Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Day 43

Cleaned up the bottoms a couple days ago. These girls got their stretch on. Glue strains have always produced missiles for me and these seem to be following that trend. The Banners have joined in the fun.

Good morning far :)

I was only thinking about you yesterday!

God knows what’s going on with that tent floor now!

You have a beautiful packed house!

You really do grow absolute winners!

Thanks Trala. I'm happy to report that the floor is still clean. Other than me slopping some water on it when I feed, which then evaporates, I cleaned up any spent leaves that fell off the girls when I did their maintenance.

I see your Bubba vs Kushi experiment is going well. Both look very healthy.

Thanks Trala. I'm happy to report that the floor is still clean. Other than me slopping some water on it when I feed, which then evaporates,
Look I was going to say it leaves a ring, but I won’t, coz that’s just being a pedantic pain in the arse. But far, it does leave a ring LOLLINGGGGG!
I cleaned up any spent leaves that fell off the girls when I did their maintenance.

I see your Bubba vs Kushi experiment is going well. Both look very healthy.
Thanks so much. It’s farside05 feed come Thursday. That little Kushi looks like a boss!

Happy 4th of July!

As a public safety reminder, fireworks are more dangerous than weed. You may burn your fingers while smoking a roach, but a roach won't blow your fingers off. Stay safe!

Happy 4th of July!

As a public safety reminder, fireworks are more dangerous than weed. You may burn your fingers while smoking a roach, but a roach won't blow your fingers off. Stay safe!
Happy 4th July far!

IMG_8015.jpeg

Clicked the link but don't really get the reference. Now if it were a movie quote, I might, but then you're not a movie buff. I assume it's meant to signify long tall colas that bend plant stems under their weight. Am I close?

It's a book by Thomas Pynchon that I had to read in school and the title refers to the shape of the arc created by the V2 rockets (missiles) shot by the Germans into the UK!

I used to say that I don't read, but in fact I read a lot. It's just not your typical reading. I'm more into research driven documents rather than fiction or non-fiction titles. BTW, did you read these? Disregarding the rest of the shit show in that thread, it's articles are a good read.

I used to say that I don't read, but in fact I read a lot. It's just not your typical reading. I'm more into research driven documents rather than fiction or non-fiction titles. BTW, did you read these? Disregarding the rest of the shit show in that thread, it's articles are a good read.
Haven't read them yet but when I have a chance I plan to wait for you to summarize them. :)

Haven't read them yet but when I have a chance I plan to wait for you to summarize them. :)

The super simplified cliff note version. 160 ppm N is best. 30-90 ppm P. No real benefit to higher P levels so shoot for 30. K decreases Canabinoid production as ppms increase. 60 ppm K (way lower than what I would have though) gets you 80% yield and max cannabinoids, whereas 175 ppm gets you max yield but lower THC and terpenes. I gave them a quicker read. I'll go over them again more thoroughly, but that's my initial take. We've been close on 2 of the 3 but may want to rethink K. I know my values have been a bit higher than yours, but maybe might want to lower our targets more. I've got a FN v4 in the works. 160-30-150 ish.

Question, has anyone ever had their tap water tested? At least at my Home Depot, after the checkout, they have these kits to take a sample of your water and send it off for testing. It's a free service. They're hoping to sell you a filtration system. My water company's report only shows the contaminants. I'm wanting to know how much of my 150ppm is Ca and Mg so I can make more accurate calculations of my final feed.

Maybe I should post this question in @InTheShed 's thread that gets all the foot traffic.

The super simplified cliff note version. 160 ppm N is best. 30-90 ppm P. No real benefit to higher P levels so shoot for 30. K decreases Canabinoid production as ppms increase. 60 ppm K (way lower than what I would have though) gets you 80% yield and max cannabinoids, whereas 175 ppm gets you max yield but lower THC and terpenes. I gave them a quicker read. I'll go over them again more thoroughly, but that's my initial take. We've been close on 2 of the 3 but may want to rethink K. I know my values have been a bit higher than yours, but maybe might want to lower our targets more. I've got a FN v4 in the works. 160-30-150 ish.
I got confused because it was all in mg L−1 K, which is chemistry for "fuck you layman!"

The Prescription Blend stuff I'm using now is already high in K and they want me to add something that boosts P and K for flower. Might just leave that out now.

Should be pretty easy for you to reformulate, but why go that high on K? I would think 100ppm would be a better happy medium.
Question, has anyone ever had their tap water tested? At least at my Home Depot, after the checkout, they have these kits to take a sample of your water and send it off for testing. It's a free service. They're hoping to sell you a filtration system. My water company's report only shows the contaminants. I'm wanting to know how much of my 150ppm is Ca and Mg so I can make more accurate calculations of my final feed.

Maybe I should post this question in @InTheShed 's thread that gets all the foot traffic.
Feel free! I've never seen it but I'll look next time I'm there.

Should be pretty easy for you to reformulate, but why go that high on K? I would think 100ppm would be a better happy medium.

It was probably more trepidation on why I didn't go further. V2 was about 190 K, and V3 220ish. You wanna see what happens at 100? I'll take one for the team and drop it to 100 for the next grow if you'd like. I'm pretty flush on bud at the moment and have 2 more crops coming due in the next month. I've done a low P grow (under 20 ppm). Does seem fitting to do a low K one.

I wasn't pushing, just curious! But since there aren't a lot of folks here (any?) who are running individual salts, you would be the one to test those results.

For science!

I've got some Future 1 photo seeds that would be a good candidate since it's an extremely high THC and other cannabinoid strain.

Future #1®

There are now some cannabis strains that regularly reach THC levels of 30% and more. Nevertheless, among the large number of different varieties of different seed banks, these strains are comparatively rare. Some varieties of the Anesia Seedbank are among the strongest cannabis strains worldwide. Our latest breed, Future # 1, showed a massive and incredible 37% THC-level in repeated lab tests. Some of you will think, that can not be and we thought so too. Why breed a strain that is so strong? We want to be honest, it has become a certain sports for us and we wanted to see how far we can come and what is possible. It has cost us a lot of work and a lot of effort but the result even astonishes us.

Future # 1 achieved the highest THC content we have ever seen, even if this was not considered possible from a physical point of view for a long time. And that may mean a lot. Our Future # 1 was created from a cross between our most potent and famous Gorilla Glue # 4 with an outstanding and lengthy selected Starfighter F2. So far, the common belief is that the absolute physical limit of THC content is 35%. But our Future # 1 has repeatedly proven the opposit. Even if it was not possible to conclusively clarify how it could happen until now, it is assumed that its extreme resin production makes it possible.

The THC content is just one side of an outstanding high. Also decisive is the terpene profile and the content of other cannabinoids in one variety. Besides the strength, our breeding work also targeted the aroma. In addition to an intense pineapple aroma and versatile citrus aromas, our new variety is accompanied by a strong note of mango. The proportion of myrcene, nerodiol and limonene is particularly high and perfects the effect by additionally strengthening it. The taste is thereby a true sweet fruity experience that makes you want more.

Future # 1 is a highly potent hybrid, whose effects start quickly and with great energy. It provides a stimulating, strongly euphoric high that also has psychedelic elements and expands the senses. At the same time, the effects are extremely physically relaxing and create a floating feeling of lightness and positive mood. This strain is suitable for sensual experiences and to get involved in a deep high. It is suitable for creative work, evening relaxation and leisure, but in no case when you need to be focused. Beginners will often find her too strong and should be careful with her. Overall, the dosage should be adjusted gingerly.

The flowers reach an amazing size and density. Throughout the flowering period, they pile up a thick glittering layer of resins on their surface what is a result of the enormous resin production. With 500 g m² indoors and up to 1kg per plant outdoors, it is one of the high-yielding varieties that are also interesting for commercial cultivation.

Hmmm interesting.

I think if your ppm is more than 154, but less than ppm136, you should be okay as long as your LUX is in a similar zone with your Cal, be careful of LUX and your Mag though.

I did a bit of simple grow math yesterday. If you follow my instructions your water will purify.

IMG_8073.jpeg

Proposed changes to FN Fertilizer™ to make version 4.

It looks eerily similar to Grow Dots or Osmocote's make up other than a better Ammoniacal to Nitrate Nitrogen ratio and more Ca and Mg. It was a bit of a chore to accomplish with the salts I have on hand.

Back
Top Bottom