Grow #2: Zkittlez Auto

Yeah, snapping one will do that to ya.
I snapped a bluedream auto about two months ago, shook me up a bit and made me uneasy about doing it again.

I pre bend them slightly now, a couple of days leading up to the day, I just use my thumb and finger to gently suggest the direction it's going to bend. Not applying to much preasure, just getting it used to the direction. Oh, and don't try and do the whole bend in one day, you can do it over a couple of days.
I've only snapped one and I've done loads, so the odds are in your favour.

Yeah, snapping one will do that to ya.
I snapped a bluedream auto about two months ago, shook me up a bit and made me uneasy about doing it again.

I pre bend them slightly now, a couple of days leading up to the day, I just use my thumb and finger to gently suggest the direction it's going to bend. Not applying to much preasure, just getting it used to the direction. Oh, and don't try and do the whole bend in one day, you can do it over a couple of days.
I've only snapped one and I've done loads, so the odds are in your favour.
Yeah that's the exact method I was going to do just pre bend them starting later this week. My OCD is actually helping me because the runt is making me slow down my process due to having to wait for it to grow to the level of the other 3

Sounds like you've already got it well planned out. Just worry about the smaller one when it gets there, I know it's good to do things at a similar time, but just look at them individually for this process, do it when you feel each one is ready and you'll be well alright.

Sounds like you've already got it well planned out. Just worry about the smaller one when it gets there, I know it's good to do things at a similar time, but just look at them individually for this process, do it when you feel each one is ready and you'll be well alright.
Is there a specific direction I need to bend or does it not matter? For example do I need to bend across the single leaf node or should I go with the first true leaves and just bend at that point to expose the stuff underneath? That's what I'm more concerned about the placement of the bends.

Is there a specific direction I need to bend or does it not matter? For example do I need to bend across the single leaf node or should I go with the first true leaves and just bend at that point to expose the stuff underneath? That's what I'm more concerned about the placement of the bends.
Tbh, It's about how much It will bend, some plants are leaning a certain way, I'll follow that natural direction.
If they'll go either way, then it's your choice where to bend it.
The new side branches when they grow can be manipulated to go where you want later, takes another week or so before they need to be tied down, i have side branches crossing each other in the end.I'd just worry about the main stem for now.

I think that's why I snapped my plant, I was being too specific about where I wanted it to go, I bent it against it's natural direction. I bent it backwards if you like.
If it'll go where you want, good. If it wants to bend where it wants,good also.

Tbh, It's about how much It will bend, some plants are leaning a certain way, I'll follow that natural direction.
If they'll go either way, then it's your choice where to bend it.
The new side branches when they grow can be manipulated to go where you want later, takes another week or so before they need to be tied down, i have side branches crossing each other in the end.I'd just worry about the main stem for now.

I think that's why I snapped my plant, I was being too specific about where I wanted it to go, I bent it against it's natural direction. I bent it backwards if you like.
If it'll go where you want, good. If it wants to bend where it wants,good also.
That's how I snapped my stem last time by forcing it to go where it didnt wanna go naturally. I'm gonna force myself to wait until the 5th grows out before fucking with it

Ok so I knew this was going too well, its the law of averages. Got some gnats, and these little bastards were in full force last night. I misted my ladies around 7pm and noticed some activity on the top of my soil. Luckily I planned ahead and I dusted the hell outta those little fuckers.
20210623_084213.jpg

Hiya costanza.
Yeah, gnats seem to come regular when using Fox farm soil, some of the members on here have started baking the soil in the oven to kill off the gnat larve.

yeah I read that before and was anticipating it, I was just shocked because it happened so fast. I had the DE ready and I should have just mixed some in with the soil to kill the larvae from the beginning to avoid this mess or baked the soil but I'm kind of a clumsy person and I was afraid I would have dirt all over my kitchen so I decided not to cook it. Hopefully the DE does the trick. I hung some sticky traps earlier so they should help too

Day 18. Started some lst on the first 2 last night and watered for the 3rd time this morning. Being patient and slowly bending the main stem down instead of cranking that sucker down and snapping stems, being one with the plant and taking my time. Will slowly lower my tie downs each day until I get it to the desired height.
16246273400715796760221158151270.jpg
16246273624828742894371342531129.jpg

just something funny I thought I would add. I specifically bought these ac infinity pots because they had the reinforced metal holes for lst. well I ended up having to make my own holes anyway. that's what I get for trying to plan everything out

Day 24 finally starting to grow a little bit and fill out the pots. Been trying to tuck leaves and expose the undergrowth as best as I can. Noticed a slight bit of tip burn so apparently the 1/4 cup of geoflora is still a little too much. Will give a little less next week when it's time for feeding #2.
20210701_085335.jpg

Tomorrow will be 30 days. All 4 looking good top 2 looking the best and starting to show some pistils. Not sure If it's the thrive alive or the soil combo but these plants seem a lot happier than the last batch grown using ff nutes. Loving the geoflora nutes so far. Since I had 1/3 cup of geoflora veg on top of the 1 gal of ocean forest at the bottom of the pot and i noticed a slight bit of tip discoloration last week I decided to give just 1 tbsp of geoflora veg this last veg feeding before starting with the bloom in 2 weeks.
20210706_082418.jpg

Lol when in doubt just do the opposite!
In all seriousness beautiful work here!:rollit:
Yes, that's usually how it works and thanks I'm shocked at how well they look considering my first 2 were ugly with calcium issues. Had to recalibrate my ph pen and I think that fixed all the issues.

Back
Top Bottom