Grove bags, first time

beard o

All my weed is dry, and packed in Grove bags. First time using them.
Large bag is 1oz, clear glass less is 1/2, and the small is 1/8. Now it's off to cure..

IMG_20240319_130345.jpg

IMG_20240319_130114.jpg

IMG_20240319_130529.jpg

All my weed is dry, and packed in Grove bags. First time using them.
Large bag is 1oz, clear glass less is 1/2, and the small is 1/8. Now it's off to cure..

IMG_20240319_130345.jpg

IMG_20240319_130114.jpg

IMG_20240319_130529.jpg
I'm an old school Mason jar guy.
But my friends have brought me into the modern world.
This 5 pound Grove Bag worked great.
Nice work buddy. :welldone:

I just love my Grove Bags now.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I'm a mason jar guy also.

Bill, that's a nice stack! 💯

Would love to be neighbors! 😁
Man would I love that. :thumb: :woohoo:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Just an FYI, and I didn't learn this until after I bought mine. You guys do know that Grove bags are just the product of clever, target marketing?

Grove bags are nothing more than smell proof mylar food bags. Generic ones are available all over the Internet, for a fraction of the price. Just Google "mylar food bags".
They come in a variety of sizes, printed designs, some even have a cannabis leave on the face.

I don't think that's quite true.

The bags have 5 layers of plastic film which lets certain gasses escape from the bag, but not letting the terpenes out, hence the ability to store and cure cannabis without the fuss of 'burping' the jars.

They work well for me compared to some other bags I've tried in the past but I'm sure there's some alternatives too.

I don't think that's quite true.

They work well for me compared to some other bags I've tried in the past but I'm sure there's some alternatives too.
Not looking to be argumentative. But I held both in my hands. My Grove bags looked and felt exactly alike. To my eyes, they're identical.

I'll probably still continue to use Groves simply because I can buy them in smaller amounts. Plus I like all their printed stuff on the bag. When I give someone a bag of my weed, there's immediately eye apeal.
The only reason I threw this out there is if anyone uses a lot of bags. Mylar maybe cost effective.

I'm an old school Mason jar guy.
But my friends have brought me into the modern world.
This 5 pound Grove Bag worked great.

they are good for larger harvests for sure.
you can also get purpose built gamma lids for 3 - 5 gallon buckets made specific to allow burping and curing. many come with hygrometers built in to monitor the rh.

I'm a mason jar guy also.

i believe in the masons jars as well. pretty sure they are superior for longer term storage if done proper. i still have weed i grew 3yrs ago which has aged really well. i doubt a grove bag or gamma lid would work as well.

I held both in my hands. My Grove bags looked and felt exactly alike. To my eyes, they're identical.

no doubt they are most likely the exact same tech. grove bag is a brand name copywritten so similar/identical products can't be called the same.

you see the exact same with boveda packs. there are loads of other identical working humidity control packs but they can't be called a boveda for marketing etc. everyone here refers to them by the brand name as shorthand though.

a famous example in canada is kleenex. everyone refers to the paper tissues as kleenex even though the brand is no longer sold here.

Not looking to be argumentative. But I held both in my hands. My Grove bags looked and felt exactly alike. To my eyes, they're identical.
I believe they may look the same and even feel the same. I do not believe the generic bags have the same layers/tech that Grove bags have. I've kept buds in a Grove bag for over a year and they still measure around 60RH, and still smell/smoke great. Whatever they're made of, they're nothing short of magic to me :)

I believe they may look the same and even feel the same. I do not believe the generic bags have the same layers/tech that Grove bags have. I've kept buds in a Grove bag for over a year and they still measure around 60RH, and still smell/smoke great. Whatever they're made of, they're nothing short of magic to me

as long as they work for you it's all that matters. often times the original brand has attributes or qualities others may not be able to duplicate. tech as a rule can't be protected, unless the process to create it is unique. final products have to be different from others in the market, but that is almost only sizing and packaging.

it's all good as long as no one needs a kleenex over it in canada ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I believe they may look the same and even feel the same. I do not believe the generic bags have the same layers/tech that Grove bags have.
This sounds like the same sort of situation as the bags that are used for vacuum sealing machines used for wet, or frozen, food preservation. There are bags available that are the same size as the name brand and the box will often say something along the lines of fitting the name brand machines. But, they are made with a thinner plastic or a plastic that is weaker than the name brand so they get puncture holes easily and might have a shorter usable life span. They may cost less but the consumer gets what they pay for. As long as the consumer knows what is what then the generics can often be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom