Granddaddy Purple

I bought Ken's original Grand Daddy purple seeds about ten years ago and selfed one of the plants I liked it so much. :) Here's one of the S1s:

Leaning towards skunky, but still has that good grape smell.
Very nice!! I love the frosty look. How do you get it to sprout roots from just a clone?

@Stargazer32862

With a photoperiod plant you can cut a branch and place it in a medium (soil, vermiculite, sphagnum peat moss or other media) and keep it moist and it will root if the environmental factors are kept just right. Growers (myself included) have done this to keep a certain plant growing. This "clone" is used to take more clones from and continue to grow the same plant over and over. I kept bonsais going for a few years this way of a couple CBD strains.

It's a touch more complicated than explained. Like...

Where to cut the branch
Keep wet while getting to planting it
Dip in hormone
Temp to maintain for rooting
To mist or not to mist

I did my cloning in popsicle forms with vermiculite and almost had 100% rooting success. They say in water and wicked. They also sat above some PLL lights which maintained good temps. Those same lights were used to keep my bonsais going. 🤔 I got a thread around here somewhere explaining my method.

@Stargazer32862

With a photoperiod plant you can cut a branch and place it in a medium (soil, vermiculite, sphagnum peat moss or other media) and keep it moist and it will root if the environmental factors are kept just right. Growers (myself included) have done this to keep a certain plant growing. This "clone" is used to take more clones from and continue to grow the same plant over and over. I kept bonsais going for a few years this way of a couple CBD strains.

It's a touch more complicated than explained. Like...

Where to cut the branch
Keep wet while getting to planting it
Dip in hormone
Temp to maintain for rooting
To mist or not to mist

I did my cloning in popsicle forms with vermiculite and almost had 100% rooting success. They say in water and wicked. They also sat above some PLL lights which maintained good temps. Those same lights were used to keep my bonsais going. 🤔 I got a thread around here somewhere explaining my method.
Is there an online website that sells this stuff? A little about my background. Granddaughter of a sharecropper. My mom learned gardening the old-fashioned way. Seed+Fertile Soil+Water+Sunshine. Plus a compost pile for later gardening. All of this new stuff seems complicated.:oops:

I took two clones from the same female plant, treated one with silver thiosulphate to turn it male, and pollinated the second clone for seeds.
See what I mean? I would have to go back to college and get a degree in horticulture just to learn how to make a clone. The landrace/original/heirloom seeds are getting more and more rare. Everyone wants to hybridize, 50/50, 60/40, etc. I just want good, old-fashioned Indica for pain and maybe some medicine if my cancer comes back.

I bought the STS solution premade and just sprayed one of the plants once a day (I think) for a period of a few weeks (2-4?). And I just cut a branch (or small stem) off a plant, stick the branch in a small pot of soil, and place that pot underneath the shade of a full size plant to make clones (no rooting compounds).
The likely reason every single one of these GDP S1 plants looks different is that the mother plant was f1 (probably) and not landrace, original, or heirloom. In other words, the mother was unstable to work with.

I'm
20200909_185829.jpg

This was my clone/root/flower set up. They don't sell this kind of thing, nor would anyone buy it. 🤣

@Stargazer32862

Not a site selling all I used. I am a little on the janky/red neck/hill Billy side. It worked, and I wouldn't use anything else.

There are cloners out there for sale that are all one complete piece.
Hey, those hillbillies can "grow some pretty fine marijuana." That quote is by a Kentucky State Trooper from a program I watched about illegal grows in Daniel Boone National Forest. Yeah, Johnny Boone produced his own strain called Kentucky Bluegrass, and that strain became very popular out west. I don't know what happened to it or Johnny Boone. I don't even know if he is still alive. But I did read the book, Cornbread Mafia. And it's too bad that cannabis is still illegal with all of the good it does.

Is there a link to the Daniel Boone forest video? Sounds interesting but I saw nothing on youtube.
I watched it many moons ago when my kids were still little back in the 1980s. I think I watched it on KET. Sorry, I can't be more help.

god dammit, is it real color? Or just a filter? ive never seen blue flowers :oops:
Blue in foliage + fruit is called anthocyanins. It's the same thing in blueberries. We've been growing tomatoes with antho' since at least 2010. It's a reaction to the sun. And antho' is a recessive trait. I haven't done any weed breeding since the mid-late 80's when I crossed a local Indica with a Russian Ruderal. I did a test plot in a soybean field off the beaten path. I checked them once but walking in the beans started leaving a path so I stopped. They never got taller than the soybeans and I had to wait until the beans started turning brown before I could "find" them. I took a buddy and they were as plain as day: super green against a tan/brown backdrop. Very cool pics. Thanks for showing them.
The problem with anthocyanin tomatoes is that they do not taste very good. Consequently you have to breed in flavor.

Back
Top Bottom