Growing For The Wifey! First Timer Here - OG Hero & Super Lemon Haze

Re: Growing for the wifey! first timer here. og herojuana and super lemon haze

I have a question. With the "scrog", as the plants start getting to the net do you actually manipulate the branches into a designated space ir do you just kinda let them go where they may? Im thinking about using this technique cuz it looks like the way to go, especially with this sativa im growing. Thanks my friends :) :thanks:

When one of the branches gets too tall for your desired canopy height simply tuck it under the screen and over to the next square or even two over depending on tall it is and the size of the squares in your netting...then repeat this process as the plant grows until you have an even canopy and the screen filled with tops (future bud sites)

Thank you so much jay! Im gonna do it and ill have more questions throughout the grow if thats cool with you :)

Well, ive decided today that instead of transplanting twice im just gonna do it once straight into the finishing pots and instead of going with straight ffof im gonna do half and half with fox farm happy frog potting soil. The two products together will save me a lil stress as theyre both full of goodness and should keep my babys happy without any interference from yours truely! Im gonna try to figure out a feeding schedule but i dont think itll be any time soon. Have a wonderful day my friends :peace:

Tonight after work im heading to walmart and picking up a pump and airstone so when i do have to feed my babies its going to be with a nicely brewed organic tea!

I never had a thing for shopping until i started this journey...now im always spending money trying to improve my chances of producing a kick ass crop...huh...whoda thunk?! :peace:

Good to see your gonna make a tea. I would suggest looking for air diffusers instead of air stones.

I was the same way when I started never went shopping for hardly anything except food and the occasional pair of shoes or pants.
I have slowed down since I have everything i will need now but getting started can be an expensive journey.

Good luck with the teas dude.

Yeah I hear you on the shopping thing...I have plenty of money but I only have 2 pairs of pants...one for work...one for not work LOL...when one gets worn out I go and buy one pair of pants:)

But get me in the grow shop or climbing store and I'm like an 18 yr old girl with 50k in the gucci store :rofl:

Well, i figure im gonna give it my best shot (with teas) for my first run at growing. I hear it can get a lil confusing at first when youre trying to get it figured out but when you do the final product is well worth the trouble! Heres to trial and error!!!

Whats the big difference between an air stone and a diffuser?

Im the same way jay! I have a couple pair of work jeans and 1 pair of good (relatively) jeans. My wife tries to get me to go shopping and i cant stand it! When we do go i usually have to go to cabelas or bass pro shop or lowes/home depot afterwards to get my head straight!!

hahaha all my favorite stores. right on dirtysteve

The air stones are harder to keep clean since the insides of the stones become gummed up with bad bacteria. I am going to try and make a diffuser for my tea bucket soon. The air stones are cheap though and easily replaced but the tea quality tends to decline after half a dozen or so teas.

just something I recently learned. I have had the same stones making teas for some time and they have been pretty good to me. but lately the teas seem less active.

I hate shopping with the wife too. hahaha lol

That was good advice on the diffuser...I forget who said it....a diffuser is a rubber hose with tiny holes in it...the diffuser can be shaped to give you air where you need it...an air stone is like a long thin pourus stone...it will work but the diffuser is better IMO

Edit: shotta beat me :)

That was good advice on the diffuser...I forget who said it....a diffuser is a rubber hose with tiny holes in it...the diffuser can be shaped to give you air where you need it...an air stone is like a long thin pourus stone...it will work but the diffuser is better IMO

Edit: shotta beat me :)
thanks for confirming it.
two people recommending it is better than one.

Its right at 16". When i installed the air cooled hood i messed up thinking i could get the light super close but i was wrong. Initially i had it at 10" after the hood. You think its still too close? Had the air cooled hood up for 4 days now.

Hey yall, im looking for info on the kit doc bud sells in regards to high brix growing. Can anyone help a dude out please! :)

Its right at 16". When i installed the air cooled hood i messed up thinking i could get the light super close but i was wrong. Initially i had it at 10" after the hood. You think its still too close? Had the air cooled hood up for 4 days now.
If the fringes of the leaves aren't curling up and there is no bleaching of the plants than you are good...if they are...raise the light

Iv got my uncooled 400 - 10" off my plants and they are good poss a touch of bleaching. I think an air cooled 600 should be ok at 10. Or maybe go 12" to be extra safe. At 12" ur getting super lumen output at 12" anyway.

Good morning my 420 friends! Its zero dark 30 where im at and its a blistering 67° lol
Checked on my babes last night and what im noticing is that the stem on my og is really wobbly? The slh is killin it tho! Its growing way way faster :) Should i do something about that shaky stem? Toothpick and string until its able to hold itself up better? Oh and the slh is already showing new growth at the sides and its only 9 days old! Is that normal or could it be good genes or a male or something else? Thanks and i hope everyone has a wonderful day! :)

Good morning my 420 friends! Its zero dark 30 where im at and its a blistering 67° lol
Checked on my babes last night and what im noticing is that the stem on my og is really wobbly? The slh is killin it tho! Its growing way way faster :) Should i do something about that shaky stem? Toothpick and string until its able to hold itself up better? Oh and the slh is already showing new growth at the sides and its only 9 days old! Is that normal or could it be good genes or a male or something else? Thanks and i hope everyone has a wonderful day! :)

That one with the weak stem may need to be closer to the light to reduce the seedling stretch...but yes the string is a good idea I had to do that to a few of my seedlings this grow...I lowered the light a little and the stems were strong enough to hold up the plants on there own in a little over a week

Back
Top Bottom