Gummies

Jmart

420 Member
Hi first time making gummies I have 500ml of infused coconut oil 85g of flavoured jello 36g of unflavoured gelatine I’m wanting to use the full 500ml of oil can anyone help with a bit of a walk through how to make them or advise if that too much oil ?

Hi first time making gummies I have 500ml of infused coconut oil 85g of flavoured jello 36g of unflavoured gelatine I’m wanting to use the full 500ml of oil can anyone help with a bit of a walk through how to make them or advise if that too much oil ?
From what I understand gummies are made with a tincture using high proof alcohol. Not from coconut oil.

From what I understand gummies are made with a tincture using high proof alcohol. Not from coconut oil.
They are more potent. There are recipes for gummies with coconut oil as well.

They are more potent. There are recipes for gummies with coconut oil as well.
Cool I make a ton of stuff using coconut oil as a base. I’d like to see how to make gummies too.

I checked my bookmarks, but I've never saved any gummy recipes with coconut oil. The only recipe I had saved is using hash oil. I've never tried making any of them, so I can't really give any advice. I made some great chocolate once with coconut oil, though, and it wasn't bad. Made me sick cause my high tolerance made me eat too much so haven't made any since...

Now I'm lazy and make some seriously potent infused coconut oil that I just put in my coffee.

I have used this recipe twice now, with two different potencies of infused olive oil (allergic to coconut) and they came out great both times! Tastes pretty good and a real gummy consistency. After a month or two in the fridge they do get a bit chewy. They don't seem to sweat or become oily of not in the fridge like some other recipes I've done. The trick is to work quick with the baster and get it into the molds quickly.

First batch I used oil that was 15g of decarbed flower with 2 cups olive oil and they were good. Second batch was 22g in 2 cups and one gummy will kick my ass ;)

This recipe made 30 gummies with a little left over. I didn't use the lechticin.

Screenshot_20201108-103252.png

Screenshot_20201108-103259.png

Screenshot_20201108-103304.png

I have used this recipe twice now, with two different potencies of infused olive oil (allergic to coconut) and they came out great both times! Tastes pretty good and a real gummy consistency. After a month or two in the fridge they do get a bit chewy. They don't seem to sweat or become oily of not in the fridge like some other recipes I've done. The trick is to work quick with the baster and get it into the molds quickly.

First batch I used oil that was 15g of decarbed flower with 2 cups olive oil and they were good. Second batch was 22g in 2 cups and one gummy will kick my ass ;)

This recipe made 30 gummies with a little left over. I didn't use the lechticin.

Screenshot_20201108-103252.png

Screenshot_20201108-103259.png

Screenshot_20201108-103304.png
Awesome you rock. :thumb:
Thank you so much.

Awesome you rock. :thumb:
Thank you so much.
Any time. I love that infused olive oil, I'll use it when cooking dinner and it not only makes my food taste great....but gives a great buzz too ;). A little stir fry with a half tablespoon of oil...yummy

I checked my bookmarks, but I've never saved any gummy recipes with coconut oil. The only recipe I had saved is using hash oil. I've never tried making any of them, so I can't really give any advice. I made some great chocolate once with coconut oil, though, and it wasn't bad. Made me sick cause my high tolerance made me eat too much so haven't made any since...

Now I'm lazy and make some seriously potent infused coconut oil that I just put in my coffee.
Ha ha sounds nice, I’ve seen a few videos on it but just after the ratios of how much jelo I’d need for 500 ml of oil as I don’t want to make it an have too much liquid it doesn’t thicken

That recipe is pretty similar to the one I use, only mine only uses 1/3 of a cup of oil per packet of jello. I always use lecithin, it helps to prevent separation. I also use it when I make the oil.
How potent is the oil?
No idea I made the oil with 40 gram of trim from gorilla glue 4

Ahh. Okay. I made 500ml of oil from 45g of trim, so probably about the same as that. It takes two 5ml gummies to get me nicely stoned, and I use less oil per packet of jello than that recipe so be careful with the dosing.
I made 200 using a cup of oil 3oz jello and 36 g unflavoured gelatine one tray seam to have separated the oil from the jello I used lecithin when infusing the oil not too sure if I’ve let it long enough for the water an oil to mix properly

I made 200 using a cup of oil 3oz jello and 36 g unflavoured gelatine one tray seam to have separated the oil from the jello I used lecithin when infusing the oil not too sure if I’ve let it long enough for the water an oil to mix properly

71DAC634-378F-4BD7-85BD-6B6F60BAAABC.jpeg

not too sure if I’ve let it long enough for the water an oil to mix properly
They won't mix at all until the mixture starts to cool off- then the jello/gelatine thickens a little, and it'll hold the oil in suspension- when you've got it right, no oil will be floating on top of the mixture.
Here's a gummy recipe- if you follow it exactly, you can't go wrong...

So now you've got the oil,and you want to make some gummies...here's how I do it...
You'll need:
1 pkg sugar free jello mix (0.6 oz size)
1pkg regular (with sugar) jello mix (3 oz size)
2 packets plain gelatin
1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup water <------ you can substitute your favorite liqueur for the water,or the corn syrup, for a little less "sweetness"
1/2 cup infused oil (I infuse 1oz. mj per cup of oil)

Put all the dry ingredients in a pan, add the water and corn syrup.

Heat it on medium heat,stirring constantly,till it just starts to boil around the edges.

All the powdered stuff should be well dissolved before adding the oil...<--- Important!!

Add the oil and keep stirring till it just starts to boil again,then remove from the heat.

At this point,you're gonna say "this shit aint working-the oil is just floating on top"

So... to remedy this, you keep stirring while the mixture cools just a little- as it cools it will thicken up a bit,
and the oil will start to mix in- this is what you want.
Once all the oil is mixed in, it's time to make some gummies...

Now, you need to hurry just a little so it doesn't set up before you get it into the molds.

Pour the mix into a squirt bottle (put a glove on,it's hot) , fill your gummy molds,and stick them in the freezer.

There will be some of the mixture stuck in the squirt bottle and in the pan- you can either just wash it out, or you can eat it for a nice buzz- just don't eat too much-it's easy to end up "too high" if you're not careful.

After they set up, pop them out of the molds into a tupperware container, or anything with a lid that seals.

You can store them at room temp,but they get a little oily above 78f ,so I keep them in the freezer.

and there ya go!

*Strawberry Banana jello does a real good job of (almost) hiding the cannabis taste.

Enjoy!

I use low heat and whisk it for 5 minutes straight after adding the oil. I also got some pot leaf shaped molds which came with some eyedroppers. Helps get the mix into the molds with a little less mess, and easy to clean. I haven't seen anything like them from any of the sponsors, but if the post ends here the mods didn't like it.
The molds are from a company called PJ Bold. They're for 2 or 2.5 ml gummies.

but if the post ends here the mods didn't like it.
I think you're good, as long as you don't post a link...
I've got those 2ml. leaf molds, plus some 4ml. gummy bear, and some 6ml. lego molds from the crafts store...1 bear is just about the right dose to get pretty stoned...At least that's what the wife tells me, I don't partake in the edibles very often...

They won't mix at all until the mixture starts to cool off- then the jello/gelatine thickens a little, and it'll hold the oil in suspension- when you've got it right, no oil will be floating on top of the mixture.
Here's a gummy recipe- if you follow it exactly, you can't go wrong...

So now you've got the oil,and you want to make some gummies...here's how I do it...
You'll need:
1 pkg sugar free jello mix (0.6 oz size)
1pkg regular (with sugar) jello mix (3 oz size)
2 packets plain gelatin
1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup water <------ you can substitute your favorite liqueur for the water,or the corn syrup, for a little less "sweetness"
1/2 cup infused oil (I infuse 1oz. mj per cup of oil)

Put all the dry ingredients in a pan, add the water and corn syrup.

Heat it on medium heat,stirring constantly,till it just starts to boil around the edges.

All the powdered stuff should be well dissolved before adding the oil...<--- Important!!

Add the oil and keep stirring till it just starts to boil again,then remove from the heat.

At this point,you're gonna say "this shit aint working-the oil is just floating on top"

So... to remedy this, you keep stirring while the mixture cools just a little- as it cools it will thicken up a bit,
and the oil will start to mix in- this is what you want.
Once all the oil is mixed in, it's time to make some gummies...

Now, you need to hurry just a little so it doesn't set up before you get it into the molds.

Pour the mix into a squirt bottle (put a glove on,it's hot) , fill your gummy molds,and stick them in the freezer.

There will be some of the mixture stuck in the squirt bottle and in the pan- you can either just wash it out, or you can eat it for a nice buzz- just don't eat too much-it's easy to end up "too high" if you're not careful.

After they set up, pop them out of the molds into a tupperware container, or anything with a lid that seals.

You can store them at room temp,but they get a little oily above 78f ,so I keep them in the freezer.

and there ya go!

*Strawberry Banana jello does a real good job of (almost) hiding the cannabis taste.

Enjoy!
Hey carcass. Do I have to use the corn syrup because I am an insulin-dependent diabetic and can I store my gummy‘s in the refrigerator or do they have to go into the freezer?? If I don’t use the corn syrup will the recipe still come out right or do I need to substitute that volume with water??

Hi, RetiredRN!
I think you could use water in place of the corn syrup- I used Amaretto in one batch (instead of corn syrup)
and they came out just fine.
They're fine in the refrigerator- I keep my CBD gummies in there- the THC gummies go in the freezer mainly to keep the grandkids out of them (in the freezer,under the succotash ;) )

edit: Yes you should substitute water for the CS- you have to have enough liquid to dissolve everything.
you could try it without, but they'll probably come out "grainy"

Back
Top Bottom