Glueberry OG, New Kid On The Block, DP

BrokenBranch

hey all. So I'm new to the site so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place!? I was looking for grow logs but couldn't work out how to post there? I started this log on a different site but unfortunately it has gone down the pan, it appears the grass is greener where you water it and said site isn't receiving any love at all, hopefully you guys are just as nice.

Ok,

So I recently purchased some Glueberry OG from Dutchpassion. (Gorilla glue#4 x OG Kush) x Blueberry. It's a new one that came out in January So thought I would start a grow log/ grow review as looking about online is just breeder bio and limited 3rd party info, I myself try to get as much info on a strain before committing to buy (although a total contradiction to this current affair as I knew nothing on the strain) I guess I was suckered in with the last comment on the breeders write up ' this potent strain provides massive yields' haha who wouldn't be suckered in right :D

Ok, my set up as follows:

1.2m x 2m x 2m grow tent.
2 x cool tubes running 600w sun masters duel spectrum ups
3 rhino extraction fans
2 oscillating fans (2 more on order)
1 rhino carbon filter
6 pots (I think 15/20 litres) 14 inches high by 14 inches wide but diminishing towards the base.
150l canna coco professional plus
Some hash up silent box I made up on the quick, don't judge me, it works. o_O

so I have both the cool tubes hooked up to the same rhino fan, cold air being pushed down the duct through the tent and then back to outside, (in an ideal world I would have two separate fans for both tubes sucking the tent air out.. How ever this isn't an ideal world and I only had 3 extractor fans)

I have an extractor fan blowing cold air from outside directly into the tent to be circulated by my two oscillating fans and I have my rhino carbon filter doing its thing above also.

The temps are ranging from 21c at night ( or 69f to my friends across the pond) 33c (91f) during the day.. I hit the sweet 29c in the afternoon when it's a little cooler thankfully.

So I don't start my seedlings in small pots and then transplant, I tend to germ in wet tissue and then put them into their flowering pots.. Iv grown both methods, smaller pots sees more growth at the start as they need feeding more, although after two weeks i find the ones in the bigger pots have caught up once their root system is established. guess it's down to preference really.

The plan is to supercrop, top/fim/l.s.t and Scrog with a 5-6 week veg.
My girls now are 5 days old
Ah.. Also Iv got a Hawaii Maui plant in the squad too.. The other half or better half even, choose this strain and a happy wife is a happy life, ay lads.

Welcome to my man cave

Hopefully she does what she says on the tin

Peace

P.s how does one post photos? Seems to give me an url link? Can I not just attach?

image19311.jpeg

Ok, so last week I hit my 5th node, que some lst. Had some issues with heat also was hitting 34 degrees.. Way to hot for the babies.. Would appear I had quite the hole in the back of my ducting that was leaking into the tent, que duct tape (indoor growers salvation) but hence the crinkle trait in a few of the leaves. Also I'm using a new medium, coco professional, I noticed last week that a few were showing signs of yellow spots? I thought this strange as my pots are quite large and had been buying water as oppose to tap water due to being 6.2ph at source so assumed it would be another couple weeks before I introduced feed, I added half nutes to their next water, no sign of Nutella lock out, I guess this strain is just hungry, may have over watered though as a few tips of the leaves flipped vertical.. I'm sure over the next couple weeks I'll work out feeding times, by now though I'm hoping my root system is all but established.

Welcome BrokenBranch i`am sure you will find 420 a friendly helpful positive community. nice garden too. look forward to seeing them and the results with the duel spectrum bulb as i have just bought a Omega 600w duel spectrum bulb for use in near future. regards

Hey improvise! Many thanks. Iv been reading a few logs and just getting to grips with the site and how it works but from what I see everyone is very friendly so glad to be a part of it! I have only ever used duel spec so I have nothing to compare against I'm afraid but I have pulled, what I would class as decent crops using them, although this is the 1st time I have had two on the go so I'm quite excited to see the results too tbh. Noticed also that the tech in l.e.d's have increased tenfold over the last few years and seen some monster grows because of it.. I guess you get used to something though, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your buy.

So in a couple days I will hit the start of week 4 of veg from breaking the soil. girls were lst'd a few days ago, the shift in auxins is in play and the lower lateral branches have stepped up, my main stem has made the 90 degree turn also and they were all coming up together in a bushy movement of love.. They all looked way to happy..so que the supercrop, right now they look like the night after.. Sorry, sad and broken.. Hopefully in the next few days they will revert back to their former glory... Initially I was going to scrog, not sure because of the lst I will get the same affect as now I have my lower lats stepping up.. Think I will see what they look like in a couple weeks and make my decision then. So that's it, up to date..
Summery: these GlueberryOG can handle a bit of heat, get hungry quick (I guess depending on medium) take well to lst, (seed breeder bio says these girls can go up to 2meters indoors) and no jokes at 3 weeks I walked into my area and it smelt like nugs, I had to check that my light cycle was still 18/6.. Never before this early on have I had that.. Not your usual cannabis plant matter smell but frosty nug smell.. Quite excited for the flip I just hope my carbon filter is big enough haha

so a couple days ago the girls have been vegging a full 4 weeks from breaking the dirt.. Since my last post they have pretty much taken to repairing themselfs after, maybe looking back on reflection was a bit of brutal supercrop attack by ones self.. The name BrokenBranch was inspired from this very grow, here is a pic of one of the more severe breaks

image19378.jpeg
image19382.jpeg

I ran out of tape so I made a supporting arm out of metal garden wire, I noticed today that the branched had turned up to face the light so I think it will be ok

image19385.jpeg

Also I'm having a few issues, my temp last night somehow dropped to -4?!! I have my lights off from 9pm to 3am, Trouble is, where I live in the world one day you could get a sun tan the next day it's snowing/hailing. The fluctuation in the outside weather is affecting my grow area quite severe and I lost my last crop due to this, I say lost but I only pulled 3 oz from 5 plants but was under developed nugs, quite defeating if I'm honest, so, to stop this happening again Iv changed my light cycle to 24/24, it's cold outside today so I have the tent zipped up complete and its reading 28degrees, I'm probably going to manage the heat using the tent doors from now on and when it comes to flower have my light cycle so it's in during the night and off during day.

My other issue is one of two things.. Overwatering/nute burn? Any help greatly appreciated.
image19384.jpeg

About two weeks In I noted a couple yellow spots, I thought it odd because they had only had two feeds of bottled water (at source 6.2ph) so thinking it was nitrogen deficiency I gave them a half feed of ionic nutes.. Then I noticed the tips of the leaves curling down and knew this was from over watering..or so I thought, I did some research and sometimes the leaves turn down on the tips and goes into a "claw" like shape when the nitrogen count is too high for the strain of plant.. This got me to thinking that maybe as I'm using new medium that it's quite rich and that alone contributed to the yellow spots. Now I'm perplexed.. I can't work out if it's too much or two little.. I have a water tub outside that collects rain water so I flushed them with about 4litres each 2days ago and have now started a half nute feeding time today, it's been 4 weeks since they have been in the soil so what ever notes was in the soil should have all but expired.. I'll keep an eye out on the new growth and try and see what that tells me, provided no more issues like nute lock out or severe definiencey pop up I think For the next lot of feeds I'm probably going to feed just rain water then nutes and keep it alternated till I flip 12/12.

I feel like I'm starting the learning curve all over again, I guess that what happens when you use new materials. Thinking maybe another 3 weeks veg, so they are at least fully recovered from the last and supercrop then introduce the scrog? On the whole they don't look bad, hopefully it was just a bit of deficiency and we're just hungry as that's an easy fix, anything else is just ball ache.

image19380.jpeg
image19381.jpeg

Ah, I also forgot, I took off the 1st brace of lst, her "knuckles" are coming on lovely, she will have a tree trunk by the end of this!
image19383.jpeg

I'll update sometime during the week, I'm hoping over the next 3 weeks things will really take off

:thumb:

So we're at week 4, day 3.

So Looks like the girls have semi-recovered from their supercrop/supersnap. The branch that I made the support for, her leaves are reaching for the light now although still looking very wounded. I worked out my beginning problems with regards to nute def or nute overkill too, I didn't realise that the coco medium had no nutes in?! This is my first time using it, usually I use the canna soil and that ticks them over for 4 weeks, I assumed this would do the same.. so pleased I gave them a proper feed though as they are looking so much better for it. Breeder info says that these can get up to 2m in height so thinking of introducing the scrog next weekend instead dependant on rate of growth but if the last two days is anything to go by its quite probable, these pics were taken yesterday as I took them out to rearrange and damage report, starting to fill

image19400.jpeg
image19401.jpeg
image19402.jpeg
image19403.jpeg
image19404.jpeg
image19405.jpeg

One of the sunblasters blew today also, thankfully I had an old kicking about but I think it's probs running at 50% so new one needed before flower

Today is week 5 day 1 of veg. As I have now been spending so much time in the grow area it's hard to tell how fast they growing, if I'm honest I still think they are suffering the tail end of the supercrop, although have responded well to the trim up, if they haven't got much taller they definitely got wider.

managed to get a photo as soon as the lights turned on before the hps properly kicks in, hence the sleeping leaves

image19423.jpeg
image19424.jpeg

They are are between 12.5" to 15" tall at the moment, Hoping to flip 12/12 next week but might give them an extra week as they have taken a while to recover property, is there an optimum height for the scrog net? These are meant to get about 2m but hopefully with the lst, topping, and scrog I can keep them about a 1-1.5 as I only have 2m in grow height and that includes light!

This was taken today, had a shift around of the girls and put the smallest one's in the middle, tubes are is about 28" away from the tops of the plants,
image19425.jpeg

broken branch is coming on, although debating taking it as a cutting?? as the snap was quite brutal I would imagine she is focusing a lot of energy on healing and feeding it, which might be more beneficial on the tops.. I know nothing of cutting and clones so a bit of reading is needed first..

image19421.jpeg

Also anyone ever had this? I know when a plant matures it alternates its branch patten out of symmetry but this girl has one branch doing it and has been since it sprouted? The rest is still in sym? Plus side? multiple bud spots
image19422.jpeg

Also this? What is this?? I thought it was a ball? maybe a male? But elsewhere on the plant shows female.. Could be just a growth? Any info much appreciated
image19419.jpeg

Going to leave them alone for a full week now just a feed and top up with rainwater, they are drinking a litre and a half every other day.. the biggest is taking 2l.

So I think one of the feminised seeds has turned into a herm?? That little ball thing in the photo I pulled off today and split it open, full of mini bannana' s? Yet I'm still in veg mode? Gutted. Iv pulled it out, I know I'm not in the flower stage but I'm not taking any chances. First time a feminised as ever done that to me, and off Dutch passion? They are due a feed so will inspect them them all in a mo. A bad day in the man cave indeed

Back
Top Bottom