Gingerbud's First Indoor Grow: 315 CMH, Tent, Lemon Thai Kush, Blueberry & Sour Diesel

Hey Ginger... awesome looking flower! I wish I could help you with the trichs. I have a hard time myself. Everyone says, if you think it's time, wait a week.
I do seem some clears, but not many, so I would think you're very close as well.
I thought 30x was enough for a Loup but I guess I was wrong last night I decided it was time to chop the crop.

I went and collected last minute goodies and started clipping. A space heater and a portable speaker is going to be home for the next couple days.

Im only doing the one tonight, I'm off tomorrow and hoping to complete the rest tomorrow or get close. Only four to go! Lol.

I cut down sour diesel. Hopefully I'll have some more pictures tomorrow.

The stuff on the left is going to be turned into budder! I'm going to take all the small popcorn buds and any sugary leaves to do so. (I'm doing my weighs after cure! I'm guessing roughly an ounce and a half of smoking buds there, maybe a bit less. Exciting times!

Also, I love scissor hash.

Thanks Sauga! It's exciting, and very time consuming haha.

I didn't think I was going to get the four remaining plants done today, but a couple beers and an angry wife (the house stank pretty good from transitions to the shed), the trim of the entire crop is complete. A friend leant me a hang dry system, which ended up being literally just bug enough for the crop. A life saver, really. Hanging everything on a line would have been a pain.

Lemon thai is the clear winner of the group, I think there's a couple colas with an ounce on em. Blueberry looks like the smallest yield but in my opinion had the best smell. Sour diesel was a bit heartier than blueberry, also with a nice fragrance. I wish I had taken more pictures during the trim but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of changing gloves all the time. Oh well. Will update in a little while during the cure.

Nice job Bud!
A little tip for drying. You want to try and dry them slowly. Best way if you can is have a humidifier in there and try and get the RH around 55%. The slower the dry the more chlorophyll will dissipate which allows the bud to have a better smell and taste.

Nice job! Enjoy the harvest!

Nice job Bud!
A little tip for drying. You want to try and dry them slowly. Best way if you can is have a humidifier in there and try and get the RH around 55%. The slower the dry the more chlorophyll will dissipate which allows the bud to have a better smell and taste.

Nice job! Enjoy the harvest!

Thanks for the advice Sauga. I'm reading 41 percent on my meter, I've turned my exhaust down to try and help prevent them from drying too quick. I think I'm going to go out and see if I can pick up a cheap humidifier in a little while

Yup that will work just fine. If you're finding you're having a hard time keeping it constant, and you're really concerned about it, you can grab a RH controller from Inkbird for under 60 bux which maintains the rh by turning your humidifier on and off. I have one and they work great, but I wouldn't make the purchase as a priority. It helped me through the winter months that's for sure.
As long as the humidifier doesn't need rebooting by hand when the power turns off it works well.

Thanks Sauga, what would I do without ya? Humidifier might be a dud, it's supposed to fill more but it leaks at the base... I'm a plumber and don't have any gasket material at home. Sigh. Smell is definitely a factor, my wife isn't happy with the current smell in the house. It's set to very low, I don't wanna dry it out too quick.

Ya, they should never leak. I have a similar one and fills to the top without issues. If you're going to return it try a different brand. Chances are they will all do the same eventually.
Cute about the plumber not having putty... like an electrician without a fuse :)

Turns out I'm an idiot. Tried to fill the container from. Where the vapour comes out, till I saw the fill cap at the bottom. Maybe a little too much scissor hash today haha. So the humidifier is good for 10 hours, I left my fan on above the drying rackso the air isn't directly blowing on said rack. Think it'll be okay at the top for circulation?

Turns out I'm an idiot. Tried to fill the container from. Where the vapour comes out, till I saw the fill cap at the bottom. Maybe a little too much scissor hash today haha. So the humidifier is good for 10 hours, I left my fan on above the drying rackso the air isn't directly blowing on said rack. Think it'll be okay at the top for circulation?
lol, we all do silly things :) As long as you feel air moving around it's good. Doesn't matter where you put it as long as you don't directly blow on them like you said.

How's the drying coming along Bud? After about a week you should be able to drop the RH in the tent down to 45-50%. I shoot for 2 weeks for the dry using that method. Normally my dries take 2-4 weeks when I do the slo 'n dry method in the fridge.

Thanks for checking in!

Things are going well, that little humidifier is working wonders for the tent. It has 10 hours worth of water storage in it, checked a little before it ran out and humidity is holding steady at 56 percent, can't ask much more than that. When it's empty humidity drops to 44ish so that will make life easy for the second round of curing, just take out of the humidifier.

My one conundrum is that I only have one tent, and my other crop is Itching to get in there. I'm going till Friday when I did the first part of the chop and see how things are. I might put everything into cardboard boxes and wrap a towel on them, and turn every few days... But I'm worried about the smell haha.

Everything's good though. The crop has lost quite a but of weight obviously throughout the last couple days but as expected. One thing though, no signs of mold whatsoever, but the crop kinda smells like hay. I remember this happened to my outdoor crop till I jarred and burped them... Then the smell came back. Hoping that's the case here.

lol, decisions, decisions. I'll tell you what others have told me and it makes sense. If you take all the time to grow your girls, spend all you energy and money on them, why not dry them correctly?
Having said that, if you're itchin' you're itchin'! Get the new girls going and go on to another method of drying :)

Gah you said exactly what I tried to talk myself out of.. I spent months on the crop just to cheap out on drying... Not a good idea! I might have to do a hybrid of the two ideas. Give them the two weeks in the tent then cardboard box till I'm content. The "seedlings" are under a spiral veg light bulb but I'm already at 4 nodes.. Just hoping they can last a little longer.

I'm definitely going to have to invest In a drying tent for the next grow.

Thank you for confirming the smell. It's nice to learn the actual technical terms instead of the laymen terms I've been using haha

I'm growing closer to the assumption that I'm going to cave on jarring tomorrow or Saturday. The outer parts of the leaves on the buds are getting crispy, and I think if I jar it and burp it everyday it'll still cure... Hopefully. My spiral veg light has done all it can for my next grow and I'm just going to have to learn what happens when you cure/dry for a week.

I'll sleep on it tonight, the stress of it has gotten to me this week lol. Lesson learned, if you're gonna go perpetual don't prep too early.

I took a decent nug out of the budder jar, I'd guess it was blueberry just by the colour. It was great, heavy hitting but still not fully cured. Looked great though!

Back
Top Bottom