Gypsy's Caravan Chronicles - Book 1 - Caravan Chaos

a little catching up lol. been a busy day and week.

two of each DA and WC just got transplanted and so did the mutant Crown Royal. there's still a few more in the nursery and they are doing fine, but i did want to get those deficient ones into new soil. they look like they were snapping back but i'm running out of room so i'll give then a few days and probably go straight to flower with at least a few. got a new tent coming and i want to move the flowering tent first. going to be a fun holiday weekend of shuffling lol. here's a few pics while transplanting.

poor White Cookies
white_cookies3.JPG

even more so Dark Angel
dark_angel1.JPG

and i'm thinking about topping and pruning Goblin (mutant Crown Royal) and letting that inside stuff take over. :)
mutant_crown_royal.JPG

mutant_cr_close.JPG

oooh yeh definitely go to work on goblin!!! looks like a gooder.

I look at the entire topping process with new perspective since Carnival. Prior to her I'd have been right there with everyone else, but look at that plant the next time you're visiting me and ask yourself why you wouldn't want a plant that solidly structured in your own tent? What that plant required was for me to ponytail it, force lights into the interior and let her get robust and about 12"" of incredibly tight nodes before I topped her. Then it was a simple matter of wait until she started to bolt, top her, bend and tuck for less than a week.

It's not a difficult process. It resulted in that amazing plant. Graytail uses it as his signature technique for plants grown from seed. Go and look at the update he posted last night. Given that success I'd advise you step away from the clippers and think for a moment. If you choose to top, so be it, I'll cheer you on with the rest of the galley. But pause a moment and consider the possibilities.

I realize you don't care about the mutant part, but leaving it there a while longer while you ponytail means the lower branches can explode in growth and become so strong and vigorous that they respond almost like playing children when you begin to bend and tuck. If you let the plant get older it recovers from the topping with excitement. Sorry to come across so pushy, but you have a prime candidate there to duplicate what I did with Carnival. I can see it all over that plant.

If shes actively growing right now, assuming she is seeing that undergrowth.. I wouldnt imagine a long recovery from topping now. Then all energy goes to the undergrowth and not to the soon to be gone top.
MHO, all depends on how shes acted up to now.

I look at the entire topping process with new perspective since Carnival. Prior to her I'd have been right there with everyone else, but look at that plant the next time you're visiting me and ask yourself why you wouldn't want a plant that solidly structured in your own tent? What that plant required was for me to ponytail it, force lights into the interior and let her get robust and about 12"" of incredibly tight nodes before I topped her. Then it was a simple matter of wait until she started to bolt, top her, bend and tuck for less than a week.

It's not a difficult process. It resulted in that amazing plant. Graytail uses it as his signature technique for plants grown from seed. Go and look at the update he posted last night. Given that success I'd advise you step away from the clippers and think for a moment. If you choose to top, so be it, I'll cheer you on with the rest of the galley. But pause a moment and consider the possibilities.

I realize you don't care about the mutant part, but leaving it there a while longer while you ponytail means the lower branches can explode in growth and become so strong and vigorous that they respond almost like playing children when you begin to bend and tuck. If you let the plant get older it recovers from the topping with excitement. Sorry to come across so pushy, but you have a prime candidate there to duplicate what I did with Carnival. I can see it all over that plant.

:adore:

carnival sure speaks for itself.

yeh I unfortunately didn't read the toppin part. was thinking more along the defol that I do so the interior gets tons of light.

ponytailing would be awesome too, but its just as easy to steal away the big fans for the light access. just my way, not said to be right, just my way.

push away LOL. ok, ponytail it is for Goblin. i'll give her a little longer before i top it too. i mostly want her to be a bit shorter. CR seems to have a little stretch from what i've seen. we'll see how it goes before i make a decision to bend. i'm a little worried about space atm, but i'm going to be re-arranging the tents etc this weekend. making some major changes to the system to add another tent and a centralized venting system.

i really want to get on those autos too lol.

if work stops burning me out i might actually get to culturing, and soaking some seeds tonight. :)

thank so much for stopping by everyone! :Namaste:

If shes actively growing right now, assuming she is seeing that undergrowth.. I wouldnt imagine a long recovery from topping now. Then all energy goes to the undergrowth and not to the soon to be gone top.
MHO, all depends on how shes acted up to now.

This is exactly what Graytail used to believe and practice. Then, one cycle he got lazy and topped one later and was shocked at how easily it adapted to the training and leveled itself out. So he tried another and lo and behold, it worked again. He hasn't looked back since with plants started from seed. Clones he uses LST for the most part, but this approach to topping, where he waited just that bit longer, changed his entire attitude and has led to that clown car room of incredibly dankness you see on his journal.

This is exactly what Graytail used to believe and practice. Then, one cycle he got lazy and topped one later and was shocked at how easily it adapted to the training and leveled itself out. So he tried another and lo and behold, it worked again. He hasn't looked back since with plants started from seed. Clones he uses LST for the most part, but this approach to topping, where he waited just that bit longer, changed his entire attitude and has led to that clown car room of incredibly dankness you see on his journal.

Totally fascinating. Thank you, Sue -- off to track down Graytail ...

Hi, gypsy -- how are you today?

Hi Glimmer :byebye: busy busy busy

LOL Dank. I actually cooked myself into a come this year. Been a while.

Hi Pidge!

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday! :love:

Just taking a break before lights on lol. Got a lot going on. So far I haven't Pt'd Goblin. She looks more like a milk weed and is sort of doing it herself. She got a little angry ( i think lol ) after repot and she's now under the 600w MH. I'll get pics later.

So 2 of the Dark Angel are pony tailed and soaking up along side Goblin. So are two White Cookies. The other two of each were topped and cloned. Pics later on those too. Doing some uhhh remixing of the grow area and have to turn a 4' x 8' tent 90 degrees so I can get the other tent in and connect everything to a central venting system. It never ends :laughtwo:

In the meantime, I believe Thrip Wars may be coming to a close. After a good lopping of mothers and 3 treatments with SNS217 for everyone I'm seeing no life signs. Just some left over chew marks like on the lower leaves of this Pitbull.
thripbull.JPG

Sorry about the sideways pics.. they are only sideways here lol. They open fine in everything on this side of the screen. Permafrost is in PT bondage now too lol. For what it's worth. She tends to be lanky branchy anyways. She's drying from her final treatment..
Permafrost1126.JPG

a few more of the PB and on to Book 4.
Pitbull1126.JPG
Pitbull1126a.JPG

Much love!

Thanks you guys :love:

I gotta do this before this brownie kicks in the rest of the way lol. Honestly, I should have named this Gypsy's Perpetual Chaos Journal.. so many things going on and no time to get it all done. I did a quick fly by during watering. Here's the topped Dark Angel.. or one of the two anyways lol.
Dark_Angel_Topped.JPG

Dark Angel awaiting transplant to final pot.
Dark_Angel2.JPG

The same Dark Angel on the left. White Cookies on the right..
DA_left_WC_right.JPG

and here's the entire Awaiting Transplant Crew live on this stage. They kept breaking their PT bondage (reminder >>need pipe cleaners) so they are free for the moment. Everything in this room is in a sort of transitory state. There's a 4x8 tent in there and I'll be adding a 7x7 this weekend. I'll post some pics if I survive the experience lol.
Left to right, White Cookies, Dark Angel, White Cookies, Permafrost, Pitbull.
Awaiting_transplant.JPG

a peak in the 4x8 tent.. actually the only clear shot lol. The poor hammered Pitbull is about 3-4 weeks away. I kind of chuckle at this one lol. Growchick said something about learning to keep things smaller. Poor PB is a prime example. Some strains just need to go almost straight to flower after the clone roots. This one was a hacked mother about 12" from the top of the pot when started and now is easily 4 feet. Just about everything that can go wrong has gone wrong lol, but the buds are still looking ok. Prime candidates back building.. heh, maybe tomorrow. * here it is lol Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!
Poor_Pitbull.JPG

Goblin Mutant Update (CKS Crown Royal Mutant)
well.. what the hell do ya say about something like this? :laughtwo:
Goblin_Bondage.JPG

More chaos!!! CKS Candy Cane Auto and Early Miss Auto just popped out of the dirt today. :yahoo:
It will be my first experience with growing auto-flower. I plan on keeping these first two small. They are in .. well, I'm honestly not sure. They are either 3.5 or 4 Gallon pots with Sunshine4.
Candy_Cane_Auto.JPG
Early_Miss_Auto.JPG

and I felt a little stressed and backed up when I started this update but now the brownie is kicking in hard :slide:
Dinner_and_the_Knock_Out_Brownie.JPG

the rest is just home made Thorozine.

Thanks again everyone! :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom