Growing Cannibis and SAD seasonal affective disorder

cherryhaze

Here's a little bonus I've discovered on my first grow - the lights from the grow tent are a cure for SAD. I'm not entirely sure I have it but I do always feel happier on a sunny day. Now winter is closing it's cold bony fingers around us here in England I'm finding that my morning ph and ec check, along w a cup of coffee, is really lovely I front of the light. It feels similar to sitting in the sun and feeling it warm you to the core. The doctor actually prescribes a 50w sodium SAD lamp for the disorder and sitting in front if it for 20 mins every morning. My morning check under the 400w is blasting the warm dank winter blues away. Just an observation ;)

I do have SAD, and I do get a little "bump" when I'm working in the tent. I asked my doc about it, and he (a grower as well) told me that the MH light would have a better effect than an HPS, but that both would work.

He actually said, "Go in there as often as you want, just don't get sunburned."

Good guy...

B-

I do have SAD, and I do get a little "bump" when I'm working in the tent. I asked my doc about it, and he (a grower as well) told me that the MH light would have a better effect than an HPS, but that both would work.

He actually said, "Go in there as often as you want, just don't get sunburned."

Good guy...

B-

That's awesome. It's am added free bonus simply by growing and being around your plants. Your doctor sounds awesome :D

I was actually thinking about this but not really from the light point of view. I know I've felt a ton better since I have been tending my indoor gardens, I attributed it to I really enjoy this, all the ph, ppm, adding of nutes, and just taking care of the plants. Do you think my t5s and LEDs would be doing the same? I just noticed I'm happier in my grows. Lol

Lol hear ya there, I go into my tent and that led blasts my eyeballs out. Cfl in there now though, think the led was to intense for the clones. Once they are more eatablished I'll turn led back on.

Back
Top Bottom