Greenislands 5 Gallon Upgrade Ebb & Gro TEK

thanks man!

Hay Greenisland! hope lifes been good to you! I wanted to check back with you and your ebb & flow grow, I plan to try it out this summer but just not sure if I want to just buy the sysem or DIY it, but right now I am wondering what your grow looks like about now or did you harvest already, and I would like to keep in touch with you on your progess an future grows if you don't mind bro.

I am also a local So. Ca grower.

Sorry found what you posted of your grow earlier, have you experienced this system durning worm weather like summer time as far the Res tank and nutrients temps, and if not what do you have planned for wormer weather if any?
:cheer:

Sorry found what you posted of your grow earlier, have you experienced this system durning worm weather like summer time as far the Res tank and nutrients temps, and if not what do you have planned for wormer weather if any?
:cheer:

I think I can answer for him...hes been real busy. Hes got a 100 GAL RES and doesnt have temp issues at all. I dont believe he had problems ever.

Thank you Pit and Butcher. I have been extremely busy but I hope to be back on the forum much more often again. For those who dont know I moved to Colorado and had my first child recently, (2 months ago). I now have a new job and as you would expect it has to do with MJ. Cant explain much but all is going well. My harvest from the 5 gallon ebb and grow was outstanding. I pulled .8 grams per watt. Still not as much as Pitviper but close, lol. I really hope to be on here more and i will be starting my new journal soon. It will be a small soil and hydro grow under a single 600 watt light on a rail. Not as much going on as my last grow but thats ok with me cause work has me way too busy to devote any more time to my own grow anyway. So far I know I will have Pink Pez, and Purple Voodoo in soil. Im unsure of the hydro plants as of yet....maybe GDP and SLH....out here in colorado you can get all kinds of different strains right off of craigslist (with a medical MJ card of course) so Im unsure of the direction Im going there. Anyhow sorry for such a long absence everyone. Thanks again, Greenisland

Thank you Pit and Butcher. I have been extremely busy but I hope to be back on the forum much more often again. For those who dont know I moved to Colorado and had my first child recently, (2 months ago). I now have a new job and as you would expect it has to do with MJ. Cant explain much but all is going well. My harvest from the 5 gallon ebb and grow was outstanding. I pulled .8 grams per watt. Still not as much as Pitviper but close, lol. I really hope to be on here more and i will be starting my new journal soon. It will be a small soil and hydro grow under a single 600 watt light on a rail. Not as much going on as my last grow but thats ok with me cause work has me way too busy to devote any more time to my own grow anyway. So far I know I will have Pink Pez, and Purple Voodoo in soil. Im unsure of the hydro plants as of yet....maybe GDP and SLH....out here in colorado you can get all kinds of different strains right off of craigslist (with a medical MJ card of course) so Im unsure of the direction Im going there. Anyhow sorry for such a long absence everyone. Thanks again, Greenisland

Sign me up!

:popcorn:

SF

Glad to see all is well. And it sounds like your getting what I'm sure is a well deserved happy life. Wish you blessings my friend. That new grow sounds great, cant wait to see it!!. ANyhow, See you when you get back.+rep..and I still owe you a couple hundred.:goodluck:

Great read !!! I have a couple questions for you. If one was to do a 48 bucket grow, would you need more than the 100 gallon reservoir?

Would you need to do anything different or add anything to your system, if using a 48 bucket grow?

Thanks so much for sharing all of your knowledge and experience with us all!

Yes you would need a larger reservoir. I would imagine that for 48 5-gallon buckets you would need about a 300 gallon res. I ran 10 with the 100 gallon reservoir you see in this thread and it handled the capacity quite well but I feel like if I was to increase that to 15 it would be close to being maxed out. If possible I would get a 400 gallon just to me on the safe side. And dont forget to be careful about where you position such a large reservoir cause if you have a manufactured home or anything with hollow floors that's a WHOLE lot of weight for timber to hold. I run a much larger medical space now and have gone back to the CAP 2 gallon bucket set. Not because it performs better but because I needed a LOT of plant sites and they are cheap as well as easily accessible and pre-made. No system to date has come close to competing with the output of this 5 gallon ebb and gro set, that I can say for sure. And on a side note I am in the process of making 4 large 36 site 5 gallon ebb and gro custom units. The CAP 2 gallon system leaves a whole lot to be desired by the professional grower. 5 gallon ebb and gro is the way too go if you want large fat nugs and you have maximum lumens with CO2 injection! I would suggest that you get everything else in order though before you drop the money and time into such a system. Lumens, strain, and CO2 should always come first and this 5 gallon bucket set wasnt the cheapest thing to build and oh man it took ages to get all the parts and get it put together....well I guess it was a prototype so that would be expected I guess, lol.. Hope that helps you out Digger! Oh and no, nothing else would change, accept for maybe having more lines coming out of the control bucket which I would imagine would be pretty obviouse if your doing 48 sites and I did 10. I would do one line for each batch of 6 plants. That means you would need 8 lines coming out of the control bucket where as I only had 2 I believe. STAY HIGH! and Im glad to see this thread is still helping people out!

Thanks for replying to my questions.

I have to tell you GreenIsland, I have been reading religiously a bunch of these forums for the past couple of months, and I must say without a shadow of doubt, your attitude and willingness to help others is remarkable and refreshing, unlike many other.

Thanks so much for all of the knowledge and experience you have been more than willing to share. All the best to you !

No problem digging. I love helping others out, lol. I am after all a marijuana consultant, lol. If only the people who payed me knew they could come online and ask me questions for free, lol. Glad to see your still around OBX, and thanks for the comment, Me and my family (with the new addition) are doing great. Just been working a LOT. There a lot of people with problems out here that need help but I suppose thats good for me. Sidework is always appreciated. Oh and I really hope to have atleast a little journal up and going soon, I guess well just have to see if I find time for my own garden. Hopefully I do! Stay high guys, Greenisland

Ok, so I was messing around with my USB scope today and thought I would share a couple of the pics I took with you guys. :) So here ya go. At the time of pics they were 25 days into flower and looking fabulous.

PURPLE DIESEL!

purple_diesel_at_25_days_in_flower_cleaner_pic_.jpg

TANGERINE pheno#3
tangerine_pheno3_3wks_in_flower.jpg

Enjoy!

Thats so good to hear Simon. Glad to hear you got things on the right track man.
I however just found out Jack Herer has passed away and am deeply saddened by this, as Im sure many of you guys are. I will be smoking in honor of the Hemperor tonight, Jack Herer you are a true hero.

So Im going to start a new thread so that I dont clutter this one but here is a quick photo to show you what I will be posting on the new thread. Im entitling it Greenislands medical marijuana grow check it out. Its basically just going to be what I have the time to post. I really dont have much spare time these days but I just couldnt handle not posting at all so this is my best effort. lol.

UK CHEESE

res7.jpg

MORE UK CHEESE!!

res41.jpg

OK so if you enjoyed the pics here I invite you to subscribe to my other journal here !CLICK HERE! there are several more pics on that page and more will be added to that page and not this one. This journal had a great run but I think its time to say goodbye. lol.

Of course if anyone still wants to post here or ask questions about the 5 gallon ebb and gro set Im still here and ready to answer any and all questions. In the end the 5 gallon system worked remarkably well and has given me my largest gram per watt to date, weighing in at .87 grams per watt. With the same strains in the 2 gallon CAP buckets I yeilded .54 grams per watt. HUGE DIFFERENCE! keep in mind they weer vegged slightly longer with the 5 gallon setup but the watt per gram conversion shouldnt change much with number of plants as long as you fill the space. Regardless, they were huge DANK, nugs. Grade A meds is really all that matters in the end and thats what I got with this system. With that said I hope everyone interested in building one of these will go for it. IT IS WORTH IT! :thumb: Thanks to everyone who made this DIY journal what it is/ :thanks::peace:

damn man i wish i would of seen this before i bought mine as i used 5gal. buckets for soil always then i would of just bought the controlled already had the 5gal. w/holes drilled in about 30 of em sittin round the garage. the hosing is cheap as hell too real bummer for me but excellent tutorial.. that uk cheese looks superb also. props to ya

Back
Top Bottom