albertagrower

What Strain is it? Uknown Strains.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Unknown
How Many Plants? 4
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? over 4 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Promix HP with 75% Gaia green 4-4-4 25% Gaia Green 2-8-4 about a few tablespoons of worm castings, They are not my plants and were fed with unknown soil with liquid nutrients before. ph was never monitored
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5gal
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 - 1000w Mars hydro
Is it Air Cooled? air is exhausted to keep cool.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 22 Celsius
RH of Room/Cabinet? 50-55%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? PH of soil mix is 6.8ph, Effectived plants had a PH of 8.7ph taken near the original soil. tap water has a ph of roughly 7.1ph
Any Pests? Had thrip but they were dealt with.
How Often are you Watering? every day or two, usually when top few inches of soil are dry.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Organic Gaia Green mix
Size or Square Footage of Room? 5x5

I am wanting to say that the issue with the dots is a calcium deficiency but I am incredibly new to growing, Im thinking that is is because the ph of the soil closer to the transplanted plants roots is reading at 8.5 which is on the outside limit of calcium uptake. I am also making this assumption as the soil should be rich in nutrients and the outside limit of nitrogen is also very similar to nitrogen, as the leaves are looking pretty yellow aswell.

What would be my best corrective measure for one, adjusting my water ph to be 6.5 and for two, adjusting the soil of the plants that have a high ph as is. Dolomite lime will only keep the soil from rising above 7.0 ph, I will be adding this into the soil of my new plants (OGKUSH Auto 2 weeks in veg) as they were never fed liquid nutrients.
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg
unnamed.jpg

Looks like they are running out of gas and or nutrient lockout.

Ok first off you cant add lime to the soil with a living plant in it specially in a container.

It sounds like you are growing in peat moss soiless medium and "feeding" the plant.

So that said most soiless growers use fertilizer made for that purpose.

I'm not Canadian but I'm somewhat familiar with your gia green fertilizers. You can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they are for soil growing.

So growing in soiless medium you need to be feeding regular and follow the label instruction on amount and pH of solution after mix.

When I say soiless it's because peatmoss plus a few tbs of ewc is soiless.

So you issues look like pH related and or water issue with pH and not enough food.

Looks like they are running out of gas and or nutrient lockout.

Ok first off you cant add lime to the soil with a living plant in it specially in a container.

It sounds like you are growing in peat moss soiless medium and "feeding" the plant.

So that said most soiless growers use fertilizer made for that purpose.

I'm not Canadian but I'm somewhat familiar with your gia green fertilizers. You can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they are for soil growing.

So growing in soiless medium you need to be feeding regular and follow the label instruction on amount and pH of solution after mix.

When I say soiless it's because peatmoss plus a few tbs of ewc is soiless.

So you issues look like pH related and or water issue with pH and not enough food.
indeed, Gaia Green can and is used a lot in soilless applications. Since i cant lime the soil, flush until the soil ph is stabilized? ph down my water from now on to be 6.5. family that was originally feeding these using liquid nutrients without ph balancing the water after so im believing thats what was causing issues.

The fertilizer im using is dry amendments so its mixed into the soil, I used the reccomended 2tbsp per gallon of medium, all the PH tests are from the current soil. I have no ph issue in the soil I just transplanted a few days ago but they werent ever fed liquid nutrients.

This promix is actually pro mix hp with mycorrhizae. We just transplanted these a week or two back aswell. Could be that the nutrients that are broken down in the current medium arent keeping up with what stage the plant is in aswell, As I believe they have to be broken down to consumed by the plant.

Im pretty tempted to add a little bit of liquid bloom nutrients as thats all we have laying around for liquid just to see if it improves. But the PH issue should be the first thing I try to sort.

:welcome: There is a plant deficiency section in this link

come say hi to the others
These guys are active, too

Hey dude!! Welcome to 420 mag!! Nice to see more albertans show up!! Swing on down to the Alberta growers lounge and say hey!!

is this the start of your journal? Because it’s not in the right section. If you report your first post and type in for a reason why you reported it, they should be able to move it to the journals in progress section no problem!

Hey dude!! Welcome to 420 mag!! Nice to see more albertans show up!! Swing on down to the Alberta growers lounge and say hey!!

is this the start of your journal? Because it’s not in the right section. If you report your first post and type in for a reason why you reported it, they should be able to move it to the journals in progress section no problem!
not really a journal, I was really sure where to post. Im keeping track and taking photos of my OG Kush Autos that I started from seed. These pictures are from various ages and stages and seeds that have no known strain attached to them as they are over 15 years old. I also have no clue how much nutrients or any other factors were happening with them as I wasnt apart of the initial start to the grow.

They look hungry. Less likely to be a ph problem
What are you measuring ph with- not one of those three way skewer things hopefully?
Your watering method isn’t ideal. That could also cause the yellowing if the pots are staying wet below the surface.

They look hungry. Less likely to be a ph problem
What are you measuring ph with- not one of those three way skewer things hopefully?
Your watering method isn’t ideal.
Im using a vivo sun water ph probe, took a sample of the soil with nutrients mixed in and also took a sample of the effected plants and also a sample from another tent. Each mixed with roughly the same amount of distilled water, ph meter stuck into seperate distilled water before testing each sample.

I was also thinking it could be a nutrients issue as im using gaia green dry amendments. this would mean that the amendments need a bit to break down which inturn could cause deficiencies in the short term if im correct? I all for trying different nutrients etc.

I was also thinking maybe nutrient lockout from the ph being so high at the roots. Was going to try doing a flush on one of the effected plants and then maybe feeding with a little bit of liquid nutes.

Help me condense this into a question you can put in the faq, we all have grow issues...
:bong:
What Strain is it? Uknown Strains.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Unknown
How Many Plants? 4
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? over 4 weeks
Indoor
or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Promix HP with 75% Gaia green 4-4-4 25% Gaia Green 2-8-4 about a few tablespoons of worm castings, They are not my plants and were fed with unknown soil with liquid nutrients before. ph was never monitored
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5gal
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 - 1000w Mars hydro
Is it Air Cooled? air is exhausted to keep cool.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 22 Celsius
RH of Room/Cabinet? 50-55%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? PH of soil mix is 6.8ph, Effectived plants had a PH of 8.7ph taken near the original soil. tap water has a ph of roughly 7.1ph
Any Pests? Had thrip but they were dealt with.
How Often are you Watering? every day or two, usually when top few inches of soil are dry.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Organic Gaia Green mix
Size or Square Footage of Room? 5x5

I am wanting to say that the issue with the dots is a calcium deficiency but I am incredibly new to growing, Im thinking that is is because the ph of the soil closer to the transplanted plants roots is reading at 8.5 which is on the outside limit of calcium uptake. I am also making this assumption as the soil should be rich in nutrients and the outside limit of nitrogen is also very similar to nitrogen, as the leaves are looking pretty yellow aswell.

What would be my best corrective measure for one, adjusting my water ph to be 6.5 and for two, adjusting the soil of the plants that have a high ph as is. Dolomite lime will only keep the soil from rising above 7.0 ph, I will be adding this into the soil of my new plants (OGKUSH Auto 2 weeks in veg) as they were never fed liquid nutrients.
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg
unnamed.jpg
indeed, Gaia Green can and is used a lot in soilless applications. Since i cant lime the soil, flush until the soil ph is stabilized? ph down my water from now on to be 6.5. family that was originally feeding these using liquid nutrients without ph balancing the water after so im believing thats what was causing issues.

The fertilizer im using is dry amendments so its mixed into the soil, I used the reccomended 2tbsp per gallon of medium, all the PH tests are from the current soil. I have no ph issue in the soil I just transplanted a few days ago but they werent ever fed liquid nutrients.

This promix is actually pro mix hp with mycorrhizae. We just transplanted these a week or two back aswell. Could be that the nutrients that are broken down in the current medium arent keeping up with what stage the plant is in aswell, As I believe they have to be broken down to consumed by the plant.

Im pretty tempted to add a little bit of liquid bloom nutrients as thats all we have laying around for liquid just to see if it improves. But the PH issue should be the first thing I try to sort.

So, you have 4 autos recently transplanted into promix hp, fixed the ph issue and now want to add bloom? I am not trying to be an ahole, just trying to follow the clues...
Feed them, I think has been suggested, yes.

Help me condense this into a question you can put in the faq, we all have grow issues...
:bong:

So, you have 4 autos recently transplanted into promix hp, fixed the ph issue and now want to add bloom? I am not trying to be an ahole, just trying to follow the clues...
Oh no my three autos no pictures are another story. The current plants got transplanted into promix hp with gaia green dry amendments, they were on liquid nutrients before as they were my familys plants. im trying to solve the ph issue as i believe that could be the reason for no nutrients intake. unless the gaia green still hasnt fed them at all after being in the soil for a week.

Basically the ph of the transplant soil is alright but the root ball seems to have a ph that is way too high. most likely from the nutrients that was mixed but never ph balanced.

Sorry for the formatting wasnt sure how it was to be worded on here.

Oh no my three autos no pictures are another story. The current plants got transplanted into promix hp with gaia green dry amendments, they were on liquid nutrients before as they were my familys plants. im trying to solve the ph issue as i believe that could be the reason for no nutrients intake. unless the gaia green still hasnt fed them at all after being in the soil for a week.
That helps clear it up, but I don't have a solution. I used promix hp mixed with some compost outdoors, but the only amendment was slow release promix line bloom.
Giving a full plant pic with your new condensed details in the frequently asked questions section might get more specific input. :goodluck:

They make several products, but Just looking at the gaia green tub I have -most of the nitrogen is soluble- so that shouldn’t be an issue.. Sounds like you measured the PH properly. It still sounds weird though. I would be inclined first to consider the watering routine more, lift the pot and see if it’s heavy, and possibly feed it something if the pot doesn’t feel heavy. .

They make several products, but Just looking at the gaia green tub I have -most of the nitrogen is soluble- so that shouldn’t be an issue.. Sounds like you measured the PH properly. It still sounds weird though. I would be inclined first to consider the watering routine more, lift the pot and see if it’s heavy, and possibly feed it something if the pot doesn’t feel heavy. .
I just checked the ppm of each sample, the baseline sample read 470ppm, the sample from the effect plant was 160ppm, the other sample i took from another tent read 560ppm (This plant was looking severly nutrient burned, Will be thrown out). I watered today so im going to leave it for a few days, Over watering could cause lockout aswell right?

Yeah they don’t get enough oxygen and drown. Roots can’t function and they starve and get root diseases. Weed doesn’t like being wet for too long and this can happen quite easily if people keep watering the top regularly without checking whether it really needs it. Lifting the pot for weight tells the story. If you go lift it right now you will see if it’s heavy or not. Not necessarily the problem but one likely scenario.

Here are some full pictures i took, First two are the one im trying to correct. The third is a plant that it some struggling even though it had the biggest greenest fan leaves of all of them, the other two are 2/3 of my OG Kush autos i started on my own.

plants 2.jpg
plants 3.jpg
plant 4.jpg
plants 5.jpg
plants 6.jpg
The first plant photod, looks to be a magnesium def... the plant just under looks to be heat/light stress... how high you keeping your light from the highest point of all your plants?

The first plant photod, looks to be a magnesium def... the plant just under looks to be heat/light stress... how high you keeping your light from the highest point of all your plants?
roughly 30-36 inches above. I checked the plants today and they look a lot worse. my local supply isnt open till tuesday to purchase calmag.

It is for sure magnesium deficiency, mixed with maybe a bit of calcium deficiency. I am going to grab some calmag and some ph down to correct my water for 6.3-6.5. probably end up doing a flush as the soil ph was way to high for what i want. Thank you for your help. I will probably start a journal for my og kush autos as they are my very first grow and im learning like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom