Grow Journal #2: Soil, 4x4 Tent, 450W LED

CannaLady

Strains: Gelato (1), Zkittlez (1), Godfather OG (2), and Pure Power Plant (1) - all feminized from Weedseeds
Seed germination method: Seeds placed in cup of distilled water for 24 hours and then moved to coco pellets
- Gelato seeded in 1 day due to not putting deep in the soil, GF OG took 2 days; and PPP and Zkittlez took 3 days.
Container size: from coco pellets moved to 1 liter pots and final homes will be 5 gallon grow bags
Medium: CoM Stonington Blend
Nutrients: CoM plant food and blooming
Lights: 450w Mars LED
Grow method: depending on how they grow, I'll try quadlining on at least one and use topping and LST to fill the tent

AllTogether_11112021.jpg

InkedGelato_11112021.jpg

GodfatherOG1_11112021.jpg

GodfatherOG2_11112021.jpg

PPP_11112021.jpg

Zkittles_11112021.jpg

Today I moved the light closer and now at 36 inches from plants as directed by light manufacturer. They're definitely growing, but the GF OG #2 has some funky leaves and I'm noticing smooth leaves on the Gelato and GF OG #1. I have used regular tap water a few times so perhaps this is a PH problem.

Gelato_13112021.jpg

GFOG1_13112021.jpg

GFOG2_13112021.jpg

AllTogether2_11132021.jpg

We're making progress here. I've turned up the light to 50% and plants are about 30 inches away.
Trying to keep the temp in ~77 with night going no lower than 70. And attempting to keep RH at around 50-55 range.

This is my first start to finish tent grow and keeping the temp and RH is a challenge. The environmental control for my tent are not automated. The only thing automated is the grow light.
- 6 inch induct fan
- Tower fan and mini humidifier inside the tent.
- Heat in the room and a space heater at night cause my house heat goes down.
- Dehumidifier to be used as needed

Here are some updated pics! Yesterday they got a full drink of water. The leaves are in prayer mode and I'll take that as a good side they're happy with light distance. Godfather OG #2 seems to be coming out of her funk - YAY!

TheGirls_11172021.jpg

PPP_11172021.jpg

Gelato_111721.jpg

GFOG2_111721.jpg

My girls are coming along, but I've noticed the leaves have some strange shinny coloration on my plants, but mostly on my Zkittlez.

Before I get stared on nutes, I decided to switch my from CoM to Geo Flora which I finally got in the mail. On Tuesday I watered and side dressed with Veg in a very small amount 3 inches away from the main branch.

I've also up potted Gelato and GF OG 1 into 5 gallon grow bags as they are starting to take off. Took off the first two sets of branches and buried deep.

GF 0G 2 is a crazy plant that keeps putting out disfigured leaves. She started out weird, then grew some well behaved leaves and reverted to crazy again. I can relate. I'm going to let her get bigger before up potting to make sure she's going to make it.

Lights still about 28 inches from plants, but increases light intensity from 50 to 60 on my dimmer.
Watering switched from distilled to spring water cause my water here is really not good.
Keeping temp between 70-79, but still dialing in is a challenge.
Rh still ranging from 45-60.

AllTogether_11262021.jpg

Zkittles_11262021.jpg

GFOG2_11262021.jpg

GFOG1_11262021.jpg

Gelato_111262021.jpg

My girls are coming along, but I've noticed the leaves have some strange shinny coloration on my plants, but mostly on my Zkittlez.

Before I get stared on nutes, I decided to switch my from CoM to Geo Flora which I finally got in the mail. On Tuesday I watered and side dressed with Veg in a very small amount 3 inches away from the main branch.

I've also up potted Gelato and GF OG 1 into 5 gallon grow bags as they are starting to take off. Took off the first two sets of branches and buried deep.

GF 0G 2 is a crazy plant that keeps putting out disfigured leaves. She started out weird, then grew some well behaved leaves and reverted to crazy again. I can relate. I'm going to let her get bigger before up potting to make sure she's going to make it.

Lights still about 28 inches from plants, but increases light intensity from 50 to 60 on my dimmer.
Watering switched from distilled to spring water cause my water here is really not good.
Keeping temp between 70-79, but still dialing in is a challenge.
Rh still ranging from 45-60.

AllTogether_11262021.jpg

Zkittles_11262021.jpg

GFOG2_11262021.jpg

GFOG1_11262021.jpg

Gelato_111262021.jpg
Hello @CannaLady great garden.
Do you have room for one more?:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Of course Bill. Nice to see you again. Hoping this 2nd grow will involve far less drama. I certainly feel more confident from Shed's sage advice.
He is a wise man.
Now that you already got your feet wet this should be good.
We all make rookie errors to start, don't fret.
We will make this one terrific. :love:
Lots of karma sent. ;)

Stay safe
Bill

Update:
I've topped the Gelato, GF OG #1, Zkittlez, and Pure Power Plant
Will transplant Zkittlez and PPP to their 5 gal homes tomorrow

GF OG #1 and #2 don't seem to react to temp and RH the same as the others. GF OG #2 has some wacky growth. Started out weird, got better, and then went back to wacky. Almost like she wants to flower. I'm holding off doing any training until I know she'll be okay. They seem very sensitive to slight temp changes and close themselves in for a nap for a few hours a day. I'm not able to separate them so they'll have to adjust.

TheGirls_11302021.jpg

GFOG2_CrazyGrowth3_11302021.jpg

GFOG2_CrazyGrowth2_11302021.jpg

GFOG_CrazyGrowth1_11302021.jpg

I've been very busy with the holidays so haven't journaled as much as I'd like to.
We're into the 8th week of veg and all but one are quadlined. The Gelato stem split, but she kept on growing. I've had to do more training on her than the others as her outside growth took off when the others were just getting started.
I'm not too happy with the CoM soil or the Geo Flora Veg nute as I've had nitrogen problems. I ended up giving them a small dose of FF Grow Big which helped. Yesterday I pre-soaked Geo Flora Bloom in new soil and added a layer on top of the pots. This should help them get started with flowering time which I plan to begin in the next day or two. In retrospect, I'd probably do only 4 plants next time and only veg for 6 weeks as I'm sure this tent will soon become more full than I intended.

TheGirls1_01022022.jpg

TheGirls2_01022022.jpg

TheGirls4_01022022.jpg

I've been very busy with the holidays so haven't journaled as much as I'd like to.
We're into the 8th week of veg and all but one are quadlined. The Gelato stem split, but she kept on growing. I've had to do more training on her than the others as her outside growth took off when the others were just getting started.
I'm not too happy with the CoM soil or the Geo Flora Veg nute as I've had nitrogen problems. I ended up giving them a small dose of FF Grow Big which helped. Yesterday I pre-soaked Geo Flora Bloom in new soil and added a layer on top of the pots. This should help them get started with flowering time which I plan to begin in the next day or two. In retrospect, I'd probably do only 4 plants next time and only veg for 6 weeks as I'm sure this tent will soon become more full than I intended.

TheGirls1_01022022.jpg

TheGirls2_01022022.jpg

TheGirls4_01022022.jpg
Filling that whole tent nicely

Back
Top Bottom