Growing For The Wifey! First Timer Here - OG Hero & Super Lemon Haze

dirtysteve

Well, here goes!!

Day 6 from sprout (im sure you can tell the sativa dom from the indica dom)
4x4x7 tent with 3 passive intakes and 3 intake/exhaust ducts
Foxfarm ocean forest soil alone (no perlite or vermiculite)
Hydro-organics earth juice line (all organic)
6" turbo fan with carbon scrubber for light cooling and odor
400w mh for veg and will switch to hps for flowering (once in flower ill be using 4 42w soft white cfls hanging in a square around the middle of the canopy)
Will be topping the og only once and training it using the "4 way" method
Will be topping and training the slh as many times as i need to to keep the canopy in check. Im really hoping that the slh doesnt get out of control and become a light hog!! Kinda worried about that.

Well folks, im open for suggestions from anyone! Tips, tricks, secrets (i wont tell :) ). Anything to help my babies grow nice and strong right? Lol

Im glad to be here and i hope we can share our experiences with eachother! PEACE!!:peace:
IMG_20131018_130044.jpg
IMG_20131031_040054.jpg
IMG_20131031_040047.jpg

Re: Growing for the wifey! first timer here. og herojuana and super lemon haze

Why does growing mj make you wanna sit at home with your hands under your chin in front of your grow area (tent, closet, basement, box, upside down toilet...) and do nothing but stare? Ive noticed that if i watch my plants too long they start messing with my head hahaha!!!

When the old lady said she was tired of taking meds for her back i suggested good ol marijuana and she agreed without a second to waste...well, $600 dollars later, heres where i stand! Now dont get me wrong, im gonna have to test each nug for quality of course! :)

Well,not much going on today. I took some pics this morning and it looks like alls well in the og/slh household! :) Plants are loving life by how much theyve popped up in the last 24 hours. Gonna be getting some water tomorrow probably
IMG_20131102_033325.jpg
IMG_20131102_033252.jpg
IMG_20131029_153633.jpg

Thanks bill! Im quite fond of it :) Its my first but if i can get this whole growing thing down ill upgrade a few things. I think ill be ok tho because the amout of helpful and cool people here at 420. PEACE!! :peace:

Thanks shot! As they grow itll need a lil tweeking here and there but im more than up for the challenge! Loving this 420 thing :)

Why does growing mj make you wanna sit at home with your hands under your chin in front of your grow area (tent, closet, basement, box, upside down toilet...) and do nothing but stare? Ive noticed that if i watch my plants too long they start messing with my head hahaha!!!
:welcome:
Hi Dirtysteve and welcome to 420!
I have a dedicated chair permanently parked in front of my tent so I can say I share the obsession with staring at growing plants too- (a lot of us do I suspect).:cheesygrinsmiley:
Your baby girls look very healthy and you already have some of the best growers following your journal, so you are definitely off to a good start. Looking forward to watching your plants grow.:peace:

I have a question...im gonna top both plants and clone the tops to find out sex (didnt get fem seeds) can i put the clones right into 12/12? Will they die before they reveal their sex? Please help!

I have a question...im gonna top both plants and clone the tops to find out sex (didnt get fem seeds) can i put the clones right into 12/12? Will they die before they reveal their sex? Please help!

That would be the best way to do it.

Make the cut, root the clones, then 12/12 until they show sex :) Just remember to label them clearly :) Nice set up you have going there buddy, lovely looking little plants.

+reps

Thank you so much mono! I love this place! Everyones really friendly :thanks:

Do i HAVE to root them first?

Hello dirty Stevie..... There's a man down the road from me called dirty dan a right creepy fukker lol
Subbed here sir nice clean setup seedling looks nice n healthy :)
Keep up ur good work

Thank you so much mono! I love this place! Everyones really friendly :thanks:

Do i HAVE to root them first?

If you have them under a 12/12 light schedule from the minute you take the cut that wouldn't harm and may speed things up by a day or two :)

<-----is not creepy...maybe in like 20 years or so tho lol.

Well, today was pretty uneventful. Watered them with some ph 6 water. The lemon haze is definitely taking off a lot faster than the hero but oh well, they both look healthy so im just gonna keep letting them do their things!
IMG_20131103_033454.jpg
IMG_20131103_033303.jpg
IMG_20131103_033254.jpg

Well, im gonna be topping and training them until i see preflowers or until i find out the sex from the top cuttings. If theyre females its definitely until i see preflowers. Im new to this and ive done alot of research but ive found that everyone does things differently. Because its obvious that one is sativa dom and the other indica dom im gonna have to find a happy medium of when to flip to 12/12 so as not to confuse either one. But thats why im on 420...for its cool and smart people! :)

I have a question. With the "scrog", as the plants start getting to the net do you actually manipulate the branches into a designated space ir do you just kinda let them go where they may? Im thinking about using this technique cuz it looks like the way to go, especially with this sativa im growing. Thanks my friends :) :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom