Granddaddy Purple

PlumberSoCal

Granddaddy Purple
20230223_120141.jpg

The one and only GDP

Awesome plant and smoke. Thanks to Ken Estes back in the early 2000's this strain hit California hard. It's all I heard about for months and then I had me some. Scored an eight and savored every last hit. I was in love🥰 Northern Lights was still my #1 but these grapes and berries were something real special too.

Pure indica, couch lock for most but for some of us who know it well and need some relief of constant pain she's our daytime, our go-to strain and unless you're growing it you'll never get enough.

I never tire of smoking this bud and I always seem to have it growing. I can smoke it for weeks on end and still enjoy its wonderful taste and high.

I've grown a lot of strains through the decades but this one will always be in my garden. I can't recommend it enough❤

Get some seeds and enjoy this one🥰

boy u Luv Dat gran daddy purp. That's what Hector used to say to me when I'd meet him in the bowling ally parking lot to buy an OZ. I think that was back in 2010. I did get a few seeds an got 1 to grow. somewhere on here is a journal of it, not sure what my username was then have this 1 pic. Looks a lot different than yours, it was photo tho

IMG_20211205_080202862.jpg

When I was delivering for a dispensary we had a few different strains come through of the grape variety.

1) Granddaddy Purple
2) Purple Cadillac
3) Purple Urkle
4) Grape Ape

I do agree that Grandaddy Purple had the most intense grape taste, and the buzz wrapped around me like a warm blanket. Truly a strain one needs to experience, and I am glad I had a chance to.

Lovely looking plant you got there by the way.

boy u Luv Dat gran daddy purp. That's what Hector used to say to me when I'd meet him in the bowling ally parking lot to buy an OZ. I think that was back in 2010. I did get a few seeds an got 1 to grow. somewhere on here is a journal of it, not sure what my username was then have this 1 pic. Looks a lot different than yours, it was photo tho

That's a beautiful plant! I've watched my green pheno, both m and f do this with purple flowers but never blue like that one. Thanks for sharing😘

god dammit, is it real color? Or just a filter? ive never seen blue flowers :oops:

Been quite a while since I grew and smoked this. I found it could be trippy and the high was not couch lock for me. More balanced. I take down plants as soon as I see the resin start to turn cloudy. Some of the pistils can be white. Helps keep the high upbeat.

When I was delivering for a dispensary we had a few different strains come through of the grape variety.

1) Granddaddy Purple
2) Purple Cadillac
3) Purple Urkle
4) Grape Ape

I do agree that Grandaddy Purple had the most intense grape taste, and the buzz wrapped around me like a warm blanket. Truly a strain one needs to experience, and I am glad I had a chance to.

Lovely looking plant you got there by the way.
Where would I get pure Indica seeds? Do they have them here in the USA?

@Stargazer32862

Check out our sponsors page. There are at least a few seed banks in there that deliver to your door step. Are they in the US? I think the jury is out on that one still. Discreet delivery and if they are a sponsor here they have at least proven themselves to be reputable.

If unsure where that sponsors page is...

It's at the top left of our home page in the "hamburger menu". The 3 horizontal lines...looking thingy. Click on that and go to sponsors.

Can I say "sponsors" a few more times here? 🤣

Now I know why everyone keeps pointing me to Herbies Seeds. All of the seed banks in one place. Cool. I will book mark that and keep it as a reference for when i move to Illinois. That will be the only place that I can afford so far. And if everyone is wondering what I can afford....it is like this. I have until the fall of 2027 to save up what i can for a down payment (I'm hoping on $20k as a down payment on $50k home with a basement) that way my combined payment, insurance, and property taxes is no more than $500 a month and that will give me a backyard to have a garden, and a basement to grow my own pain reliever for osteoarthritis and diverticulosis and degeneritive disk disease. And maybe some left over for a few groceries and ultilities. Transportation will have to be a scooter or bicycle. I won't be able to afford a car. As long as I have a way to the store and back, I don't care.

@Stargazer32862

I am beyond excited to hear of your plan to move and take matters in to your own hands. A basement grow would be awesome for you to get the medicine you need. There are a ton of growers here that would love to help you along the way. That's what this community is all about.

I'm hoping to settle in Harrisburg, IL. They have plenty of old houses that are in good enough shape to qualify for an FHA loan. And cheap enough for me to make the required mortgage payments, etc. Illinois seems to be the only state that still has cheap housing that doesn't require your house to appear on wheels first.

I bought Ken's original Grand Daddy purple seeds about ten years ago and selfed one of the plants I liked it so much. :) Here's one of the S1s:

Leaning towards skunky, but still has that good grape smell.

Back
Top Bottom