GiGaBaNE's 4th - HydroGanics 600w HiD + Flouro

well, my space proves you can grow a lot of bud in a space as small as a single bed. as to the missus, not much i can say there friend, i wouldnt think of offering advice on that as i would accept none when it comes to my own partner.

however..all women like to shop or save....some simple arythmatic on paper can do wonders to help ones cause;)

for example.
a seed £2
100 days of electric for 100 watts@ 20hrs per day aprx £20
possible yield maybe 20g (based on sweet fast bud #2)

so you have to buy 20g in £10 bags=£200

she can buy a decent pair of new shoes for the difference :rofl:

The problem is less about money and more about the unnecessarily harsh penalties that go along with getting caught. Although with a small setup and just a couple small plants, I wouldn't even be on the radar.

thank goodness my spiffy is a total stoner chick when she found out i grew she was thrilled and relieved (she was worried about what i would say to her stonerness) lol so thats never been an issue, space however is always a limiting factor, springtime will hopefully bring me a nice16x16x8 foot room im working on the blueprints for it :high-five:
jdl is based in walnut california i believe, but im sure they ship most anywhere, to me it would be worth whatever shipping is to have what i consider the best lights in the biz, if your thinking about it i would say call em and see what kinda deal they offer they really like to make ppl happy, funny you can get 6500k cfls at the grocery store here! a choice of warm or cool is almost always avalible sorry to hear they are bitchez about that over there, all the more reason to be in a rage over their motarded ness

Giga, Fluffy is fretting. I've completely lost track of everything. There is a post somewhere of yours that started "I am sure we will know each other for years" and I need to reply to that, and I was starting a reply here last night to something and I thought I had done it but clearly I didn't :straightface:. I am sorry, if there is something important please repost it for me because I don't want to miss it :( :hug:

Cool little grow box there GiG. I remember alittle while back I was living in Missouri I had to do a total hide grow. I ended up using some strongh ass cardboard I had and white paint

Opps and duct tape.I used a 150 watter tho. Worked great for 2 plants. That state still has life without on its books for growing over 100 plants. Capital murder even paroles. Not that they do hand out life sentences but they could.
Hell I can't even operate a PC or my camera as far as a geek I guess there is. But I thought I'd drive bye and see what ya got going on. Keepem Green

=)
doors always open my friend.

im glad its not so bad here as that which i am very grateful for.
even tho half are probably males and barely out of seed i still got nearly 20 on the go atm and 20 more are getting soaked on friday. if i did get caught i would be in serious trouble as im already convicted for violence (i admited my guild before i was even officially arrested, it was an unjustified burst of anger and i deserved to pay for it) =(

however, sometimes one has to take a stand. and considering the benefits of our plant in so many walks of life, its worth fighting for.
its fukn rediculous tho...i can just see it now.
"so what you in for?"
"growing flowers."

my grow will get a lot more organised. im still super poor atm, but feb should see an end to that.
my crappy blue light array is just a prequel to a smarter version of the same, but ill probably set them up as side lighting so i can run the hps at the same time...or i may even go MH purely because of less wires and mess as im gonna keep expanding and will be doing hundreds of plants before 2013 is over.

i know using mirrors isnt something we normally do because of saftey, but i do believe that if you do the correct maths for distances using inverse square law you can safely boost lower light without hazard. say the bottom of the plant gets 40% strength light, i believe it can be boosted to 60% with correct reflective placement.

anyways my minds a wandering now.
needless to say my story is barely begun ;)

definatly!!!!
sun traps, atriums and the like are definatly a must to be developed properly.

fiber optics is also something i want to play with when i got the cash..
you can do amazing things with them.
thin enough optics and you get a particle stream (photon) that is arrow straight meaning 100% of your emited light goes exactly where you want it.
more standard optics could be used in the same way your thinking of using mirrors.. use mirrors outdoors to focus a lot of light down a small bundle of optics which can carry said light a huge distance (underground/water/up the trunks of trees for steal light farming) to your grow area where you can diffuse it.

definatly!!!!
sun traps, atriums and the like are definatly a must to be developed properly.

fiber optics is also something i want to play with when i got the cash..
you can do amazing things with them.
thin enough optics and you get a particle stream (photon) that is arrow straight meaning 100% of your emited light goes exactly where you want it.
more standard optics could be used in the same way your thinking of using mirrors.. use mirrors outdoors to focus a lot of light down a small bundle of optics which can carry said light a huge distance (underground/water/up the trunks of trees for steal light farming) to your grow area where you can diffuse it.

wow that sounds like an incredible idea lots of ganja thought involved....:tokin:

wow that sounds like an incredible idea lots of ganja thought involved....:tokin:

49923093_cannabispics.jpg

this is a closet grow compared to my ambitions :rofl:

Stopping by to sub up and give a thank you for the rep Gigs!

04-Dec-2012 (day 11)

It has been exactly 268 hours since my seeds got put in water.

before we get to the grow, i would like to introduce you fellows to my evenings entertainment.

i appologise, im useless at describing flavours most of the time and i have a bit of a chesty cough (too much smoking from grow 3 i think) so im just going to skip that side of things...lets just say it goes down :rofl:

Meet Silver Haze (so 'the guy' says....it is definatly a GOOD sativa)

now for my personal preference, this does not feel done, even for my anti coucklock tastes. this has zero. I feel like a space monkey and im going to be awake till its gone oO.

This is one of the sneakiest highs ive ever had...im not kidding, i sat here for about 2 hours smoking the stuff and wondering if i had been short changed.. with reflection i can sense when the change happened (about 45 mins in) but i did not know it at the time.

so anyways, as the time moved on i started thinking more clearly and having a lot more random ideas per min and with increased erm vividity if thats even a word. then i noticed myself occasionally grinning at my own ideas, then it just sort of hit me in a rush. very difficult to describe the feeling, i guess enriched like a brix plant or charged like an atx case. just a lot of positive physical energy, so much so i hand brushed the lounge carpet between watching eastenders on iplayer with the missus and Borgias on rental.

and now the initial surge has past i just feel alive and awake, that dark cloud that hangs above my head and casts its shadow on my every emotion has been melted away by the radiance of the haze.

/me slaps himself "feet back on the ground mister"

Here is the pics of silver haze =)

GEDC00119.JPG
GEDC001010.JPG
GEDC000911.JPG

This is my big bud 2 which is a fem reg, this has been total defoliated since barely out of seedling. ive been doing the same thing to the dela haze next to it for quite a while now...i no longer have a clue how many budsites that thing has, its too hard to count them, lol

Im slowly bringing my light schedule down to 13 hours for all plants all the time. i just want to roll with that for a while and see how it goes, i like me a small electric footprint and this i could stagger fairly well with 2 different grow rooms with only 2 hours crossover, ill drop to 12/12 once my bb2 and my kc45 pollen makers look close to being in alignment.

oh by the way guys i been reading that far red spectrum can induce deliberate early flower...if anyone could test on an auto that would be terrific..i will when i can afford to buy that....it may be a way to force the large autos to flower even faster to make them more size managable.

That tub no longer has the air pump. in an ideal world i would have moved my best ones into the same tub as my kc45..but they are in an erlier version of my pots and the water tide level is non compatible.
GEDC00058.JPG

GEDC00066.JPG

And now to the main attraction...my 11 day old KC45's

So far the tank has had water in for 1 week, no signs of algae.
humidity is a little low but i dont mind, my soil is mild and they can drink as much as they want, it just means the nutrient uptake is mild but fast, direct (not osscilating) but gentle wind is helping them move the water through thier system.

i love how evenly they are growing, i believe this has a great deal to do with exacting depth of sowing and pressure applied to the top to tamp them down evenly.

still very early days, so not a lot is happening, but hey everyone likes pics and an update =D

GEDC00045.JPG
GEDC00034.JPG
GEDC00023.JPG

Dude is NO such thing as a crappy lite setup as long as it's functional. I've sure seen people even flower out with them and get good product. Now that cloest you say pales in compiarism with your expetations of your own, well to me that looks like 'way to much' work for me anymore. But I'm lad to hear you might have it figgured out for your new growroom. +++'s on the grow. Keepem Green

thanks friend...just bear in mind that in order to swallow the fact im not on some crazy ego trip. my mind tends to work backwards for the ultimate best i can get down to when im at currently. tho my ambititions are huge, im not expecting them to happen any time soon...my short term strategy is just to grow enough so that it never again have a negative impact on the family finances, then im going to focus on setting up some sort of legitimate horticultural project for this country, then its probably off to somewhere like spain where i can expand my MJ career correctly, then back to the UK to throw everything i can think of at this rediculous ilegality we have to put up with.
and im no longer playing by the rules.

Nice looking babies there GiG. That bud looked pretty tasty too :yummy:. It makes me sad though because I only have about a gram left. Time to talk to my guy about some christmas supplies. :bong:

Oooooooooh.... this excuse I am shamelessley stealing from you :)

its one advantage of having a head full of ideas and no memory to store them...if its important enough it will resurface all by itself.

Back
Top Bottom