Oh okay, I looked again and I have the smaller bits! So I’ll just sprinkle some over the soil!

I was going to add my dry nutes to the soil as well. Do you think adding both would be okay? Or should I do one or the other?
I will sometimes put a pinch or two of "Bits" on the top of the soil and often top dress the same day or within a few days. As long as there is some soil moisture the Bits release the bacteria that helps to kill off the Fungus Gnat larvae and the soil microorganisms digest and release nutrient in the top dressing.

52A4982A-AD0F-45C4-A798-1969CF74D9DF.jpeg
59930ABE-BA98-4872-BD82-6E492A0A6FCA.jpeg

UPDATE: The plants are looking a lot better and some buds have even begun to flower!

Super excited to see its progress but still having trouble with the gnats, haven’t watered in a while it feels.

Looking great VC,

growing thru a window is a limiting factor, because of the glass much of the usable light is reflected away from the plant. Not saying you can’t grow a plant - just that’s it’s really hard to grow dense nugs with indirect light. What is food for a plant? Their main source of energy is photons…yep it’s light…!

presoak bits for 24 hours in water to activate your water, dump any used bits on top of soil. Bottom watering or soak style watering can help keep top of soil dry yet plant & soil stay hydrated. If you try bottom watering or soak deal then hold it so your plant wont tip over.

a fan gently moving air near soil line will do 2 things… if they can’t land - they can’t lay eggs and air movement will strengthen main stem. Hang a few sticky traps above plant, they like to fly thru warm air so it catches the flyers. fungus gnats can smell wet decaying soil, so they find our indoor plants with ease

welcome to 420!

e5fb2c3e-c6cf-4e00-9c10-f287e26265b4-jpeg.2648188
03950E4D-B859-4DCF-A85A-62F8C4A9F86E.jpeg
3198CFF4-32C0-40DC-ADEA-FCA6C5905F04.jpeg

Hello Everyone!

Two of the three Autoflower seeds I planted have begun to flower! I am very excited to see their progress but they are small… because they were planted in small pots. I think next hero will be planted in bigger pots.

The third plant has not begun flowering and has just continued to grow and grow and grow. I do not see any pollen sacs anywhere on the plant and the plant is kept with the flowering plants under an 18/6 schedule. Do y’all know what it is? Is it just a photoperiod plant? Is it male?

Yellow sticky pads were removed and a lot of the debris was just soil from moving it around. Watered after photos are taken and have water every 2-3 days.

Any advice!?

E5FB2C3E-C6CF-4E00-9C10-F287E26265B4.jpeg

What are you feeding you plants?

Autos can theoretically have 24hrs of light.

Bigger pots are better in my opinion.

Not all autos flower at same time, I've had them weeks apart.

F them fungus gnats
Feeding autos bloom nutes but I think I might have done a little too much so I just used regular water this time.

Bigger pots are on my list for next time! These might be too small :(

Hmmm…? The plant is a lot larger than the others and has kept growing leaf after leaf and branch after branch.
Should I keep doing regular nutes instead of bloom nutes for big plant?

Yes, I used a little neem oil solution in the soil and they’re all gone!

I would keep feeding bloom if they are in flower. Make sure your pot is dry In Between watering. Roots need to be able to absorb nutrients, it's hard to do if they are always drowning. I personally like 5gal. Seems to hold a good amount of nutrients and water in between sessions. 3 gal I feel like I'm watering all the time. Even though I don't. I wait until the pot feels light and you see the leaves drop just every so slightly. You will know when you see it.

If one of your plants doesn't seem ready for flower, it could be stunted a bit. I just had an out flower finish at 140 days of I remember correctly. But so dank it was for a little man.

Neem solution is great, use it accordingly. Make sure to always use at lights out so you don't burn the plants. Sticky cards work well also in and around the pots. Gnats are stupid.

Hmmm…? The plant is a lot larger than the others and has kept growing leaf after leaf and branch after branch.
Should I keep doing regular nutes instead of bloom nutes for big plant?
Fertilizers meant for the vegetating stage are blended for growing branches and leaves. The fertilizer mixes should be blended for flowering and will help produce larger and thicker and denser buds while maintaining the leaves that have already grown.

They are your plants in your house so it is up to you. I would keep the one going with 'grow' fertilizers until the first pistils/stigmas show and then make the switch.

No way to tell if it’s auto or photo by looking at the plant other than photos should not be in flower at week 3… To determine gender we need close up pics of the nodes, where they join main stem

yes use regular veg nutes on the big plant that is not in flower yet
I took some updated pictures and I may see one or two pistol at the top but for the most part, all leaves. The plant had outgrown the small grow tent I made and had to build another with PVC pipe. I took pics of the nodes, stem, and leaves of the plant.

Please let me know what this plant is… is it a photoperiod? Is it male? Last night I watered and threw in a small amount of veg nutes.

ALSO threw in some pictures of my small flowering babies. I love them but the buds are pretty small:( I plan to use bigger pots and grow either outdoor or with better lights.
958EAB4B-B887-48F8-ADF3-80F4C66A62FB.jpeg
A4AFC7E8-AAA2-438F-8096-52A1AE50E71D.jpeg
E6AD136E-862A-41F8-BB35-E372A4774D30.jpeg
2E6675E7-D805-4829-A896-D57527EDE80C.jpeg
0ADC2995-AB24-4A86-B87A-5653DF4C5967.jpeg
ECA7C4AF-5CD2-455A-BC64-FB44748381B8.jpeg

Everything I see looks female. The first and third pics show a female in preflower, As said, no way to tell if it's an auto or a photo, except, that if it's in flower at 3-6 weeks and on a 16/8 schedule, you can be pretty sure it's an auto. If those were popped Dec 20, they should all be in pretty deep flowering mode, so you could have some photos mixed in.

Back
Top Bottom