Green Crack CBD - Calvados 2nd - 4x4 - LED - 450W & 300W

Put my neut schedule on a spreadsheet. It looks like I started two weeks late. Idiot.

Neut_schedule.JPG

Day 47 and Day 7 of flower. Watered. These air pots are a pain in the ass to fully water. Water slops out the side. I stuck them in the shower and persevered. Aside from this I am reasonably informed that my soil is infected with mold gnats. I will get some nematode solution tomorrow and add it to my watering. I like the soil, but I think next time I'll go for the burlap type of pot.

The stretch is on. I switched out the lights to 1 Mars Hydro II 900 watt. Why? I can't help fiddling and it was £110. It's really heavy. The tent is brighter and more uniform. According to MH it's a bit to small for the tent. I asked about putting the second one in and they said it would cause damage. I don't understand why, but I'll follow what they are saying. Depending on how the plants stretch I will add one or two of the original lights at a tilt some time in the future. One more week of Veg neuts and then on to the Canna Flores.

IMG_77635.JPG

The one on the right is now a tripod. The branch I broke didn't recover well, so I performed surgery. I'm LSTing two of the branches to that side to get a more uniform distribution.

They are growing like weeds.
They are looking good :)

Did you see that post in the older growers forum where a grower covered the soil with a layer of sand to stop gnats? I've never grown is soil, so don't know if if it's a real solution or not.

DooM

Yes. Thanks. I'm thinking that these particular pots won't really work with that. They've got large holes all around. The medium is not dense. It's pretty airy, which is why you don't need perlite and I guess why bugs like it. I didn't have this problem the first time around, but then again the bag wasn't already open and sitting in my shed the first time around. This morning there were about half a dozen, but as I've discovered that doesn't mean jack. I need to kill the eggs, which eat the roots. "Nemasys Sciarid Fly Killer" looks about right. I will scour the shops for it tomorrow.

Yes. Thanks. I'm thinking that these particular pots won't really work with that. They've got large holes all around. Superoots Air Pot - The Inner Garden

The medium is not dense. It's pretty airy, which is why you don't need perlite and I guess why bugs like it. I didn't have this problem the first time around, but then again the bag wasn't already open and sitting in my shed the first time around. This morning there were about half a dozen, but as I've discovered that doesn't mean jack. I need to kill the eggs, which eat the roots. "Nemasys Sciarid Fly Killer" looks about right. I will scour the shops for it tomorrow.

:reading420magazine:Diatomaceous earth has helped me with soil pests in the past...I'm not sure if you've been introduced to that yet. It's inexpensive and very safe for humans. It will cut the bugs like walking on broken glass. It's a less chemical approach. Just sprinkle lightly also replace after watering if you top water. Your girls are doing well. Take care I'll be reading.

Hi Pharmgreen. This is my second grow. I'm new to growing anything let alone pot, so no hadn't heard of it. Thank you. I'll check it out.

:reading420magazine:Diatomaceous earth has helped me with soil pests in the past...I'm not sure if you've been introduced to that yet. It's inexpensive and very safe for humans. It will cut the bugs like walking on broken glass. It's a less chemical approach. Just sprinkle lightly also replace after watering if you top water. Your girls are doing well. Take care I'll be reading.

The gnats are not going away, so I just dosed each pot with nematodes along with weak neuts and calmag. I'm off to spread the diatomaceous earth over the top soil.

Hope its work!! My gnats still there too lol... but 2 weeks the. Its harvest time.... i think they gonna win the battle!!! Definetly last time im gonna use canna terra pro plus... thats sad bescaude i like this soilless!! Ill go whit promix hp and and ill add 20% wormcasting!!

Day 56. Day 15 of flower. Started generative period 1 on the neuts chart. Watering every 3 days (3-4 liters per pot). Added a smaller LED to better light the canopy (Platinum P300). Lights are now 18" above. Every plant is showing early flowers with the largest and tallest the most developed. I had two days of light leak. One where I forgot to close a blind, which was not so bad and another where I left the overhead light on and the upper tent flat open. That was unforgivable. Take away is to always leave the grow room as if you were not coming back. It has probably put the schedule back a week or two, but there is no way of knowing until the end stage.

Still have fruit flies. Sprayed the outside of each air pot with pesticide and sprinkled the top soil with diatomaceous earth. Don't know if they are becoming fewer or I'm just getting used to them.

Green Crack really smells. I did not have this kind of odor with Northern Lights and Supreme Kush. I ordered an intake fan, so I can close all the vents. It's not bad now, but I can only imagine in a months time.

Other than that they are all looking strong and healthy. Training the branches to the sides makes a big difference to how much light each branch is absorbing.

IMG_77748.JPG

They really liked this last round of neuts. All the bud sites are more pronounced. Some very slight evidence of burn on middle leaves. Looks perfect, so I shut the tent and will have a look tomorrow. Sometimes's its hard to leave them alone.

Added a 5" intake fan to match my 5" extractor. I'm concerned about what the smell will get to in a months time. I shut all the vents and now the tent looks like a bouncy castle. More air coming in then going out. I'm sure it doesn't hurt it, but it isn't going to keep the smell in either. I need to get a rheostat to slow the motor down and balance the in and out. I don't know why I didn't get one before. Tons more air going through the tent.

Pots were dry so I added 3 liters of PHd water to each pot. Still have gnats (mostly from one pot). I think this new airflow is going to actually do them in.

The good news is I cracked the smell puzzle !! It turns out I'm still as stupid as I look. My extractor fan was blowing air into the tent. I reversed it and miraculously their is negative pressure.

Day 61 Day 21 Flower - This plant is 8 inches taller that the other girls mostly because the 4 colas have poked well above the canopy.

IMG_77939.JPG
IMG_77949.JPG

Day 61 Day 21 Flower - I split the main stem of this plant. It has fully recovered, but I think I may have stunted her growth. She is stretching a bit.

IMG_77957.JPG
IMG_77968.JPG

Full neuts. A bit of pruning. 3 flies. Yesterday I sprayed the leaves top and bottom with soapy insecticide. Sprayed the sides and top soil with insecticide.

Things are continuing apace. I watered the larger plant with neuts. The other two can wait at least another day. Tons of bud sites and they are really popping. I asked "The Mountain - Grow Support From the Over 50 Club" about my lighting. At this point everything is about perfect. I really want to add the other Mars and get every inch out of the canopy. I was told by the manufacturer not to do it, so of course I don't believe it.

Full neuts. I'm fairly certain that the pots are now full of roots. The soil is very light, but it takes a while to water them. Couple of flies. Clipped some lower fan leaves that were looking pretty pathetic. They did yeoman work while they lasted. I thought the plants would grow much taller, but I guess the LST really takes some height away. The tallest is about 2 feet and the other two are around 18 inches. My pots sit way up, so they look taller than they are. Not much of a stretch so far on two of the girls. I guess that's good as I should be looking for an even canopy. Still going with 900 and 300 LEDs. Everything still looking very good. Another 6 weeks to go.

Switched out PlatinumLED P300 for the other Mars Hydro II 900. Both at 18" above top of canopy. So much brighter.

IMG_78077.JPG

Back
Top Bottom