Greetings from the subcontinent!

sid

Hello!

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to grow some weed. :)

Previously, I was seeking assistance in another forum, but very unfortunately, I seem to have hit a communication breakdown. Probably my fault, to much fragmented information from me. So ill start again.

I have built myself a small cabinet. Grow is semi stealth, the cabinet lives in my living room. I have a small apartment.
I have been trying to grow some autos, and started with soil. But I failed to germinate anything in the soil. I can share all details if asked. I am sure i was not overwatering, or under. Soil is supposedly organic. But I cant get anything to grow in it. Lettuce, tomatoes, nothing.
Moved over to a DWC rig, and its a lot more promising.

Ill start a new thread in the DWC section ?

Thank you all for reading this, and I hope to have a great time around!

Cheers!

Hello!

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to grow some weed. :)

Previously, I was seeking assistance in another forum, but very unfortunately, I seem to have hit a communication breakdown. Probably my fault, to much fragmented information from me. So ill start again.

I have built myself a small cabinet. Grow is semi stealth, the cabinet lives in my living room. I have a small apartment.
I have been trying to grow some autos, and started with soil. But I failed to germinate anything in the soil. I can share all details if asked. I am sure i was not overwatering, or under. Soil is supposedly organic. But I cant get anything to grow in it. Lettuce, tomatoes, nothing.
Moved over to a DWC rig, and its a lot more promising.

Ill start a new thread in the DWC section ?

Thank you all for reading this, and I hope to have a great time around!

Cheers!
How did you start your seeds? Do you put them right in soil? First you should fill a cup with spring water and let your seeds soak for 24-48 hours then you take seeds and place between some paper towel on a dish or Tupperware and dampen the paper towel and keep it damp. Once seeds sprout then you can place them roots down in your medium. That’s a good place to start.

Hi Boo!

Yes, starting seeds is no problem. I have germinated in paper towels, soaked in water for 8-18hrs then germinated in towels. Straight in the soil. Soaked and then in the soil.
Problem is as soon as anything hits any of the soils available to me, it stops growing. I've been at it for a few months now before I finally gave up bout a month ago, and switched to a dwc rig, may revisit soil at a later date.

But for now, be so kind to look into my query here ? Thanks a ton!

Welcome sid, head over to grow journals in progress and start a new thread at the top. Thread title will be your journal title.

Thanks otter! Since I am not starting from scratch, I posted over in the dwc forum. Hope that's ok. Please visit. Thanks!

Welcome :high-five:

so what happens when you put the seed in the soil? Are you putting tap root down? What’s your light and lighting schedule?

I’m trying to figure out if it pops out and dies or never sprouts?

what soil is it? are you able to ph your water?

good luck!

Thanks silverfox.
Merry Christmas!

Yes, if I have germinated in paper towel, then wait for the tap to be no more than 1/2 inch long (often less) then goes in the soil, tap down, with the top being bout a cm under the soil, lightly covered and am using a spray bottle to keep the seed area moist. I pre moist the soil before the fill the pot, and make sure its not too wet, or dry. Im fairly confident im not doing anything wrong here. Weather is good, and the pots do not have a strong source of light above them, mostly shaded till they sprout and the 1st true leaves appear (at least thats the idea)

They don't break ground, below is a seed germinated in a paper towel, then went into soil, and after 4-5 days i dug it out. As you can see, it just stopped growing in the soil. Similar situation with bout half a dozen other seeds (and all germinate fine in paper towel, coco etc).

paper.jpg
paper 3.jpg

But its not just the auto cannabis seeds, even the lettuce or basil that im trying to grow for my wife dont grow in the soil. These lettuce seeds were all sprouted together in a small tray, 3 weeks later, the ones I put in hydro are healthy, the ones i put in soil, nothing.

lettuce 1.jpg
lettuce 2.jpg

Here is the kind of soil I am using, I have tried 3 different brands. Same failures. I can pH the water, and was balancing it to 6.8 in my last few attempts. My tap water has a background EC of bout .23 and a pH of bout 7.3

soil.jpg

All this with ONE exception. So I started smoking only last year, and all we get around here is seeded brick weed, landrace. So I early on took 1 seed from a bud, and threw into the soil, and voila. If I sow any of the landrace seeds, they grow just fine. But nothing else!

Hey thanks again!
Enjoy the holidays!

Thank you scott! Im just starting (well, attempting to start), and have very little knowledge. I have been trying to find research on local landrace strains, but nothing yet so far. I think I have discovered at least one bunch of ppl around here that almost specialize in landrace, but im not on any social media, and their operation seems skillfully low profile, Im gonna try track em. My impression from what I have attempted to grow is that is a sativa, thin fingers on the fan leaves and about 7-9 of em on each leaf.

Its all been long and thin, heavily seeded. Here is what im smoking now, its not very potent, but quite pleasant.
This is mostly hash territory.

landrace.jpg

Hash....yum! Most hash plants are from the northern regions and are indica strains. If you have a Sativa it's probably from the southern part of the subcontinent. Maybe you should try and find some nice rich soil outside and fill
Your pots with it mixed with perlite and a bit of compost. Don't know why your bagged soil doesn't grow plants. It seems like it should grow some herb.

Yeah.. yum! :)
Im fairly certain what Im scoring is making its way frm the east, dont get much southern dope here in the north. But thanks!
Ill get back to the landrace in the summers, I tried growing em out last summer and it was fine. I ended with one plant that was male, so I just dumped it, and the season changed so Im now trying some hybrids, and not working. :)
Im struggling with growing the autos in my DWC too though... so.. Ill keep on trying, the issue is ive got bout another 3 months before it starts getting serious hot. Ive got a thread running in the DWC section of the growes area, pop in please ?

Back
Top Bottom