Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

I'll give it a try next time.

How about you get a stockpile built up so you can let the process occur naturally brother! I know that the winter is tough for you brother, but its a much better option. And I say all this with all utmost respect brother. Lord knows I wish i could give you some of mine, I grow far more than I could possibly use (even making oils and lotions).

How about you get a stockpile built up so you can let the process occur naturally brother! I know that the winter is tough for you brother, but its a much better option. And I say all this with all utmost respect brother. Lord knows I wish i could give you some of mine, I grow far more than I could possibly use (even making oils and lotions).

Thanks man. I'm doing a little better now. It helps being on here. Been smoking what feels like indica all day so I'm relaxed if nothing else. And my knee feels better ha. I cut just enough of my plant to get three joints, and even those were cut with baccy. And now I have some tasty BM that the wife brought me home. If I need it I can get it, but it costs, you know.

Dude, if you saw my spreadsheet on seeds you would die. I have different sheets for different things. I have a CBD tab, an Indica tab, a Sativa tab, a hybrid tab, a future buy tab, an inventory tab, a growing schedule tab. I am sure there are a few other tabs on there. I believe my current strain inventory sits about 160 different strains.....give or take a dozen or so.

160?! I wonder if there's a strain I can name that you don't have lol

flytier, I guess that makes sense with the ruderalis. I wonder if crossing out with these big high-potency strains I got will bring some percentage bumps into it.

160?! I wonder if there's a strain I can name that you don't have lol

flytier, I guess that makes sense with the ruderalis. I wonder if crossing out with these big high-potency strains I got will bring some percentage bumps into it.

I'm no expert in genetics, but I did a little here and there in a couple courses when I was getting my degree in Environmental Biology. I guess it's just a partial dominance trait. I've learned considerably more over the last year though, since I've started growing. I like to read up on what I do and I know how to do it right. And I've been looking around the web and I have lots of literature downloaded, from the magnitudes of pamphlets on how to roll joints and stuff right up to science textbook level. I've only gone through a small fraction of them but I have a fuckin' library in my hard drive ha and on my tablet.

I'm no expert in genetics, but I did a little here and there in a couple courses when I was getting my degree in Environmental Biology. I guess it's just a partial dominance trait. I've learned considerably more over the last year though, since I've started growing. I like to read up on what I do and I know how to do it right. And I've been looking around the web and I have lots of literature downloaded, from the magnitudes of pamphlets on how to roll joints and stuff right up to science textbook level. I've only gone through a small fraction of them but I have a fuckin' library in my hard drive ha and on my tablet.

My guess is that with things like Jack Herer, they bred them directly against a ruderalis to incorporate the auto trait and to preserve the Jack's genetics as much as possible, but since ruderalis isn't very high potency, it really knocked it down some. I suspect that if you cross it against a strain with a higher potency, that some of them will inherit the ruderalis auto-flower trait, but also the THC-building genetics of the higher potency strains it was crossed with.

You might find this video interesting:
YouTube

It seems that there are genes which convert some forms of THC into CBD and that the highest potency strains are ones without the gene that converts the THC.

My guess is that with things like Jack Herer, they bred them directly against a ruderalis to incorporate the auto trait and to preserve the Jack's genetics as much as possible, but since ruderalis isn't very high potency, it really knocked it down some. I suspect that if you cross it against a strain with a higher potency, that some of them will inherit the ruderalis auto-flower trait, but also the THC-building genetics of the higher potency strains it was crossed with.

YouTube

It seems that there are genes which convert some forms of THC into CBD and that the highest potency strains are ones without the gene that converts the THC.

That's the way I understand it. I should read up on it a little more before the summer though.

That's the way I understand it. I should read up on it a little more before the summer though.

Robert C. Clarke literally wrote the book on Cannabis Breeding. I've been trying to get through it, but like, the scenarios he gives for backcrossing are confusing.

I wonder if GHS crossed Jack with Ruderalis and just stopped there, or if they crossed their first F1 JH Auto back out with some photoperiod Jack Herer. You'd figure that'd be the only way to really preserve the potency and Jack genetics with the cross out to ruderalis.

Well, the reason I have so many books is because I have bad hearing. I tried watching it but the echo in the room was a bit too much for me. I should really get my ears looked at; I have good Blue Cross at work. I should also learn the Dewey Decimal System and arrange them like in a library, but that's another story. Actually, I'm gonna go check it out now.

Well, the reason I have so many books is because I have bad hearing. I tried watching it but the echo in the room was a bit too much for me. I should really get my ears looked at; I have good Blue Cross at work. I should also learn the Dewey Decimal System and arrange them like in a library, but that's another story. Actually, I'm gonna go check it out now.

That wasn't your ears, that was the sound on the video!

Yeah it's too bad YouTube's CC service isn't that great either. I'm half deaf and have a pretty hard time understanding somethings with bad audio quality as well.

Robert C. Clarke literally wrote the book on Cannabis Breeding. I've been trying to get through it, but like, the scenarios he gives for backcrossing are confusing.

I wonder if GHS crossed Jack with Ruderalis and just stopped there, or if they crossed their first F1 JH Auto back out with some photoperiod Jack Herer. You'd figure that'd be the only way to really preserve the potency and Jack genetics with the cross out to ruderalis.

You may be able to find that out actually. Sometimes when I'm curious about strains I check here SeedFinder.eu :: Marijuana Strain Database | Search | Research . It's a good reference site. I'll see if I can find the URLs for our respective strains.

That wasn't your ears, that was the sound on the video!

That and my ears. It's genetic plus I've done some intense shit to them over the years. Loud music, Shotguns and rifles, jet engines in a fighter squadron. It adds up and the whole is greater than the sum of the parts haha.

Yeah it's too bad YouTube's CC service isn't that great either. I'm half deaf and have a pretty hard time understanding somethings with bad audio quality as well.

I go to bed early for work so I play YouTube here on the bed with just my laptop speakers (don't need to be choking myself on them in the middle of the night) until the wife comes in, so I just pick through what I may potentially want to watch and find something with audio that ranges from good (rare) to half-assed (plentiful), and avoid the low and muffled ones (vast majority) altogether, as tempting as they may be. But I just want background noise to bore myself to sleep. I look for a lot of documentaries on science stuff - the physical sciences and the life sciences - and things like that. If it has CC (Closed Caption, not Canadian Club) I'll use it until I fall asleep.

You could try the "8 hours of pink noise" video. That is perfect for sleeping.

Until a couple months ago I used to listen to sleep hypnosis videos throughout the night, Stuff by Jody Whitely. The wife says she has a creepy voice but I think she sounds relaxing. I downloaded them onto my tablet as audio files and would play them every night. I did that that for quite a few years until recently. But now I'm looking for something more varied and I just play what YouTube spits at me while I sleep. I gotta have the laptop just beyond my nose to be able to hear it, and when It's playing shows on astronomy with all those bright stars exploding in my face and stuff it gets a bit disconcerting at 3:00AM. You take the bad with the good, if nothing else it balances out at equilibrium.

Ok guys, time for me to hit the bed. I'm gonna have a hoot now and probably another one shortly when the wife comes home. Then find something to bore me to sleep (the wife can tell me about work today haw haw haw). Just kidding; I'm seriously not that much of an asshole - I just like to talk like it as a joke.

Back
Top Bottom