Growing Marijuana, Breeding Marijuana, Smoking Marijuana, Why Are You In The Cannabis Culture?

That's why I posted this thread to give a place to people to tell their amazing life stories, And how it has brought us all together in this harmonious cannabis culture platform to share and heal, Just goes to show some times its the healing power of the plant that heals us and sometimes its the community suport behind it that heals us. :)

I started smoking marijuana at an early age, but had been around it and the people who grew and used it all of my life. It was more abnormal not to smoke in our family than it was to use it regularly but there were a few notable holdouts who to this day have never willingly inhaled.

I got seriously involved when we experimented with Rick SImpson oil about 10 years ago to help my Aunt, who suffers from MS. Through a series of experimental doses we watched the RSO put that terrible disease into remission, and there it has stayed all of this time. We are now heavily medicating my father, because I would like him to live into his 90's, and it appears to me that as a preventative, smoking this weed seems to be very good for him. At 61 he has lost weight, gotten his diabetes under control, stopped smoking nicotine, cured his hypertension and gotten off of his inhalers by curing his asthma by smoking pot! A cannabis tincture appears to have cured his supposedly incurable staph infection too.

So I got involved politically and advocated around the state for the passage of Medical Marijuana laws, and we were successful. We don't have active dispensaries yet in Missouri, almost 2 years after the passage, but we are getting there, and I continue to be a force to make sure that it will happen.

I also learned over these years that I had something to give back to the community... old school growing methods that work, and the ability to explain the proper way to water a potted plant. I am here today because I know that I am making a difference, and I know that the work I do in this arena is not only doing some good, but it is helping me pay forward the debt my family owes to this community for all the support I have gotten over the years, and of course leading us to finding Rick Simpson Oil.

That, and I just adore sitting under a shade tree smoking a big fattie of something righteous that I grew myself. I think it is mostly that. I am a free woman, doing what I enjoy doing, and healing those I love as I do it. The universe has been very kind to me.

I started smoking marijuana at an early age, but had been around it and the people who grew and used it all of my life. It was more abnormal not to smoke in our family than it was to use it regularly but there were a few notable holdouts who to this day have never willingly inhaled.

I got seriously involved when we experimented with Rick SImpson oil about 10 years ago to help my Aunt, who suffers from MS. Through a series of experimental doses we watched the RSO put that terrible disease into remission, and there it has stayed all of this time. We are now heavily medicating my father, because I would like him to live into his 90's, and it appears to me that as a preventative, smoking this weed seems to be very good for him. At 61 he has lost weight, gotten his diabetes under control, stopped smoking nicotine, cured his hypertension and gotten off of his inhalers by curing his asthma by smoking pot! A cannabis tincture appears to have cured his supposedly incurable staph infection too.

So I got involved politically and advocated around the state for the passage of Medical Marijuana laws, and we were successful. We don't have active dispensaries yet in Missouri, almost 2 years after the passage, but we are getting there, and I continue to be a force to make sure that it will happen.

I also learned over these years that I had something to give back to the community... old school growing methods that work, and the ability to explain the proper way to water a potted plant. I am here today because I know that I am making a difference, and I know that the work I do in this arena is not only doing some good, but it is helping me pay forward the debt my family owes to this community for all the support I have gotten over the years, and of course leading us to finding Rick Simpson Oil.

That, and I just adore sitting under a shade tree smoking a big fattie of something righteous that I grew myself. I think it is mostly that. I am a free woman, doing what I enjoy doing, and healing those I love as I do it. The universe has been very kind to me.
You truly are an amazing person you can feel it in your words and your passionate advocacy for cannabis law changes, I wish more growers would take your approach to learning how to grow, I hear you on the people that are still stubborn about cannabis, but hey with people like yourself and others and (maybe myself) fingers crossed will be in those ranks like you and one day effectively help people understand the benefits, even the people against and educate them enough to try it before its too late alot of my 70 yr old plus family members all smoke or consume cannabis products for various reasons and I can say it truly helped their lives way more then booze ever did!.... wow rick simpson oil should be sold in every pharmacy! :) thankyou so much for sharing your touching story I always thought we had similar views in life and now I know (hugs!) emilya :)

Prior to legalization, people charged extortionate amounts of money for low quality marijuana. Now, they charge extortionate amounts of money for reasonably high quality marijuana. Bless all you people out there who found righteous folks to get high with, but one of the top reasons I do what I'm doing is that I love to indulge but I don't particularly like the people I've met going down that road.
I wish I had enough grow space to cut the grocery guy out along with the dope dealer! :thumb:

Prior to legalization, people charged extortionate amounts of money for low quality marijuana. Now, they charge extortionate amounts of money for reasonably high quality marijuana. Bless all you people out there who found righteous folks to get high with, but one of the top reasons I do what I'm doing is that I love to indulge but I don't particularly like the people I've met going down that road.
I wish I had enough grow space to cut the grocery guy out along with the dope dealer! :thumb:
That is so true PotChimp, It seems people have become more trendy and trying to one up each other growing their plants so much that it has taken a lot of the joy and fun experiences out of growing cannabis, As for the price of things to get set up so you don't have to depend on other sources for your indulgences half the stuff for sale is crap you could have made in your basement for $100...instead of putting out $300 + on a pre made one.
Ya its has gotten crazy what people will charge but I guess that's hype and greed for ya! Some of my uncles hippy friends laugh at how much people are paying for seed and tents these days when they have grown fields for far less money.
Like anything great the governments have to put their hands in it and turn a profit well we pay crazy prices on things we could have gotten for free. Heck remember bag seed back in the 90's everyone mostly bitched about seeds in their weed stash and would through them out, Now those bag seeds have been breed to better quality and someone slaps on a fancy catchy name and sells for $100's of dollars in some cases. I still think feminized seeds and autos are just a marketing scheme to out the regular home grower from producing their own seeds and strains and have to be tied to a big pricey company to get the seeds from. Its fine to feminized or auto's if your just going to grow, but if you want to breed your own that's were they start to cut you off from being able to do... Without a male plant you will limit the genetics in the plants over time that may cause issues in future plant clones. auto's you can't really clone easily like you can photo periods to do breeding projects with, so I find it really limits the home growers experience. Like you I would love to have space to cut out the greedy people! ... Thanks for your post glad to see I'm not the only one that feels that way. :)

That is so true PotChimp, It seems people have become more trendy and trying to one up each other growing their plants so much that it has taken a lot of the joy and fun experiences out of growing cannabis, As for the price of things to get set up so you don't have to depend on other sources for your indulgences half the stuff for sale is crap you could have made in your basement for $100...instead of putting out $300 + on a pre made one.
Ya its has gotten crazy what people will charge but I guess that's hype and greed for ya! Some of my uncles hippy friends laugh at how much people are paying for seed and tents these days when they have grown fields for far less money.
Like anything great the governments have to put their hands in it and turn a profit well we pay crazy prices on things we could have gotten for free. Heck remember bag seed back in the 90's everyone mostly bitched about seeds in their weed stash and would through them out, Now those bag seeds have been breed to better quality and someone slaps on a fancy catchy name and sells for $100's of dollars in some cases. I still think feminized seeds and autos are just a marketing scheme to out the regular home grower from producing their own seeds and strains and have to be tied to a big pricey company to get the seeds from. Its fine to feminized or auto's if your just going to grow, but if you want to breed your own that's were they start to cut you off from being able to do... Without a male plant you will limit the genetics in the plants over time that may cause issues in future plant clones. auto's you can't really clone easily like you can photo periods to do breeding projects with, so I find it really limits the home growers experience. Like you I would love to have space to cut out the greedy people! ... Thanks for your post glad to see I'm not the only one that feels that way. :)
I don't know about you but every now and then,I get a few seeds in my flower from the dispensaries. I did order a couple of my favorite strains though.
Feminized seeds can be done at home too. Just need to make 1 hermie. I did it on accident,lol. So more seeds for my supply and they were free. Then last night, discovered my GDP had a pollen sack and I suspected it was up to something and sure enough it was! So looks like I might get seeds from it too along with the tangie clone I just harvested last night and looks like it has some seed pods. A Tangie/GDP cross would be crazy for me. Not that I wanted that to happen at all but not gonna complain about free seeds.

Here's my story for what it's worth.
Smoked as a teen and young adult. Quit when I started College late and for more than 25 years. Had to medically retire last year at 55. Between RA,Psoriatic Arthritis, Sjogrens, Graves disease, and Spinal stenosis, I have mobility issues. Some days I am OK but there are days with the cane and days with the walker just to get around my house. Spent 6 years on Opiods and a list of meds that was crazy. Shots several times a week trying to slow down the damage occuring from the autoimmune diseases. My grown children talked me into getting the medical card and trying it. I'm doing better with it than I was on all the other meds! Even lost 60 pounds without trying. So of course to cut cost, I started to grow my own. Harvesting part of 2nd grow and 3rd grow in veg tent. So just learning as I go.

Here's my story for what it's worth.
Smoked as a teen and young adult. Quit when I started College late and for more than 25 years. Had to medically retire last year at 55. Between RA,Psoriatic Arthritis, Sjogrens, Graves disease, and Spinal stenosis, I have mobility issues. Some days I am OK but there are days with the cane and days with the walker just to get around my house. Spent 6 years on Opiods and a list of meds that was crazy. Shots several times a week trying to slow down the damage occuring from the autoimmune diseases. My grown children talked me into getting the medical card and trying it. I'm doing better with it than I was on all the other meds! Even lost 60 pounds without trying. So of course to cut cost, I started to grow my own. Harvesting part of 2nd grow and 3rd grow in veg tent. So just learning as I go.
Wow Tangie65.... I almost cried when reading how much pain you were dealing with threw out your body on a daily basis... Glad to hear you have found some relieve with cannabis. :)

Going on 60 now, remember my first smoke, '74 at a friends house listening to Dark Side of the Moon. Found the experience pleasant and relaxing. Smoking a joint was better than drinking whiskey due to hangover/nausea and the fact that when I smoked a doobie it didn't bring out the Irish in me.

Did the whole buy a QP so I could smoke for free but always ended up smoking more than I should:lot-o-toke: and never did manage to smoke for free.

Never was the type to ingest pills, snorting powder, or god forbid sticking a needle in my arm with a syringe filled with who knows what.:rip:

Took a long break due to military service but during my military career it wore out my body, and now I have chronic pain and PTSD among other ailments. So getting my MM licence allows me to grow my own and not have to worry about the quality or price. I am a lot more agreeable/sociable after inhaling my medicine.

Always preferred weed over alcohol and finally I get to grow and smoke my meds legally:D

Going on 60 now, remember my first smoke, '74 at a friends house listening to Dark Side of the Moon. Found the experience pleasant and relaxing. Smoking a joint was better than drinking whiskey due to hangover/nausea and the fact that when I smoked a doobie it didn't bring out the Irish in me.

Did the whole buy a QP so I could smoke for free but always ended up smoking more than I should:lot-o-toke: and never did manage to smoke for free.

Never was the type to ingest pills, snorting powder, or god forbid sticking a needle in my arm with a syringe filled with who knows what.:rip:

Took a long break due to military service but during my military career it wore out my body, and now I have chronic pain and PTSD among other ailments. So getting my MM licence allows me to grow my own and not have to worry about the quality or price. I am a lot more agreeable/sociable after inhaling my medicine.

Always preferred weed over alcohol and finally I get to grow and smoke my meds legally:D
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your story and for your service in the military! If it wasn't for men and women like yourself none of us would be free to do what we do so thank you again. :)

I am in it because I had to miss out on all of this during the first half of my life, and am simply enjoying this as a retirement hobby and am hoping that I can eventually contribute something useful to the "culture" as it becomes more and more accepted nationwide here in the U.S.

Hey folks....I sat down tonight and read threw this thread again and I have to say ...The 420 Cannabis Community Is one of the most amazing melting pots of, culture, race, ethnicity, politics, tragedy, religious beliefs, life struggles, humor, Harmony love and of course Cannabis. You would never know outside of this forum how much the world is hurting with all the love and support that is shared on here daily. ... To the 420 Cannabis Community! *CHEERS* ...Glad to be part of this innovative community.... Hey not bad for a bunch of pot heads! lol .....Stay Cannabis Strong folks!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom