Growing Stage vs Flowering Stage For Green Crack

Monsieur66

On Crop King's website, it says it takes 9 to 10 weeks to be ready, but they don't say how many times at each stage is needed. My seeds have germinated and have been planted in soil for almost a week now. They are about 6" long and are on a 18h light / 6h darkness regimen. How long do I let them like that before switching to 12h/12h?

Thanks for the information and you time!
:thanks:

So just to confirm- they are photo/ regular plants, not autos?
If they're photos then it's up to you how long you veg them for. They do have to be mature enough to flower, but after that you're just growing them for size, which is usually based on your available grow space. As long as they grow for a month or so to gain maturity they will be ready to flower and will take the same time to flower regardless of size.
If they are autos then just leave them on 18/6 throughout.

Hey thanks for the answer. Yes they are regular plants, not autoflowering. On Crop King's website, it says the plant should yield 400-600 grams. If that's what I aim for, is 1 month of growing would be enough or should I let it go for 6 weeks? And after that, flowering stage would last what? Another 4 weeks or so? How do I know it's ready to harvest?
Sorry I have so many questions ! I will try and start a grow journal with pictures when I'm coming back from work tonight.

The flowering time will be what they said- 9 or 10 weeks. Don't be surprised if it sometimes takes a week longer. As for the veg time- everything else being equal, just grow it to a size that fits your space and light. Most plants can be counted on to double in size after being flipped to 12/12. Depending on strain. An 18" high plant often ends up being 32-36" high after flowering. If it's going to be topped and/or trained sideways then take that into consideration obviously too. If you're growing outdoors it's not so much an issue, but most people just tailor the size to fill the flowering room after the stretch period.

All right thank you! I misunderstood though cuz I thought that 9-10 weeks was the time it'd take from germination to harvest. They should make that clearer on the website.

Almost all cannabis plants take a minimum 8 or 9 weeks to flower. Some of the sativa strains I'm growing now take 18 weeks to flower, and the shortest flowering strains I grow are 12 weeks. So I don't think most people would expect a plant to grow start to finish that quickly, or if it did, the finished product sure wouldn't be anything to write home about

Thank you for the information! I don't mind the waiting, I really just wanted to know the actual information :)
So 4-5 weeks it'll stay on 18h light 6h dark and when I enter flowering stage, it's 8-10 weeks of 12h/12H and the plant will automatically go into flowering right? I mean, they know right?

Yeah they flower by the light cycle. It may take a week or so for them to show signs of a switch, then by about three weeks or so of 12/12 you'll have little popcorn buds.

Everything that is being said is correct. I will say though that the 400-600 grams is per square meter. You will have to veg for almost 3 months to get a plant that is 3' wide. We have a cheese that was vegged 3 months and is a 42" square and it'll be close to a pound at harvest. It took a lot of training to get there also.

This is one plant. Now if you were to have say 12 plants in a 4x4 tent or something then you could do a 4 week veg and yield almost that. So if you are on a time restraint then more of them and smaller. Also depends on what kind of light you are using. Just thought I would put my 2 cents out there. :thumb:

These are my two plants right now. They're not even a week old. I use a 150 watts grow light (won't name the brand, because I don't know if I can with your sponsors and all) and for my nutriments and stuff I bought a starter pack at some grow shop near where I live. There's 10 different products and it's supposed to help at every stage of the gorwth. Won't name the brand for the same reason.
I started them in a little closet that is about 4' large x 1.5' wide x 7' high.
I plan on putting them in bigger pots when they start to make roots and then move them in my basement in a dark room (really large so they can get bigger). Or is my closet big enough for two plants? I don't think so... what do you think?

Your plants looks healthy but obviously need to have the light closer because they're stretching way too much trying to reach it. Having a fan in the room creating some gentle air movement which makes the plant tremble a little will make it stronger.
The closet sounds big enough for two small plants. You would probably want to flip to flowering sooner rather than later though. And you'll need more light in flowering if you expect to have get much bud.

If you check this link below you'll find lots and lots of great articles which will cover all the basics of growing and more. How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

These are my two plants right now. They're not even a week old. I use a 150 watts grow light (won't name the brand, because I don't know if I can with your sponsors and all) and for my nutriments and stuff I bought a starter pack at some grow shop near where I live. There's 10 different products and it's supposed to help at every stage of the gorwth. Won't name the brand for the same reason.
I started them in a little closet that is about 4' large x 1.5' wide x 7' high.
I plan on putting them in bigger pots when they start to make roots and then move them in my basement in a dark room (really large so they can get bigger). Or is my closet big enough for two plants? I don't think so... what do you think?

My gc tripled in size. Make sure you bury that stem when you repot. Up to the first set of leaves would be fine.

Your plants looks healthy but obviously need to have the light closer because they're stretching way too much trying to reach it. Having a fan in the room creating some gentle air movement which makes the plant tremble a little will make it stronger.
The closet sounds big enough for two small plants. You would probably want to flip to flowering sooner rather than later though. And you'll need more light in flowering if you expect to have get much bud.

If you check this link below you'll find lots and lots of great articles which will cover all the basics of growing and more. How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

Yes she needs more light / light closer . My tent is 2x4x6 I have green crack in there click on the link in my signature if you would like to see what she looked like from seed to now ( 3 weeks into 12/12) . I vegged her until she was about 12" tall . But she was very compact due to my light source .

Back
Top Bottom