Grow #2: Zkittlez Auto

Grabbing a seat :passitleft:
Thanks for following along. Any help you can give along the way will be greatly appreciated. Kind of winging it after a so so first grow and crossing my fingers that things don't go south.

Noticed something strange and I'm not sure if it's really a big deal or if I'm overreacting. I've noticed that as the buds start to form that the new leaves growing are not flat, the tips are twisting upside down. Cant really find any info on this and I'm not sure if it will have any ill effects but it still pisses me off a little bit because everything was going very well.
20210713_081745.jpg
20210713_081745.jpg
20210713_081742.jpg

20210713_081739.jpg

I have a zkittles og auto by barneys and she just turned 7 weeks and is doing the same thing with the new leaves on the budsites.perhaps this is just a genetic trait?

20210713_110912.jpg

I have a zkittles og auto by barneys and she just turned 7 weeks and is doing the same thing with the new leaves on the budsites.perhaps this is just a genetic trait?

20210713_110912.jpg
This makes me so happy to see this. Ive read up a little bit on it and cant find a definite answer as to why its happening. Someone mentioned that it might be good to flush when it starts to flower but I havent really been overdoing it so I don't see a reason to flush when there's nothing in there

I am growing in soil. Bottom two thirds of 5 gal fabric pot has coast of maine stonington blend and top third is fox farm happy frog. Water only for first five weeks then top dressed, every other week,with 1/8 cup of 5.5.5 down to earth general fert and 3/8 cup rose bloom mix 4.8.4. Flower weeks 2-6 i also top dress with sea bird guano 0.11.0. The only other thing I add is recharge one per week.

I have a second barneys zkittles og auto that I am currently running outdoors. This one is a week older, 8 weeks, and looks totally different. Much much bigger, likely due to that big sun lamp in the sky, but, otherwise same pot size and feeding schedule.

20210713_125215.jpg

20210713_125233.jpg

I am growing in soil. Bottom two thirds of 5 gal fabric pot has coast of maine stonington blend and top third is fox farm happy frog. Water only for first five weeks then top dressed, every other week,with 1/8 cup of 5.5.5 down to earth general fert and 3/8 cup rose bloom mix 4.8.4. Flower weeks 2-6 i also top dress with sea bird guano 0.11.0. The only other thing I add is recharge one per week.
I'm in a similar medium. I have 1 gal of ocean forest at the bottom of a 3 gallon pot with 1/3 cup of geoflora veg on top
and then 2 gallons of happy frog on top of that. I did pretty much the same thing with watering, and top dresses with another 1/3 cup of geoflora at 2 weeks. I also add recharge once every week. I think we may have given slightly too much nitrogen during the transition to flower and from what I've read so far it should correct itself after a flush.

Start of week 6. Did some minor defoliation and flushed a few days ago to try and correct the twisted leaf tip issues. So far I'm happy with how they look, just trying to not overthink anything and pray for the best.
20210716_095538.jpg
20210716_095523.jpg

Looking good!!!!!
Thanks Buzz, I cant believe how tall these things are growing. I have a mystery auto that will be done in a week and these 4 zkittlez are almost taller than the 15 week old auto

I swear these girls are growing an inch every night. Gave first bloom feeding yesterday along with 12oz of recharge.
20210719_071123.jpg
What is that machine?

I'm in a similar medium. I have 1 gal of ocean forest at the bottom of a 3 gallon pot with 1/3 cup of geoflora veg on top
and then 2 gallons of happy frog on top of that. I did pretty much the same thing with watering, and top dresses with another 1/3 cup of geoflora at 2 weeks. I also add recharge once every week. I think we may have given slightly too much nitrogen during the transition to flower and from what I've read so far it should correct itself after a flush.
Wow sounds like I need to step up my game!

Wow sounds like I need to step up my game!
I think you're doing great, you're still on your first grow and your first one looks so much better than mine did. This is number 2 for me so I have that screwed up grow under my belt that taught me a lot from the fuck ups. That little machine is a dehumidifier, I imagine you aren't gonna need one of those living out in the desert but what do I know I've only been to one desert and that was vegas and the entire time I had to deal with a girl I decided to bring along that decided to wear heels on the first day and then complained about blisters the rest of the week, so my desert experiences are not very good but I imagine it doesn't get very humid

Looking good!!!!!
how do you like the Coast of Maine soil? I was under the impression that the fox farms ocean forest soil was organic and didn't find out otherwise until I already had plants growing with it but I am looking for a replacement to go along with the happy frog. Let me know what you think about it, that stonington blend is what I was looking at

I think you're doing great, you're still on your first grow and your first one looks so much better than mine did. This is number 2 for me so I have that screwed up grow under my belt that taught me a lot from the fuck ups. That little machine is a dehumidifier, I imagine you aren't gonna need one of those living out in the desert but what do I know I've only been to one desert and that was vegas and the entire time I had to deal with a girl I decided to bring along that decided to wear heels on the first day and then complained about blisters the rest of the week, so my desert experiences are not very good but I imagine it doesn't get very humid
Thank you! I keep referring back to someone telling me to just get thru this grow, and if I can do that, then start doing the most next round. I’m getting really nervous about how to tell if the trichomes are ready and then to cure. yeah, I’m feeling a lil overwhelmed atm! I’m also real excited for this next grow. I already have all these plans like a new light and definitely more research on soil and top feeding. I also wanted to start making them a tea. As for the humidity here (in the tent) the humidity doesn’t get any higher than 60% but it can get really low. I rises once I water but the exhaust usually helps bring it back down plus I run a lil heater when it gets too high. so I was thinking I should purchase a dehumidifier to eliminate this juggling act I seem to be doing trying to manage the humidity.
omg that is just way too funny, your Vegas story sounds way too familiar lmao

Thank you! I keep referring back to someone telling me to just get thru this grow, and if I can do that, then start doing the most next round. I’m getting really nervous about how to tell if the trichomes are ready and then to cure. yeah, I’m feeling a lil overwhelmed atm! I’m also real excited for this next grow. I already have all these plans like a new light and definitely more research on soil and top feeding. I also wanted to start making them a tea. As for the humidity here (in the tent) the humidity doesn’t get any higher than 60% but it can get really low. I rises once I water but the exhaust usually helps bring it back down plus I run a lil heater when it gets too high. so I was thinking I should purchase a dehumidifier to eliminate this juggling act I seem to be doing trying to manage the humidity.
omg that is just way too funny, your Vegas story sounds way too familiar lmao
I struggle with reading the trichomes and honestly have no clue when this last plant is gonna be ready. My friend looked at it yesterday and said it wasnt ready yet but its gotta be close. I decided to buy myself a little present for my first successful grow and I bought a rosin press this week. Just presses 3.5 grams of flower last night and I will never spent another dollar at the dispensary again. Well maybe to get some pain cream but that's about it.
20210720_190724.jpg
20210719_144242.jpg

Back
Top Bottom