Glasgrow's Outdoor Grow - Early Skunk - Scotland

Thanks for the advice nutty. I'd be very dubious about someone i barely know helping me out, even from a site like this. Even tho someone's intentions may seem strictly honourable and good all it takes is to be agreeing that the plants get taken down in a couple of weeks, i go back to chop then and find that they gone. And if the other person has taken them and dingies me then what can i do, not like i can go to the police and say "someone stole my crop", lol. I think to find someone helping me from here would mean i get to know that person for a couple of years and building up a good level of trust.

Kushtie - tried to pm you on your strawberries and cream grow but cant do that till i get to 50 posts. Looked really good. I had probs with my nft grow - went away for a couple of days and came back to find all 6 plants (3ft high) had wilted. Tube from pump had come off so no water getting pumped up. Once fixed the plants perked up again within minutes. Nft is great but if ur away and pump goes wrong then crop can get severely damaged or lost. Also i had probs with high temps even with 400w hps. Had to open cupboard door to get temps down. Have heard of people growing with 1000hps in a small cupboard but they use a heat tube for their light thus keeping temps down. Also dramatically increases yield, bud size and bud density. Only major problem with that size of light is the increase in energy consumption. You said you have cfl's? If so then use them along the sides and lower down, it will penetrate the lower buds and increase their size too.

Kushtie - tried to pm you on your strawberries and cream grow but cant do that till i get to 50 posts. Looked really good. I had probs with my nft grow - went away for a couple of days and came back to find all 6 plants (3ft high) had wilted. Tube from pump had come off so no water getting pumped up. Once fixed the plants perked up again within minutes. Nft is great but if ur away and pump goes wrong then crop can get severely damaged or lost. Also i had probs with high temps even with 400w hps. Had to open cupboard door to get temps down. Have heard of people growing with 1000hps in a small cupboard but they use a heat tube for their light thus keeping temps down. Also dramatically increases yield, bud size and bud density. Only major problem with that size of light is the increase in energy consumption. You said you have cfl's? If so then use them along the sides and lower down, it will penetrate the lower buds and increase their size too.

Cheers bud. I hear you and have plans for more lights eventually. Sooner rather than later hopefully but at the moment I'm kind of aiming for a stadium of buds round my 600w to see what I can get out of it. Got a pretty good extractor in there now controlling the heat.....I have it sucking away at a low power setting then when the temp rises above 28 it goes full power and starts sucking 280m/h out of a room just a few cubic metres big. It doesn't seem to go full power very often or for very long so high temps are hopefully not a problem any more.

Thanks for that offer nutty, but yes difficult to post. However if seeds were free and just lying around i would try that for next year. My seedlings are almost hitting the top of the propogator so gonna have to take the lid off soon. They will also need transplanting over the next few days as well. Will pop into 5" pots and then start to harden them off after another day or two inside. Will take them outside 4 a couple of hours during the warmest part of the day and will increase by an hour each day till they reach 12 hours at which point i will leave on my balcony all day and night. They will stay there for just over a week and then they will go to their final resting place. Half-way through the hardening off process i will start to feed them some all purpose plant feeder. Can either go with miracle grow or some other general purpose plant feeder. Obviously weak strength to start with and working up to full strength.

Am heading out shortly to find my plot. Will take some pics of potential places (will look for 3 or 4) and will post on here. You guys can let me know what you think of the areas. Rather keep all the plants in 1 area rather than several areas (currently 4 plants at the moment). Easier to find that way but if found i lose the whole crop. More areas mean more work and more time.

Plan is all made in my head. Just waiting to get the final stages sorted. Could very well go out and find that i need a new plan altogether. Hopefully this should not be the case. Where i am going the is a big wooded area so if i can hunt around and find a large enough clearing then it should be all ok. Will scour around to see if there are any signs of people being there - fag ends, crisp packets, bottles of drinks/cans, general purpose rubbish. If area is clear then it likely that the area will be uninhabited by other people.

2015-05-08_20_42_19.jpg
20150508_153453.jpg
20150508_153457.jpg

Well the search for a site was a tad disappointing. Here was my first option. The two pics with the house in the background are from behind me when i turn round. The other is the site i would like to have used but as you can see it is a bit in the open. Also the are behind the site is used by dog walkers so not sure if this will be suitable. Also during my hunt i saw a deer, oh no!!! Also on my way back i seen a guy sitting not far from there having a fag and playing fetch with his dog. Will post the other potential sites later on (currently at work, lol).

20150508_153750.jpg
20150508_153802.jpg
20150508_153943.jpg
2015-05-08_21_44_27.jpg

This is my second site. Bit better than the 1st (i think). It a little more open but only problem is the site faces north. The trees behind wouldnt be too much of a problem during the height of the day but till i get a day with no clouds i cant be certain. The last pic shows new phone cables so if any work gets done then plants likely to get spotted. Two of the pics are upside down, not sure why. The 1st pic shows that site from a distance with pics getting progressively closer.

2015-05-09_00_16_26.jpg
20150508_154430.jpg
2015-05-09_00_16_07.jpg
2015-05-09_00_16_50.jpg

Finally the last places i seen today. The first two (if i selected them correctly) is another possible suitable area, however the pic taken showing upwards shows that once these trees bloom then the light will be severely dimished. The third pic (i think) is boggy marshy type ground and i think that would be unsuitable. The last one is another possible place. Have seen what looks like cow pat around these areas but think it is deer poo. Gonna have to combat that problem early on. Gonna go with the human hair, some cat hair, used cat litter and human piss so that the deer should steer clear. Dont think the area has any problems with rabbits.

I hear ya nutty. I came in from the other side so didnt see to the right of the dead tree. If i come up from behind that way i can take a look at that area and see what it is like. I know that area is used by dog walkers and there is a pathway to the left of the dead tree. More over to the right of the tree it grows reed type things to around 3ft high. Planting in the middle may be an option although i would have to top the plants or train to bend - have never done either and dont wanna do that unless i have to (would prob mess it up). Good thing about that area is deer prob wont venture that far out. And if a dog found my plants and pissed on it then that would deter the deer even more.

What popular online map thingy are you referring to? I got maps on my galaxy s5 and can get a satellite view although i think that is shot in the middle of the day. Would prefer to be placing the plants beside some tree so they get maximum light throughout the day - sunrise (or just after), middle of the day (11am - 4pm), and the remainder till sunset. Middle of the day is most important with the rest of the day not being too much of a problem if it only gets minimal light. Would love to stick them in the middle of an open field or a big clearing in a forest but this is unlikely to happen. Firstly the plants would stick out like a sore thumb in the middle of a field, and any forest clearings need to be big enough so that they get as much light as possible. These clearings are difficult to find where i have in mind, however, there do appear to be a couple of sites (from the map) that look possible. Have yet to check these out. They will be viewed soon and will hopefully prove to be useful. There is a problem with both of these sites - there are areas very close by which (judging by the map) are used by fly tippers. Only saving grace is that fly tippers will be in and out of the area as quickly as they can so that they minimise the risk of getting caught.

Anyone know where i can get hold of liquid fence in and around glasgow? Dont want to order online as the mrs will ask what it is. Rather be able to pick it up from somewhere. A small bottle will suffice. This will keep deer and rabbits away although as i said before i dont think there is a problem with rabbits.

20150512_082352.jpg
20150512_082358.jpg

Babies bow been transplanted. Took some time and when i removed the seedlings from their casings the soil (even though wet) fell apart, perhaps i should have compacted it a bit more before putting seeds in. Was a bit touch and go at times but finished the job. Filled the pots almost to the top with soil after putting seedlings in and made sure soil was up to the cotyledons thus giving them some much needed support. They seemed to have suffered minimal shock and have increased in size since last night. Another day or so will show if they have been successful. Now back on the windowsill getting light and hoping the mrs remembers to put out on the balcony for a couple of hours today to start the hardening off process. It is a bit windy and chilly but it wont do them any harm.

20150512_221547.jpg
20150512_232537.jpg
20150512_232556.jpg

Oh no! 1 day after transplanting and all seemed to be doing well i come home to find 1 plant half chewed by 1 of my cats. I know which 1 it was and he is a bugger for going on the kitchen surfaces even though he knows he isnt allowed. Must have leaned over and took a chunk out of it. 1 of the first set of leaves has been eaten, most of 1 of the cotyledons has been eaten as well and the 2nd set of leaves has been topped! If you can see from the photos the 2nd set of leaves seem to be chewed with part still remaining so it may grow 2 stems from there. Does anyone know if the plant will survive or is it doomed?

Am now going to cover the plants with bottles so that the cat cant get at them. This will act as a cloche till they get bigger and will also act as a propagator cover seen as they are still young. Any advice on if that plant will survive or not will be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom