Gypsy's Caravan Chronicles - Book 1 - Caravan Chaos

quick update, dinner and bed lol. took so long to upload the pics i forgot most of what i was going to say.. and i think i lost a few. :laughtwo:

one of the Dark Angel behind a White Cookies i was inspecting. didn't even know i had hit the button on the camera lol, but the pic came out ok.
DA_over_WC.JPG

the infamous Poor Pit Bull. lower buds are showing most of the damage.. it gets worse even lower but let's not go there lol.
PB_mite_damage.JPG

the upper stuff is looking ok but there is damage. these are just a few clear shots and not the best examples.
Poor_Pitbull1.JPG

see Sue, not packed at all :rofl:
Permafrost left, Pit Bull right and Goblin lurking in the middle lol.
PF_PB_CR_Goblin.JPG

Candy Cane and Early Miss had crashed into the mesh light support rings today when i got home. Candy Cane came out in her Karate stance ready to fight and mad as hell lol..
CC_stance_lol.JPG

Early Miss wasn't quite so angry. they are both on day 10 from planting.
Early_Miss1.JPG

will probably PT soon. :)
EM_PT_close.JPG

and into the nursery under T5. gave them a mild SNS209 treatment and just lowered the light now that they are dry.
EM_CC_under_T5.JPG

a couple more of the Permafrost
Permafrost4.JPG

Permafrost_top.JPG

and off to look for left overs or something lol.

much love :circle-of-love:

You could fit a few more in there with a little effort. :laughtwo: I need to find something to eat too. My stomach just reminded me that food was a basic need no matter how fast Carnival has me moving. LOL! I'm certain I have something decent in the freezer..........

You could fit a few more in there with a little effort. :laughtwo: I need to find something to eat too. My stomach just reminded me that food was a basic need no matter how fast Carnival has me moving. LOL! I'm certain I have something decent in the freezer..........

good morning :hug: just what you need Sue... more pep :) I still can't believe Carnival is done. where did the last few weeks go?

don't worry/ there is still a bunch of stuff under the 400w to the right that is ready to go into big pots. PPB's pests are causing a traffic jam lol. i'm not so sure i'll have to ponytail Candy Cane. she's under the T5 with her leaves standing almost straight up. she's very entertaining :love:

good morning :hug: just what you need Sue... more pep :) I still can't believe Carnival is done. where did the last few weeks go?

don't worry/ there is still a bunch of stuff under the 400w to the right that is ready to go into big pots. PPB's pests are causing a traffic jam lol. i'm not so sure i'll have to ponytail Candy Cane. she's under the T5 with her leaves standing almost straight up. she's very entertaining :love:

If her leaves are exposing the inner reaches you won't need to ponytail. Post a picture. I want to see that. :laughtwo:

No mites! :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

Well done buckaroo! :high-five:

I'll get that pic soon. she was still doing it when last I checked. :laughtwo: she's got attitude for sure.

yeah we broke out the A33 Space Modulator finally lol

this is a cheap large scale humidifier i use for a 4'x4' mushroom grow tent. nothing going in there at the moment so i borrowed it. these are pics of when it was under construction. sterilite 18gal tub. nutone 696 bath fan. silicone caulk, and two single head pond foggers. it plugs into 3" PVC for the mushroom system, but basically i just set this in the tent and removed all the clip on fans etc. ran it for 12 hours on an event timer with 30 minute on/off cycles. RH hit 94%. much better than the 64% of just the foggers in a bucket.

Humidifier_1.jpg

Humidifier_2.jpg

Humidifier_3.jpg

once done all the clip on fans were aimed at the plant and the venting system cranked up to 100%. RH is back to it's normal mid to low 40's now and the buds seem dry. i don't have much in the way of mold issues, but it would definitely not do this more than 12 hours lol. it was almost raining in there.

also, the Dark Angel clone is rooting :)
Dark_Angel_Clone.JPG

along with several others lol.. another Permafrost too
Permafrost_Clone.JPG

:love:

Roots, such a sweet sight. Nice, healthy and vigorous ones at that. :battingeyelashes:

Roots, such a sweet sight. Nice, healthy and vigorous ones at that. :battingeyelashes:

:) thanks Sue :love:

i wish i could get my white widow to root like that permafrost lol. been missing that one lately. time to fire up a few i think.

so planet pest sent in a second wave. apparently the eggs are not quite as effected as the adults. found a few babies this morning so i fired up the A33 again lol. hopefully this will get the last of them. i'll be moving at least 6 plants to flower this week. so long as i don't run into mold issues this will probably become my treatment of choice until the pesticide immune mites are gone. if i ever find my UVC lamp i'll be trying that in the arsenal as well. all in all, i think i can get things moving again without too much worry.

ok planet pest, here i come :)

so i have finally decided on an overall strategy.. it only took 30+ years lol.

today i acquired a CO2 bottle.. just a little one 2.5 lbs (21 cubic feet) but it should be enough to bag the Pit Bull and and give it a blast. between a few of those and the high RH treatments i think i can get her through the next 1-2 weeks. her 'due date' is the 21st and looks like she'll be pretty close. i'll probably begin selective harvesting and extreme bud washing (lol) by the weekend.

so the plan is as follows. the A33 will be piped into both veg and flower room using a 3" PVC tee fitting. control dampers will be added to the system if needed. the same event timer will be used and dialed in accordingly for the increase in space. the girls are really loving the humidity and i sure would like to maintain an average of around 65%. the only trouble is in that range mildew and molds can become an issue. this is where the A34 comes in LOL. A34 is a 36 watt UVC light. i've been doing some research in regards to UVC and pests. it seems the best mortality rate i can hope to accomplish with the light alone is around 50%. the adults simply hide from the radiation in most cases. however, the light does have a drastic effect on powdery mildew and molds, so i as i see it, i can up the RH without too much worry of non-insect invaders. looking at the timing and distance of the light i believe i can run it on the same schedule as the humidifier. we shall see. i'm sure it's not a perfect answer.. but i think it will keep things more manageable in the future. i know the mites can adapt to changes in environment, but maybe they can be kept on their heels. after getting away from pesticides, igr's and systemic stuff for a while they can be re-introduced as needed.

ok back to work now lol.

:love:

I love the way you don't just attack the mites, you blast the hell out of them like a Calvin and Hobbes strip. LOL!

I love the way you don't just attack the mites, you blast the hell out of them like a Calvin and Hobbes strip. LOL!

the A in A33 and A34 does stand for Acme :rofl: it's the Wile E. Coyote nothing done on a small scale philosophy.

meep meep

honestly, i'm just plain tired of stressing on them. most years aren't so bad, but this one reminded me of how much of a pain they are. combining with thrips just made it worse. the good news is i haven't seen a thrip in quite a while. :wood:

I had to leave town with a thrip infestation in my primary no-till. Not the happiest of campers about that, but I know I'll be able to get rid of them before I plant in there again. The disadvantages of bringing in amendments from the wild. You get the local micro life and the delightful possibility of unwanted wildlife. Roll those dice enough times and you're bound to bring some home.

I had to leave town with a thrip infestation in my primary no-till. Not the happiest of campers about that, but I know I'll be able to get rid of them before I plant in there again. The disadvantages of bringing in amendments from the wild. You get the local micro life and the delightful possibility of unwanted wildlife. Roll those dice enough times and you're bound to bring some home.

i live in a fairly remote area. forest for miles in all directions. lots of bugs. i do love living in the woods.. wouldn't have it any other way, but when you do, the woods want to live with you :laughtwo:

Nice way to put it. :laughtwo:!

I think you'd be fine with 65% RH with or without the radiation. I hardly ever manage to get mine that low. Just keep lots of air movement in there 24/7

yeah i'm probably over worried about it. the only issue with molds i have had was a huge sativa got a case of deep bud mold once.. and i brought some clones home from a co-op a few years ago that had a bad powdery mildew infection. even after a pre-treatment. that's the one that causes the most fear lol. that stuff was a bitch to get rid of and it ruined more crop than any mites ever have.

i suppose i'll try it without the light and if it rears it's head i can always break it out.

thanks for the feedback WC :love: calming in a way lol

the battle rages on lol. they moved! the flower room is under control, but i did find a small infestation on Goblin and the two Dark Angels in the veg room. Everything else looks ok so it shouldn't be too hard to get rid of them. Goblin will likely loose a few more leaves, but i honestly think she'd be better off without them in the way lol. a friend at the co-op gave me 3.5 ounces of Flora-mite. i think tomorrow i'll treat the veg room and the stuff that just got moved to flower a few days ago. i'm going to take a few more clones from the White Cookies and Dark Angels and move them to flowering. i'm pretty happy with that WC pheno. looking forward to working with those clones :)
Veg_-_Copy1.jpg

a quick couple in the dark shots of the girls moved to flower on Wednesday..
White Cookies left, next on the right Permafrost, then the rest are Pit Bull.
girls_in_flower_2.JPG

girls_in_flower_1.JPG

added another arm the the A35 vent squid today :laughtwo: it's still temporary. seeing how the 7x7 does with double exhaust. most of that flex will soon become hard pipe for better efficiency. the run from the 4x8 tent still needs to be re-routed and then the whole unit will move up toward the ceiling. eventually, it will exhaust into a carbon filter cylinder also. spent some time assembling two cool tube hoods that i've been meaning to do for wayyyyy too long now. i'll probably get those installed in the next day or so.
Vent_addition.JPG

FG8.JPG

lot's of roots popping too :love: Pitbull is probably my most clone friendly. she always goes about two days before everyone else and rarely even changes color.
Pitbull_Roots.JPG

Crown Royal is blasting them out. she was a little touchy at first coming out from her dome. she's in dirt now with her dome back on and quite happy.
Crown_Royal_Roots.JPG

Crown_Royal_Roots_Close.JPG

another Crown Royal, Dark Angel and Ice Wreck just freed from their domes and on the way to the nursery. the Ice Wreck has yet to be sexed. i'll probably take a few more clones from the four in veg and put those to flower soon too.
Clones143.JPG

Candy Cane is at day 20 and still has an attitude lol. tomorrow she and Early Miss get nutes again and move to the veg room.
Candy_Cane_1.JPG

Early Miss at day 20..
Early_Miss_1.JPG

Early_Miss_2.JPG

and finishing out the night with some Indica that goes by the name of P-51 and some Frank.. dang i so want this strain OMG :love:

P-51_b.JPG

P-51_a.JPG

Frank..
Frank5.JPG

thanks again for stopping by :love: much love

Much love right back at you. :love:

The Candy Cane and Early Miss are coming along beautifully. What gorgeous leaves. What a bummer to have the infestation move on you. :straightface: Deep breath and then destroy! Best of luck eliminating the dreaded mites.

thanks Sue :hug: at least things are improving and the stress levels have dropped a little.. either that or i am too tired lol.

it was nice of my friend to give me the Flora-mite. that stuff is very expensive. works though. i just don't like how long it hangs around in the plant. i'll use it in veg or very early flower, but no later than two weeks in. everyone at the co-op swears by it though.. and 50 other things :laughtwo: but no one had anything bad to say about it so i take that as a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom