Gustavo's Indoor Closet Grow

Also those photos I just took were just before I watered so that should explain the dip in the tips of some of the leaves.

Hi mate

Is your temperature reading at the plant level or top of the cupboard?

You might find that that leaf damage is heat stress because the temperature at plant level is consierably higher than you thought. Mine are under CFL's and 92 degrees really damaged them.

Solution? Move the bulb up higher and try and aim one of your fans at the bulb to dissipate the heat.

Like Hardgraf says my first thing to say would be a little heat stress

I would also say if you have not given them any nutes then now would be the time to start but go easy like half strength or a even little less.

Next thing i would say is it may be time to get the girls into their bigger pots so they can start stretching their roots out.
If you are going to transplant then do it just before the lights go off. they will use the dark period to recover from the transplant stress.

Hope this helps m8, i feel your pain man

:peace:

Wouldn't worry too much man, they still look very healthy and nice. I think Glasgow hit right on the money though....transplant time. :thumb:

Thanks for the replies.

I did exactly what you said GG and transplanted them just before their night time. You were right as always as the roots did look a little compressed.
002984.JPG

I raised the light, tilted the fans back and put them in their new pots. Raised the light even further now as these pots are about 3 times as tall as the previous pots. My temp is now around 82 degrees maximum at soil level, usually hovering around 80 so it is cooler now incase heat stress was the problem.
004856.JPG

I read up on trimming dead leaves and it is suggested I should trim the yellow ones at the bottom as they will serve no purpose come flowering time.

Good to c the girls have moved into bigger pots, they will love it.

Just thinking..... how far is your light from the tops of the girls??

Also, have you fot about a 400w bulb instead of the 600w?? no need for a new ballast just swap the bulb.
I was looking over your specs n fot the 600w was a bit much for the space needing illuminated. Just a fot.

If i can remember a 600w bulb should be about 18" from the canopy.

:peace:

Hi Mate

I reckon that could be nitrogen deficiency, in which case bigger pots and a light dose of nutes should help.

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

I would highly recommend coco rather than soil, much much easier to control what you are feeding the plants. Also those pots will greatly restrict root growth as they are very small, depending on how old they get.

Thanks for the replies. I moved my light up a little bit higher again, it is now almost 3 feet away from the plants which is a little bit far but a 600 watt in this space was never going to be straight forward. GG you are right I should have got a 400 watt but when I was buying I wanted to best stuff right off the bat and planned too far ahead so I'm stuck with this light at least til the end of this grow. My next grow will be double the size with 10-12 plants.

With the lower temps and added nutes and removal of the dead leaves, the disaster appears to have been avoided, no new yellow leaves!

003925.JPG

006711.JPG

Just another question here, I'll post more better quality pics later to have it confirmed, but is this the start of flowers?
010530.JPG

I'm clearly a fanstasic photographer...
011462.JPG

I wish I hadnt gone with Autoflowering seeds, I would much rather have had full control over my grow cycles however if this is the start of flowering I feel it is too early and my yield will be poor. Not that that's a big deal, for a first grow if I can get anything out of my plants I'll be over the moon. My cycle has been 19/5 so far but if theyre flowering now I'll look to switch to 12/12 and change my nutes. Is this the case or am I jumping the gun? As I say I'll add a couple of better quality shots of those later on tonight. Thanks guys.

Thanks for checking in mate. To be honest I lost motivation with this grow because I am unable to keep the temps down and humidity under control with this setup, as was suggested early in the thread. I usually need to leave my door open. I'm already planning my next grow and looking to go for a tent this time. My current plants are small and some of the leaves are yellowing however even as theyre small the bud that is being produced looks very healthy. Unfortunately it only seems to be growing on the main stem and not branching out however it'll party be my fault, with my first grow I didnt want to fuck with the plants to try and encourage them.

012393.JPG

014349.JPG

013381.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom