Greenie's Aero Bubblegum First Grow 2011

so sorry, I left that out... 400 sq ft of space. Not sure about going in the ceiling, they are vaulted... as in not a lot of space in between the roof of the inside and out... but still, at least a foot or two? and of course the "run of the house" would be there too... thoughts, definitely an option. I will call my bro, he is an HVAC guy, lives in another state (damnit) but the telephone will do for now! thanks again! :)

what do you mean heat exchanged every 15 minutes? Am I supposed to be turning the fan on and off?

Bro said do NOT vent into the rafters, can cause "black mold" ? I have a few weeks before the BIG lights go on my girlies. So... I will be thinking hard to what I should do. Roll me one, helps me think :p

so sorry, I left that out... 400 sq ft of space. Not sure about going in the ceiling, they are vaulted... as in not a lot of space in between the roof of the inside and out... but still, at least a foot or two? and of course the "run of the house" would be there too... thoughts, definitely an option. I will call my bro, he is an HVAC guy, lives in another state (damnit) but the telephone will do for now! thanks again! :)

what do you mean heat exchanged every 15 minutes? Am I supposed to be turning the fan on and off?

Bro said do NOT vent into the rafters, can cause "black mold" ? I have a few weeks before the BIG lights go on my girlies. So... I will be thinking hard to what I should do. Roll me one, helps me think :p

Your Bro will be a much better resource than I!

It's not about replacing the heat, it's about exchanging the air. For example, if your room was 2'x4'x6', it would be 48 cubic feet. If your fan was rated at 240 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it would replace all the air in the room 5 times every minute (240/48=5) or every 12 seconds.

It's stagnant air that promotes mold, so you want to make sure your fan is capable of replacing all the air in the room every 15 minutes.

So, multiply the 400 square feet by the height of your ceilings to get the cubic feet, then divide that by 15 and that will give you the minimum needed CFM of the fan (to exchange every 15 minutes).

Then, you need to make sure the fan is installed in a way where the airflow is not restricted so it can actually achieve the needed CFM for air exchange. So, things like having a carbon filter attached, or reducing the duct size, etc. will all effect the actual CFM of the fan.

Ok , gotcha. The fan will work on the room, the vent however... I'll figure that one out lol :)
thanks for the math/ advice ! LOL I didn't know what that meant exactly.

No problem! Just don't let me confuse you even more, so if you still have questions, just ask! :thumb:

Day 14..
Day14_11.jpg

Day14_21.jpg

Day14_31.jpg
Day14_3_finger_length.jpg
Day14_3_roots.jpg

Here are some photos of a wound on #3 Bubblegum girlie. I have some pinched nerves in my back, degenerative disc disease... doc says I have the bones of a 60 year old, and I'm not even close to that age!! (divide in half or so...)
so, I was checking on my girlies, and my back spasms, and I fall, knocked the light down and on TOP of my girls (this was in the first days of their young lives... ) And I wounded #3, she had a serious "bend" in her tiny little stalk :(
So, I gave her a crutch and hoped for the best. It looks like she has healed nicely, the pictures really did not come out well.
SANY00801.JPG
3_wound.jpg
SANY00791.JPG
SANY00671.JPG

In previous photos, the green plant tape kept her wound hidden. So glad she survived, she was bent over in a L shape, it was not pretty!

Update: temp @ 79, humidity only 49. I am trying to get the humidity highter in a cheap way. I added some wet hand towels. Should help. I will be changing them out often. Don't want stinky towels near my girlies :)
IMHO i think you're HumIdity is just fine at 49. All my veg humidities have been around 40-50 and they do just fine. At this point shes on her way, you know? I mean u can keep putting the towels in there if you want, but I'm saying it should be fine as is and you can put your efforts into another area.

Haha if i were a pirate id be growing some large monsters in a personal greenhouse on the poopdeck, and my sail wouldalways be folded so as not to bloack the light haha. Honestly I'm a younger guy, who just quit my job as a fast food manager. I remember doing many impressions including pirates, englishmen, and texans, all through the drive-thru. Good times!

Ahh, look at those roots.

1_root.jpg

2_root.jpg

3_root.jpg

I made the mistake of not putting #3 back in her "spot" yesterday, and she dried towards the top... but her roots took off at the bottom. I may have stunted her? don't know yet, but she's looking healthy. I see the "fishbone" roots now with her. The camera would not focus on exactly where I wanted it to, but hopefully you can see it?? :love: The girlies!

edit: I put #3 back down where she should be. She'll be happy about the relocation. I won't be removing her again from her home. Girls are way too emotional to mess with! (me included) hehe

Back
Top Bottom