Grooster's 1st Grow (top-drip, bato-bucket hydro) AK47 Clones

I'm gonna watch your mite battle with interest - I've brought home a Afghani mother that had mite damage, but I've yet to find a live one as my buddy treated them with Neem oil before I got her... still, you can't be too careful. I've got fog blowing on mine too...

I've only had a live mite infection once, when I last grew ten years ago. Damn suckers.

+reps for the battle!

I hate those evil leaf eating buggers....

rohbut_spider_water.jpg

grooster man. sorry to hear about the mites. i loathe those little bastards.. if you're stuck and want something, try 1ml of Yellow Listerine and 1ml of Hydrogen Peroxide (30%, check your hydro store) to a litre of water. or for you yanks (hehe), a teaspoon per gallon of each. i was told by the hydro guy here that it repels those little bastards. i use it every watering and all them mites havbe disappeared since i started. and i had a nasty infestation. if you do try this, please wear gloves when using the h202. it's very corrosive. (i got a nasty chemical burn on the weekend. it sucked!!)

good luck man!

how are you making out with the little bastards?

Those look real good, like they will be delicious. I'm on my first grow too, mine's not looking half as good though. Any way keep up the awesome work, can't wait to see more pics.:goodjob:

Man I was lovin the pics - then the Mites. Those little bastards. I've not had to deal with them but I've got two friends that have. Both used Neem. Worked fine. Cheap, natural, and only a COMPLETE PAIN IN THE ASS.

GL with whatever your remedy. Sending you good vibes from this direction.

:ganjamon:
:peace:

Grooster how are you doing buddy! Having Spider Mites is like having In-Laws living in your home... You can't rid of them either..... And you can't pic em off one-by-one... Tea! he!~ he!~ he!

So sorry to hear about your pest problem, I dread the day I have to fight those creatures, but I hear it is an inevitability if you grow, I myself need to start working on a prevention setup as fast as I can afford it.

Someone needs to make a Smilie slaying little mites with a machine gun or something....flame thrower....whatever...:smokin: I am almost medicated enough to try sleep again....laters bro and again I am soooo sorry you got mites on your first grow. I just wish bugs understood they are not welcome indoors.

:peace: from the mountains

Hey MH, thanks man. I would love to see a smiley like that LOL. Burn them bitches!!

I'm gonna watch your mite battle with interest - I've brought home a Afghani mother that had mite damage, but I've yet to find a live one as my buddy treated them with Neem oil before I got her... still, you can't be too careful. I've got fog blowing on mine too...

I've only had a live mite infection once, when I last grew ten years ago. Damn suckers.

+reps for the battle!

Thanks OBX, I've been reading a ton of stuff about the buggers. Neem seems to be a great natural control and preventative.

I hate those evil leaf eating buggers....

rohbut_spider_water.jpg

LOL Thanks I needed that...They'll not win, not on my watch!

grooster man. sorry to hear about the mites. i loathe those little bastards.. if you're stuck and want something, try 1ml of Yellow Listerine and 1ml of Hydrogen Peroxide (30%, check your hydro store) to a litre of water. or for you yanks (hehe), a teaspoon per gallon of each. i was told by the hydro guy here that it repels those little bastards. i use it every watering and all them mites havbe disappeared since i started. and i had a nasty infestation. if you do try this, please wear gloves when using the h202. it's very corrosive. (i got a nasty chemical burn on the weekend. it sucked!!)

good luck man!

Thanks Newsisnoise. I will definitely put this in my grow notes to try. Yikes about the burn! I have a strategy for this war already in mind. I'll update on that soon.

yo grooster sorry 2 hear about the mites

ive got an organic recipe if u need it

let me know

Thanks SS, after what I've read I decided to go with non-organic this attempt. Gonna nuke them bitches...will update soon.

Freaking mites! Keep up the fight. Those babies are worth whatever it takes to get rid of those bastards.

Hey, thanks Screwnuts! I am surprised you can still type with all that trimming your doing!! Thanks for checkin in tho. I'll get them bitches.

Those little things suck. I am sure you will get them under control, good luck...

Thanks Sonzor, I think my strategy will work...

how are you making out with the little bastards?

Things seem ok so far...

Those look real good, like they will be delicious. I'm on my first grow too, mine's not looking half as good though. Any way keep up the awesome work, can't wait to see more pics.:goodjob:

Hey BF thanks buddy. I will be sure to check out your grow. Don't worry I wont bring any mites along...

Man I was lovin the pics - then the Mites. Those little bastards. I've not had to deal with them but I've got two friends that have. Both used Neem. Worked fine. Cheap, natural, and only a COMPLETE PAIN IN THE ASS.

GL with whatever your remedy. Sending you good vibes from this direction.

:ganjamon:
:peace:

Thanks a TON Papa G. I think all will be well but I don't want to speak too soon and jinx it heheh. Yea Neem sounds like a PITA. Coating bushes with oil sounds unfun.

Grooster how are you doing buddy! Having Spider Mites is like having In-Laws living in your home... You can't rid of them either..... And you can't pic em off one-by-one... Tea! he!~ he!~ he!

LOL Joe! I only have one in-law left and she don't come over yay!! Spider mites could learn from her! Anyways, I have a little update on the 'war'.

I 'researched' as much as I could and I did get the Floramite SC but I also decided to get the Hot Shot No Pest strip. I decided to go with No Pest method first...

I plan to use the stick in only the dark period for 12hr intervals removing it during the lights on cycle. I put it in right after lights go out and tightly seal up the tent and turn off the fans...

I redid my exhaust and rigged it to temporarily vent to the outside when I use the strip. The fan kicks on automatically to vent the fumes after 12hrs. I let it vent for 2hrs before I open up the tent and remove the stick. Then I seal it back up and let it vent outside the rest of the day.

I did this for the first time the night before last. It worked!!! All the mites I could find were dead!! No movement anywhere. I know the eggs will continue to hatch so I will repeat the process again a few more times to get them all. I still have 5 or 6 weeks to finish so I hope I can knock em out with this...If not I'll nail em with the Floramite!

Here are some immature buds to oggle...looks like a little forest of cotton balls now...You can see some trichs starting to form on the bud-leaves as well. They are tiny but visible!

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_60_001.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_60_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_60_003.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_60_004.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_60_005.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_60_006.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_60_007.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_60_008.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_60_009.jpg

I will keep you all updated! Thanks for the encouragement. F*CK MITES!

L8ER

Warning : MountainHigh is stoned and takes no responsibility for burning down the house or killing cats, etc.. :ganjamon:

Parabolic reflector, microwave emitter, trigger switch.....and literally NUKE them. Ok I realize what a bad idea this is, but I bet there are times you would use it anyway....:cool: I am thinking bugs would die first but you never know...maybe the ladies would get pissed at being nuked...:smokin:. Someone with mites should see if a quick 20 sec nuke will kill the mites on a clone without killing it. Be a nice technique for bringing home clones if it doesn't kill them.

Please do not build a microwave emitter...for the love of ganja!!!!! :ganjamon:

:peace: brothers from the mountains high.

LOL! I microwave my soil before I use it....
I figure if anything can live through that then it deserves to live....
I give the DAMP soil three 4-minute bursts.

Good to hear you winning on them !

I wouldn't claim winning yet but I know I am killing a bunch o them. I was digging around and sampling leaves and I did find some still alive in the deeper foliage. I think I need to let the stuff saturate longer. I also put in a circulation fan to move the stuff around. Gonna do another sampling after and if I find any alive its Floramite time.

Good plan to nuke them little bastards and be done with it. You have plenty of time left to purge any residule from the plants. Buds are looking good. Hoping for some monsters for you.

Ty Screwnuts its warfare, me or them!! Yes, monster buds!! I hope so!

It pays to be aggressive when dealing with Bug problems... ALL IMO..

Yea Joe you are not to be trifled with when it comes to bugs lol!! GNAT SLAYER!

Warning : MountainHigh is stoned and takes no responsibility for burning down the house or killing cats, etc.. :ganjamon:

Parabolic reflector, microwave emitter, trigger switch.....and literally NUKE them. Ok I realize what a bad idea this is, but I bet there are times you would use it anyway....:cool: I am thinking bugs would die first but you never know...maybe the ladies would get pissed at being nuked...:smokin:. Someone with mites should see if a quick 20 sec nuke will kill the mites on a clone without killing it. Be a nice technique for bringing home clones if it doesn't kill them.

Please do not build a microwave emitter...for the love of ganja!!!!! :ganjamon:

:peace: brothers from the mountains high.

LOL! I microwave my soil before I use it....
I figure if anything can live through that then it deserves to live....
I give the DAMP soil three 4-minute bursts.

LOL You guys crack me up! Yea, anything that lives through the micro deserves life lol. Probably be here long after were gone hehehehe.

Well, its round two with them sumbitches! This is the knockout round!

L8ER

Back
Top Bottom