Greenislands 5 Gallon Upgrade Ebb & Gro TEK

Welcome back and congrats on the baby, been their done that with the changing and no sleep. Plants look wonderful. Amazing buds... Great job + rep

WELCOME BACK BROTHER!!! I've been wodering how things are going w/ you. I'm very very glad to see everything is all good. And congrats on the newborn. Life is a blessing. +rep on all things going on in your life brother. May you and your family be blessed!

Happy New Daddydom! I just finished my first year... kind of like being a freshman again, but I'm never going to graduate.

It's a lot of work, but you know how to raise a good garden, and it's not that much different. Except for the poop - that comes out instead of going in. :rofl:

Good looking plants there brother! +reps

I really hope noone buys this...at least not if this is correct:

Large LCD display

Cumulative Killowatt-Hour Monitor

Forecast Your Costs

Also display Volts, Amps, Watts, Hz, VA

0.2% Accuracy

....sounds like that are not too accurate:peace:
Hi Dave, They might mean accurate within .2%. Stated differently, 99.8% accurate. Unfortunately, I don't have one of these but I will probably buy one at some point in the next year. I've heard good things about them and I'm a gadget geek.

yo greenisland read your threads great job u def grow some sweet buds +rep
the pics of your wifey makes those buds look even better the 1 s n the finished thread
congrats on the baby

Actually no, in not using ro. I should be though. And I'm running 3800watts and I think it contributes to about 300 on the electric bill every month. Sometimes even as much as 400. Sorry my response is so short. I'm in Colorado in meetings until tommarrow so in responding on my blackberry. Its no fun and very slow. Lol. I hope tohave more pics up soon. Thx guys.

Ok so I drew this picture real quick to try and help illustate how the ebb and gro set works. There is a 55 gallon reservoir that holds most of the water most of the time. There is also a control module that has a timer attatched to it and a couple float valves that can tell where the water level is in the control bucket. There is a pump inside the reservoir and there is a pump in the control bucket. The control bucket is plumbed into all the plant sites (3gallon buckets) so that everytime the control bucket fills up with water it levels out with all the other plant buckets and fills them up with water just the same as the control bucket. The control modules timer only turns the pump in the big reservoir on for 15 min every 4-5 hours. And then after 15 minutes the pump in the control module turns on and empties al the water back into the reservoir from the control module. Main thing to keep in mind is that where ever the water level is in the control bucket is exactly where the water level will be in the plant sites/buckets. Heres a pic that might help you visualize it better. Let me know oif you have any more questions. Hope this helps man!

100_1208_-_Copy.jpg

Does the control bucket fill and just gav flow to all the bucket. then the pump in the control pulls the over flow out to the main tank right? so this would involve timing of the timers on the the pumps then to the right amount out? I am I close here?

Does the control bucket fill and just gav flow to all the bucket. then the pump in the control pulls the over flow out to the main tank right? so this would involve timing of the timers on the the pumps then to the right amount out? I am I close here?

Okay I reread the above sorry! I think I understand a bit better now, what do the float valves do again? what are they attached to?

The float valves are attached to the "control module" I had to extend the wires and make a new "control bucket" to suit the size of the 5 gallon buckets. The floats let the control module know when to stop the pump so the buckets don't overflow. And when its "emptying the buckets" it lets the control module know when the water level has gotten low so you don't burn up the pumps. And the third and middle float lets the control module know when to turn the pump on again because the water level has gotten high enough to pump it out.

I just realized that I have a Picture in the plant of the month contest here at 420magazine. Check it out here VOTE FOR GREENISLAND OR OTHERS

I have some good pictures coming for all of you soon! Thanks for stopping by!

The float valves are attached to the "control module" I had to extend the wires and make a new "control bucket" to suit the size of the 5 gallon buckets. The floats let the control module know when to stop the pump so the buckets don't overflow. And when its "emptying the buckets" it lets the control module know when the water level has gotten low so you don't burn up the pumps. And the third and middle float lets the control module know when to turn the pump on again because the water level has gotten high enough to pump it out.

I just realized that I have a Picture in the plant of the month contest here at 420magazine. Check it out here VOTE FOR GREENISLAND OR OTHERS

I have some good pictures coming for all of you soon! Thanks for stopping by!

So the control module has relay switches built in to it, and the connect points for the 3 different floats right, that control the 3 levels, so with out the control module the system can't work, right? what was your cost on the module?

Yes, that is correct. The control modules come with two pumps and the bucket, however in order to remove the float valves from the bucket you have to cut the wires. The control bucket costs around $320 I believe. You can find them on sale here- hydroponicsupplyco.com

Yes, that is correct. The control modules come with two pumps and the bucket, however in order to remove the float valves from the bucket you have to cut the wires. The control bucket costs around $320 I believe. You can find them on sale here- hydroponicsupplyco.com

Cool deal my friend I was looking and having a problem just finding the controller by it's self, I am planning something like your setup, which I have to say! looks totally cool and well thought out. Reps bro.
:nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom