Green-O-Matic Green House Seeds

I dont know if this is the problem but I will say it and you can decide if it is true or not. Here we can help each other a lot.
The soil I used is a mix of perlite-vermiculite-and peat moss. It seems to me that the soil is to soft,( fluffy) :)) and the water drains too easy I have to water everyday. Anyway I think that this is why the plants grew so tall and they did not concentrate on producing buds but I hope now that they will start to focus more on the buds and in 2-3 weeks I will be almost ready :)

Well carlos, looks very nice.
Smaller containers can be a bit more difficult for buffering water, specially when the soil cant hold it for too long.

I wouldnt worry much about the flowering part, just let the plants do their thing and listen to them, then they'll give you a good result. They can still finish quite quickly in the last 2 weeks, gaining a lot of weight.
If you have about 5 or more weeks to go untill harvest you can still transplant to a larger container.
A good tip i read here, and very much true; wet soil can hold more water than dry soil.

I dont know if this is the problem but I will say it and you can decide if it is true or not. Here we can help each other a lot.
The soil I used is a mix of perlite-vermiculite-and peat moss. It seems to me that the soil is to soft,( fluffy) :)) and the water drains too easy I have to water everyday. Anyway I think that this is why the plants grew so tall and they did not concentrate on producing buds but I hope now that they will start to focus more on the buds and in 2-3 weeks I will be almost ready :)

Hey there carols,
The potting soil Im using is also pretty soft,drains pretty fast...
I think I read somewhere that the harder packed soil keeps plants from getting to tall,or keeps internodes short?
Fluffy soil has always worked good for me,and yes I think plant do grow faster in soil like this,mine grew fast as shit in the last week let me tell ya...
Today will be the first day of LST for the other 2 plants,they just got to tall to quick!:tokin::grinjoint:

Well carlos, looks very nice.
Smaller containers can be a bit more difficult for buffering water, specially when the soil cant hold it for too long.

I wouldnt worry much about the flowering part, just let the plants do their thing and listen to them, then they'll give you a good result. They can still finish quite quickly in the last 2 weeks, gaining a lot of weight.
If you have about 5 or more weeks to go untill harvest you can still transplant to a larger container.
A good tip i read here, and very much true; wet soil can hold more water than dry soil.

If I listen to what the seed company says I would have about 2-3 weeks left till harvest but I will know for sure in about 2 weeks.If not I will leave them 1-2 weeks extra. Anyway thank you for the written support it helps me a lot.
:Namaste:

Hey there carols,
The potting soil Im using is also pretty soft,drains pretty fast...
I think I read somewhere that the harder packed soil keeps plants from getting to tall,or keeps internodes short?
Fluffy soil has always worked good for me,and yes I think plant do grow faster in soil like this,mine grew fast as shit in the last week let me tell ya...
Today will be the first day of LST for the other 2 plants,they just got to tall to quick!:tokin::grinjoint:

I guess you are wright about the soil. Your grow looks nice. I am curious how your gom grows.

Resp

They kinda look like urs did on one of ur updates,except mine are way shorter!
I dont think it could have been "just" the pot size that made urs stretch like that...
Maybe the light? Maybe the hps from the begining would have kept them a bit shorter?
I used 2700K bulbs from the begining,for practicly every grow and they have all been short ect...idk,just guessing:p

You can't go by the seed company recommended flowering time. Those are just rough estimates. You just have to let the girls develop and chop them when they are ready. Sometimes that means waiting an extra week or two over the recommended time frame. I've grown some auto's before and mine usually take longer also. Hope this helps

Nicely said HempRocket... :thumb:

MV... :popcorn:

They kinda look like urs did on one of ur updates,except mine are way shorter!
I dont think it could have been "just" the pot size that made urs stretch like that...
Maybe the light? Maybe the hps from the begining would have kept them a bit shorter?
I used 2700K bulbs from the begining,for practicly every grow and they have all been short ect...idk,just guessing:p

This could be true as well. I guess that for the next grow I will try in one close directly with HPS light. But it depends on how many buds I get this time...I will have to wait I guess

Plants as far as i think are only stretchy when they have small stems, and even then they still can have huge heavy buds and big leaves in a healthy looking canopy. But not naturally, you need to feed enzymes mostly.

If plants are stretchy, long inter-node and thin stems with usually thin and shorter side branches, then there's something wrong. Usually no big leaves either.
These plants you have are thick and have thick side branches, leaves are of a good size and canopy is healthy (no too thin, not too dense). So they probably are feeling well, growing so tall.

I have totally no experience with autoflowers, i thought normally they don't grow too tall.
Normally it would at least take about 6-7 weeks for the flowers to form, thicken, ripe and finish.
Maybe that's 5-6 weeks for autoflower?
Autoflowers normally do have lower yields than regular average quantity pumping strains (WW, Nothren lights, AK-47, Powerplant).
So you can also choose regular strains, some genetics like, kush, afghan, AK can finish quite quickly and can give you better yield per plant normally than autoflower would give you as far as I know.
Also i think when growing autoflower it's good to put more plants together in the room for higher yield because they don't keep on growing. You cant veg them for a while and when they are big enough flower them.

Plants as far as i think are only stretchy when they have small stems, and even then they still can have huge heavy buds and big leaves in a healthy looking canopy. But not naturally, you need to feed enzymes mostly.

If plants are stretchy, long inter-node and thin stems with usually thin and shorter side branches, then there's something wrong. Usually no big leaves either.
These plants you have are thick and have thick side branches, leaves are of a good size and canopy is healthy (no too thin, not too dense). So they probably are feeling well, growing so tall.

I have totally no experience with autoflowers, i thought normally they don't grow too tall.
Normally it would at least take about 6-7 weeks for the flowers to form, thicken, ripe and finish.
Maybe that's 5-6 weeks for autoflower?
Autoflowers normally do have lower yields than regular average quantity pumping strains (WW, Nothren lights, AK-47, Powerplant).
So you can also choose regular strains, some genetics like, kush, afghan, AK can finish quite quickly and can give you better yield per plant normally than autoflower would give you as far as I know.
Also i think when growing autoflower it's good to put more plants together in the room for higher yield because they don't keep on growing. You cant veg them for a while and when they are big enough flower them.

Well 2 of the 20 autos did not flower so I cut them down because they were only taking light and space away.
Here are some pics too...

This is the grow room with the tall plants.What do you think?

25032011044.JPG
25032011043.JPG
25032011042.JPG

I think I see flowers. :)
Looks to me they should at least take some weeks, if not 4 or 5. Looks like the taller ones are a bit ahead of the shorter ones.
If rooms are equal you could divide plants equally amongst 2 rooms, to average yields of plants. You could put shorter plants further apart from each other. You can compare their growing and preflowering behavior with their sisters, this way you can guess if those plants will also remain stretching to increase mass to support flowers.
Flowering time and grow behavior can vary a lot between plants, sometimes a week or more, specially when using seedlings.
Looking great, I would just give the shortlings a bit more space from each other, if there is still height growth left in them, or divide plants equally when rooms are the same, take a few short "tall ones" into the shorty room. Can take with smaller flowers.
You could also separate the plants by flowering age for each room, but can be difficult, specially when you dont know the strain. Usually the plants ahead are taller and have bigger flowers, more pistels, bigger leaves, etc, sometimes also growth decreasing. Different color of pistels and buds, the greener they are, the younger, then becomes white, then becomes brown/orange....usually. Strains. :)

And here is the grow room with the smaller plants
25032011046.JPG
25032011045.JPG

Wow carlos,
Gorgeous pics!
They look beautiful,lots of them are full of nice buds!
The taller ones are pretty tall but they do look great,nice update!
I would defently be happy if I was you,and u do know thise buds are going to get way thicker right,in 2 more weeks ect!
Great looking plants though dude!:tokin:

Well I just checked out ur girls again to compare to my green-o-matics and u defently should be happy:) They do look great carlos!
There could have been many reason for them getting tall ect,but I wouldent worry to much about it cuz the are flowering real nice and they look very healthy,so I think most would be happy with their progress...
Mine are defently a ways away from flowering as much as urs,but there starting,lol...
My one good green-o-matic has alittle bud forming on the top,and has hairs on every branch,must be 4-5 days ahead of the other green and diavolo...atleast,
But this green-o-matic strain has impressed me big time,they realy are throw and go seeds,and have a feeling just about anyone could get a respectable harvest from them just by plnting and watering when there thirsty,lol...
We will find out I guess:) :tokin:

Today I checked the plants as well and I discovered all over the plants where the nodes are small sacks (only 1) on every nod , and I thought that fuck this could be hermys now till I looked better and saw that out of each sack grow white hair :))) But it felt like a punch in the face at a fist look.

Today I checked the plants as well and I discovered all over the plants where the nodes are small sacks (only 1) on every nod , and I thought that fuck this could be hermys now till I looked better and saw that out of each sack grow white hair :))) But it felt like a punch in the face at a fist look.

wow dude,that would defently scare me!
Im glad u saw the white hairs,few!!! :p
That could have been a nightmare to see with all ur plants but glad its just the girls playing games with you,hehe:) :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom