Glueberry OG, New Kid On The Block, DP

half way through week 5.
My scrog net turned up yesterday, i'v never tried a scrog before as I have always lst'd instead so quite excited to see the results and have a go.
I'v used 2"x 2" scrog screen from eBay at a tenner also I bought home timber from work, I just left screws half sticking out to catch the scrog screen, got it super tight to.
image19432.jpeg

Girls are about 14"-16" in height from soil, I put the scrog height at 12" from soil
image19433.jpeg

Flat canopy, lights 28" from screen.
image19434.jpeg

Now, please bear in mind Iv never done this before..I hope this looks right?
My plan was to train the main stem to come up directly the light as that is the closets distance from tops to light.. Which brings me to a question.. During the first two weeks of the 12/12 light cycle do I carry them on under the scrog whilst they stretch out then let the turn up?? Or.. Fill up the screen, let them turn up and then begin light cycle?

image19435.jpeg
image19436.jpeg

Hopefully by tomorrow the leaves will be facing up.

Following along now if thats cool :)

For sure man, hopefully it will be be a pleasant journey :high-five: any tips greatly apreaciated as I'm growing blind now.

quick update whilst on, stripped all their bottom leaves off yesterday, the girls are naked from the screen down..
Tucking and positioning is harder than expected..and longer.. I seem to be trying really hard to find the best runs and positions to really maximise the light the light penatration.. Slight mild o.c.d about it all to be honest, I'll post a pic update when they come on later.

the experience of growing new strains keeps me coming back for more lol. like a Scottish whiskey connoisseur. i grow out good variety's to make room for new. there isn't enough time to find all my favorites but i`am happy gardening. Oh not good with heat issues just come through that period, its warming up nicely here in UK. regards

For sure man, hopefully it will be be a pleasant journey :high-five: any tips greatly apreaciated as I'm growing blind now.

quick update whilst on, stripped all their bottom leaves off yesterday, the girls are naked from the screen down..
Tucking and positioning is harder than expected..and longer.. I seem to be trying really hard to find the best runs and positions to really maximise the light the light penatration.. Slight mild o.c.d about it all to be honest, I'll post a pic update when they come on later.

Im on my first grow in 10 years and i have forgotten most, but I'm researching and reminding myself and aiming to prevail - i hope you do too... Everything looks good to me! sucks about the hermi

the experience of growing new strains keeps me coming back for more lol. like a Scottish whiskey connoisseur. i grow out good variety's to make room for new. there isn't enough time to find all my favorites but i`am happy gardening. Oh not good with heat issues just come through that period, its warming up nicely here in UK. regards

Me also, and your right, with so many new strains coming out you could never grow them all.. I love the growing just as much as smoking, it's always a sad day when they are due the chop- not sure what part of the u.k you are from but the part I'm from its been nothing but rain.. was hoping to do an outdoor grow this year so hopefully by the end of the month will be better weather

Im on my first grow in 10 years and i have forgotten most, but I'm researching and reminding myself and aiming to prevail - i hope you do too... Everything looks good to me! sucks about the hermi

There is a little bit of irony here haha I'm the same, I grew a lot in my early 20's now I'm 30 and everything I learned is rusty haha I read stuff and I'm like I already knew that... Still very much a noob though.. like to try a Dwc scrog at some point but thought id better get some practice in the whole scrogging scene, your right about the hermi mind, such a shame as s/he looked like a good plant.. never had that off fem seeds though.. perhaps a combination of a cold night and broken limbs.. iv topped a few of other girls now though so hopefully isn't missed too much

BrokenBranch what kind of variety's were you growing back then? No i`ve never had hermi from female either what a bummer two days work shot to pieces as they say. uk i`am lake district lol plenty rain need boat if keeps up. I grew autos near end of last year in me shed with perspex roof and 0ne of them got bud rot ahrrrrrrrr i burnt it on garden fire at night. i hope to do them earlier this year maybe end of May. i would like to do gorilla outside but got to keep out of the spotlight. even if it was legal it would end up being stolen by someone who dosnt like gardening lol. coming along. regards

I was just getting a feel what seed company's were good so tried to get as many in the tent as possible. The ones I remember most are jack Hera, she was a peach my favourite to date. Blue widow, white widow, humbolt.. It's been a few years now though so with out going through my order history I have a hard time to remember them all. Bad times on the bud rot, had that a few times too with outdoor.. Pain in the ass. Not tried autos outside as back then there was no such thing! I was thinking the same though with autos in May, by July there getting max hours of light and they are nearly ready, winner winner chicken dinner. Haha hopefully our laws will change soon and there will be a plant in everyone's garden so there will be no need to hide

I think I'm on week 6 day 1 of veg

So I'm seriously debating giving the girls the flip.. I only have about another two foot of light height.. Thinking keep them under for the next 1.5 weeks and then let them turn up? The under growth has reached the underside of the net and tbh the main stems are all but where I want them.. Any input greatly appreciated otherwise I'm doing it tomorrow, see what you think..
image19455.jpeg
image19456.jpeg
image19457.jpeg
image19453.jpeg

I'm leaving a space out for broken branch too.. She is about 4" from the net..

she will come up directly under the light so will be interesting to see what she does in flower..
image19454.jpeg

Got a serious knuckle forming, she is hardy I'll give her that..

Girls are drinking lots now.. Feeding them 5litres and then another 1.5 the day after to which I miss a day and then feed another 5 litres.. I reaction through the 1st month of flower it will will be nearly a gallon a day.. This coco stuff takes a bit of getting used too but they are feeding more than ones Iv had in soil before, also Iv started adding a bit of Ionic boost to their feed just in prep for the flip.. About to do it now.. Love this part. Peace

Week 7.
Day 5 of flower

Girls had a feed yesterday morning with some ionic bloom and boost, they are looking fairly healthy atm although on reflection a thicker scrog net would have been a better shout, it's quite easy to damage the smaller new growth trying to tuck and weave with the thin nylon scrog screen, as they have gotten bigger i'v notice little rips and tears, although maximum light penetration so I guess swings and roundabouts?

Got a few days left of training on the right hand side but the left hand side is really picking up the pace.. I wonder if it is due to being next to duct that brings the fresh air in.. Or fresh co2 I should say?.. maybe different pheno's as the middle plant is short and thick with so much compact growth.. Or a combination of both.
image19470.jpeg
image19474.jpeg

Stems are now chunky bits of wood, notice the difference in the first lateral branches from the lst and supercrop.. It's like it's on the steroids, hopefully her buds are too
image19473.jpeg
image19471.jpeg

New growth in the middles loving the extra light
image19474.jpeg

Basking
image19475.jpeg
image19469.jpeg

I caught them this morning just as they hit lights out, noticed a slight light leak from where a pulley hadn't been pulled tight.. So far so good

Week 8:
Week1 of flower, day 1:

So pretty much all the growth is above the net now, a few fan leaves remain below the net but the stems have turned up and started the stretch, Iv stopped tucking and weaving, now I'm just helping the new growth through. hopefully with the early lst and the scrog they don't get two high.. I have about another 32 inches of height I can raise the light in the tent so fingers crossed.

image19478.jpeg

image19479.jpeg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image19480.jpeg[/

Fairly even canopy but the left side is defiantly more fuller.. Looking forward to the next 2 months for sure.
[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image19477.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom