. something nice may over ride my current descision. the pot to the right of the white pots is Blackfoot.

sorry for the perspective shots...its a bit 'the secret'esque, im getting my mind used to seeing row after row of plants...and them being mine =D
GEDC00405.JPG

GEDC00393.JPG

GEDC00373.JPG

ok 3 pages and I am finaly here brother GiG. be here watching you watching me watching you:)

Hi guys and gals..most of you that talk to me regularly, this doesnt really apply to you.
I would just like to appologise to anyone that gets to read this that may expect a response from me in the future.

I have just deleted well over 200 subscriptions from my control panel.
I just cant keep up folks and by now i have said whatever i needed to at the time and i need the space to help new people, or new questions at least ;)

alright mate.

just quick observation, u should black out ur bottles cos u will def get algae growth with those clear bottles. i had 200 hempy 2l that went bad on me a couple years ago cos i left them clear. i dont grow that way now cos it hard work manually feeding large volumes and i got fed up of knocking them over, but i would spray paint black if i was to do it again. hempys in volume can produce nice yield, i just dont have the time to deal with that. hope u get a nice result.

thanks bro.
if i was doing a normal grow i would do exactly as you said.
at the moment tho, that water will never have nutrients in it, later on i will be getting bubblers and pumps to airate and circulate the water...if thats not enough then i will be using h202 in said water.

the food for my plants is in the soil only and i dont think algae can compete for nutrients in soil.

however apart from competing for food i am unaware of any other issues algae may cause, so if you know anything im missing, im all ears =D

i keep looking but all i can see is that they compete for nutrients and light, dont seem to be any other side effects, as to nutrients, they can only get whatever is already in tap water and the occasional drip from the soil if i over feed/water.

what are 'emmiters' is it something on the plant or something to do with hydroponics....apparently algae can clog them.

im almost certain that this method of hydroganics is immune to most normal problems faced by a hydroponics grow.

if anything the algae may even help because from what i understand of hydroponics, the more food there is in the water, the more you need to care for PH and PPM and all that.

if my algae removes any accidental foods in my water then starves to death and washes away in the next swap out...im happy forthem to be my house guests as they make o2 for me and my kids :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom